Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anti bronies: How I handle them on Youtube.

Buck Testa

As any frequenter of pony videos on youtube knows, there are a ton of anti bronies and trolls out there that seek to start flame wars. More often than not, as sad as it is, bronies respond and rant right at them and give them the power they wanted to make bronies upset and riled up. I've seen flame wars that went on for months and its really sad because the only one losing is the ones who comment about it. 

Even I run into anti bronies I can't quite deal with, and I LOVE anti-trolling these kinds of people. 

There is a better way of cleaning up Youtube though, at least for yourself and it would only take a bit out of your day to do it. 

Block, Flag, and Mute these people.

slience%20i%20block%20you.jpg

I know its sounds obvious but in the heat of the moment it really isn't. You want to strike out and yell at them for how wrong they are, but that is EXACTLY what they want you to do. Once you block them (both their google+ account and their youtube account) and mute them (which is kind of redundant but it gets the job done) you will no longer see this individuals comment. The more anti bronies you do this with the less of them you are going to see. Flag them if they are saying some stuff that goes against youtube policy too, if they say derogatory or hate filled stuff then Youtube will bring the ban hammer down on them.

YouHaveBeenBlocked-300x214.jpg

In fact if they are a troll chances are if you go in their feed you'll find a slew of comments similar to the one you found. If you feel so inclined, flag each and every one of them, have fun with it, because people like this don't need to be polluting youtube anymore. These anti bronies make themselves known, you make them vanish from your sight. 

54699248.jpg

That's what I've been doing lately, and you know what? I haven't seen an anti brony comment in quite awhile.

Imagine if every brony who frequented youtube did this? Anti bronies wouldn't get to flame because no one would see their comments. They could rant all day and it would fall on deaf ears. 

And really there aren't as many of them as you think, I know I've seen a drastic decrease after only a dozen or so blocks. 

So if you haven't already gotten into the habit of doing this, start doing yourself a favor and removing this filth from your sight, you'll have a much happier experience on youtube for it. 

Remember, these people are only doing this to agitate others, they troll just for trollings sake and they are NOT worth your time bickering with. Block them and move on with your day. 

• Brohoof 11

I really like your nonviolent way to handle anti bronies and I support it. It just riles me up when anti bronies say negative comments about bronies but being mean back is not the answer. And one thing this fandom has taught me is to love and tolerate haters, no matter how much negativity they throw at us we have to stay strong. Besides, they're just mad that they can't learn to love and tolerate. 

• Brohoof 2

I prefer these methods over feeding the trolls, but at the same time, I don't believe people should be silenced. When they are silenced, others will never get to see how ridiculous they are. 

I don't comment much, especially since Youtube was ruined by Google+, and the most responded to comments are shown at the top (So the trolls get even more attention. What a terrible system.  :okiedokielokie: ), but just ignoring the comment would be okay. If we simply don't feed the trolls, the trolls will not appear at the top of the comments section, and nobody will ever see their comments.

• Brohoof 2

I prefer these methods over feeding the trolls, but at the same time, I don't believe people should be silenced. When they are silenced, others will never get to see how ridiculous they are. 

I don't comment much, especially since Youtube was ruined by Google+, and the most responded to comments are shown at the top (So the trolls get even more attention. What a terrible system.  :okiedokielokie: ), but just ignoring the comment would be okay. If we simply don't feed the trolls, the trolls will not appear at the top of the comments section, and nobody will ever see their comments.

If you can't see the comment you can't Feed it. You'll avoid that drama all together and just see the kinds of comments you want to see. I'm saying this is the best way to deal with it because it not only allows you to truly ignore them, you also send the message to youtube that they are abusing their account by posting hateful things. 

• Brohoof 1

If you can't see the comment you can't Feed it. You'll avoid that drama all together and just see the kinds of comments you want to see. I'm saying this is the best way to deal with it because it not only allows you to truly ignore them, you also send the message to youtube that they are abusing their account by posting hateful things. 

Hmm. I guess it really depends how their comment is directed. If they say something like "Bronies are stupid for liking a little girls show.", then that shouldn't be counted as hateful. Now if they are directly talking to someone and are calling them all these names for having a mlp avatar or simply saying they like the show, then I totally agree. So many times, even on non-mlp videos, I see some troll harass someone just because they have a pony avatar. Those are the kind of irrelevant comments that I wouldn't mind seeing wiped off of youtube.

I for the most part just ignore them. As the lyric goes, "the only winning move is not to play!"

