Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Besides the mane six, what elements would other ponies be?

Moonbutt

I believe there is a lesson learned in most episodes from the show, mostly pertaining to the Elements of Harmony aka Mane Six. So I had a thought, what about the other ponies? What element would make them unique?

To start off, I would say Luna is the element of Patience (being on the moon for a millennium), but other elements would link to her as well, but I think patience is more fulfilling. There are signs in the show that describes her being concerned about Twilly before she became a princess, worrying if she would fail, I assume. She seemed to let time pass her by, let things change as they will, observing her surroundings.

There are times I noticed when a pony temporarily loses their element, like Fluttershy being kindness tends to show assertiveness or anger, Pinkie being Laughter, tends to show insecurity and sadness, etc.

So back to Luna being jealous of her sister showed she was becoming impatient maybe? An element of harmony could mean polar opposites at times?

Also, Celestia would probably be the element of Wisdom for obvious reasons.

Any other ponies that come to mind being an element or sub-element? Background ponies? Anything to hint what their element would or could be.

Of the side characters we have:

Zecora:
    Zecora's element could also be wisdom, though knowledge might fit her more. All those potions she makes need some serious knowledge on how to use them.

Cheerilee:
    Cheerilee's would be understanding. A teachers job is to not only teach, but to understand where her students come from.

Of the headcanon characters we have:

Octavia:
    I view Octavia as a pony who has persevered, so her element would be perseverance.

Vinyl Scatch: (aka DJ.P0N3)
    Vinyl is kind of tricky. I think her element could be... MASTER OF THE BASS!!!  ...  or maybe, just going with the flow.

Lyra Heartstrings:
    Lyra's knowledge of humans makes me think of her as the element of Conspiracy.

List may be subject to changes

Edited by IvoryDreamer
  • Brohoof 1

Well I definitely agree with you on Luna and Celestia! It would seem a little strange for all of the ponies to have elements but Zecora would be precision (not exactly necessary for friendship but it suits her) Lilly, Rose or Daisy could represent encouragement (the 3 are in constant flower competitions so...) and Vinyl could be umm self expression?  

• Brohoof 1

Aloe - Relaxation

Lotus - Calm

Octavia - Civility

Vinyl - Rhythm

Okay, that last one may be total BS, but when I try to think of their occupations in a serious light and apply it in a way that can affect ponies in either a positive or negative way that's the best I could come up with.  :please:

• Brohoof 1

Luna and Celestia definitely suit those elements one that I thought was a little funny would be Bulk Biceps for the element of determination or perseverance it seems like he is always trying to give 110% even on cheers.    

• Brohoof 1

I think there should be an Element of Forgiveness. It's a very important thing for any friendship.

I'm not sure whom it would be though...

Anyway, I think that Apple Bloom is the Element of Youthfulness

Cadance would obviously be the element of Love. :P

• Brohoof 1