Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever called a teacher mom?

Ricebug

This is more of an embarrassing thing that I have done, I know my friends at school have done it they have told me, but I was wondering if any of you have done it.

I have done it 2 separate times, once around 7th grade I was tired and ready to go home and I was told to hand out papers (ug) and I said "Alright mom! I will!" I said mom with emphasis it sounded embarrassing to me but supposedly it was like I was calling her mom for making me do the chore if that makes sense....

And the second freshman year, I was like about to fall on my desk asleep (I don't sleep much :/) and I was asked to go to the board to answer a question and through my tiredness I said "Not right now mom" Wasn't loud enough for anyone to hear but I remember it.

• Brohoof 2

YES

It happens to me like, almost every year. I DOn'T KNOW WHY.
The earliest example was in seventh grade when I called my science teacher mom and then went to go crawl in a hole

No- that would be hilarious though! :P

Although this reminds me of the time my dad was ordering a pizza through the phone. I guess he forgot who he was talking to, and just before the call ended he said, "Love you, Bye," like he says to my mom. XD He ended the call before she could answer him though.

• Brohoof 3

I think I did it 2, maybe 3 times back in Elementary. I got more male teachers in middle school and after. That structure makes it hard to interact with a teacher, so it's not likely I'll get close enough to call them that. And I also became more closed off of a person in high school.  Tried to tune out and become numb to the world so I could get though my dull, monotonous, unrewarding day. 

• Brohoof 1

I accidentally called my AFJROTC instructor 'dad' before. 

We just laughed it off; it was an accident.

• Brohoof 1

It wasn't that common for me, but I did call teachers mom, maybe one professor in college, and even co-workers.

Yep, I said co-workers... >_>

• Brohoof 2

When I was in 3rd grade i caught a very aggressive cold. Being the stubborn child I was, I decided to tough it out.... I started hallucinating in class and at one point called my teacher mother, and the principle who assisted in getting me to the school infirmary dad, and apparently during this time I was acting like a drunk person.... But I honestly don't remeber much of that day, or that week to be honest because I slept on and off for the next four days after that.

• Brohoof 1

Yep, I have a few times before. I try to laugh it off, but it really is rather embarrassing when you accidently call your teacher mum. xP

• Brohoof 1

I called one of my teachers mom by accident like 11 years ago. It was pretty embarrassing.

• Brohoof 1

The one and only time I can ever recall that happening to me was when I was in Grade 5 (I was living in Toronto at the time). Even though she was a woman (she is also married and is Jewish. Yes, I still remember those details from back then, don't judge me), I one day accidentally called her "Mama" (that's how I call my mom) OUTLOUD (I don't remember if we were doing an activity or if she was doing a lecture, but moving on)! Immediately after doing that, I covered my mouth in a colossal embarrassment. I don't remember if any of the classmates laughed at me for doing that, but nevertheless, I then ran out of the classroom to the hallway beside the classroom door and tried to calm myself down from that embarrassing act I made.

Shortly after I ran out of the classroom, the teacher came out to assure me that everything was fine and such.

That's all the detail I remember from that event.

Reading this topic immediately flooded back memories in my head about it, so I wanted to share it. :)

Edited by Jonny Music

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...