Anti-Bronies and trolls in general won't be able to get under your skin if you don't acknowledge them! ;)

• Brohoof 3

Sound advice from the OP on handling trolls.

But what about Bronies who respond in kind?  Hateful, foul-mouthed, militant and stupid?

I'll answer my own question.  Flag them too.  As far as I'm concerned, people who are hateful, foul-mouthed, militant and stupid don't deserve to call themselves Bronies - no matter how much they like the show.   A troll is a troll, a flamer is a flamer.  Doesn't matter which side of the argument they're on. 

Real Bronies will consider the source and move on.  Can you imagine Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy or Rarity acting like that? 

Pinkie Pie would laugh and make them disappear.

Twilight Sparkle would read about anger management and psych disorders.

Applejack would shrug and get back to work.

Rarity would close her eyes, put her nose in the air and leave in a crushing silence.

Fluttershy would look for the thorn in the troll's/ flamer's paw.

Rainbow Dash would kick the "block," "mute" and "flag" buttons - hard - and then laugh that adorable, cracked laughter of hers.

• Brohoof 4

I like how you used the strategy to your advantage, and I would also like to add something to that:

Another good way to do this is just ignore them and let their hate build up on their page. Next thing you know, they're banned from Youtube permanently, hence the saying, "Don't feed the parasprites." Another good thing to do is to do what ponies are also here to do: Love and Tolerate. When a hater comes at you, you show them kindness and compassion regardless of their vulgar display of stupidity. It is going to wear on them eventually if you're persistent. I heard a story about a brony who loved and tolerated a hater, and it worked. It turned out that the hater was actually just angry at his own life, so he took it out on bronies. There are many ways to deal with haters. Preferably, I would Love and Tolerate one while blocking all the others. I have a thing for dealing with one person at a time. 

• Brohoof 1

I'ts good advice for anyone who doesn't know how to handle the trolls. I welcome it, this is usually what i do as i've seen a lot of haters of MLP and trolls looking to get a reaction. I usually just ignore them, if i do get any abusive comments i block them immediately.

I just flat-out ignore them. When someone is discussing with me in my reply section and some idiot decides it's that time again, I just act like he doesn't exist and continue talking to the other person. They usually stop it after one or two replies.

If you know they're trolls, why do you see them as a problem in the first place?

That is the wrong mindset. While YOU may not get riled up by them, while I may not get riled up by them, many people do. Trolls are not harmless, their words can end up causing some real harm to people who take them seriously. Its way to rampant on Youtube and they need to be dealt with. THIS is a way to handle them without playing their game. 

I'ts good advice for anyone who doesn't know how to handle the trolls.

Exactly. As I said, I usually am fine with them, but there are times when the troll is just too good at what they do, and in order to prevent a flame war it is better to just block them and not give them that satisfaction than take the bait. 

What I'm saying is IF the troll is getting you to the point of starting a flame war, then do this instead of making the issue worse. 

• Brohoof 2

Yeah because god forbid ignoring folks is as easier as it sounds. If I call someone a "autistic neckbearded fatass", am I within the right to do so? Yes. Should I expect the object of my insult to retaliate? You betcha.

A troll's power goes both ways, if he makes his mark and no one responds, he will feel a sense of victory just as there are some who will achieve said victory through angry responses.

(edited)

I just flat-out ignore them. When someone is discussing with me in my reply section and some idiot decides it's that time again, I just act like he doesn't exist and continue talking to the other person. They usually stop it after one or two replies.

And if you are able to handle them that way then that's Great! IF there is one that DOES happen to push the right buttons and get you ready to flame back  though, then (not saying it will happen but...) it really is a better thing to resort too then starting a war with the troll. 

Edited by Buck Testa

• 3 weeks later...

Just ignore them.

I know it can be hard because you really want to try and prove them wrong, but it isn't worth it.

I just ignore them, I don't really have the time to deal with people like that anymore lol. I used to try and talk with them, hardly ever went anywhere good.

True, stricking back or attacking trolls will only bring more strenght to them, but if you take away their priviledge to comment, their unseen anger is far more effective. I know from experience  B)

Yes, this is a good way of dealing with them..

Why waste precious time arguing with someone who simply refuses to change their ways?

It's not worth it, as tempting as it may be to somehow slap that person through your screen.. XD

I was just about to jokingly say "How I deal with anti-bronies and trolls: block them...  ;)  " But thankfully OP has already got that covered..^.^