Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Had To Call 911, 999, or your country's assigned emergency service number?

Venomous

Have you ever had to dial 911, 999, etc.?

I've only had to call 911 once. I was 14 and a man kept asking me to get into his car.

• Brohoof 3

Not technically, and I hope I never have to. The one time I did, it was just for laughs. My mom gave my sister a flip phone when she was in third grade, and at the time, me being 6, her being 8, we thought it would be funny to dial 911 and hit talk just to see what happens. My mom snatched the phone away quickly and my sister and I were grounded for a looooong time.

• Brohoof 4

Well... kinda.... its was a long time ago when I was about 5. My mom was talking to a friend, while her son and I were next to a telephone booth. I press 911 thinking that it won't work since I didn't put any money in it.... I was wrong.

• Brohoof 3

Several times. 

Once, when an idiot guy I went to high school with was at the park where my friends and I were hanging out. He tried hanging onto the hood of a moving car for "fun" and fell off. He was knocked out. He ended up being fine, since the car wasn't going very fast when he fell.

I saw a man hit by a car several years ago. He was not as lucky, he was obviously dead when he hit the ground, but I called, obviously, because the police needed to get there.

I've called three or four times while driving on the highway to report drivers. I don't know if they were drunk or elderly or high, but when they began weaving over the lines and almost hitting other cars, I had to call

And finally, I've called too many times to remember at various jobs. I've worked a lot of management jobs at restaurants, and it is always the manager's job to call 911 when people start getting violent or dangerous, or there is a medical emergency. 

• Brohoof 3

A long time ago when I was 7 or 8, I wasn't stupid and knew what the number was for, but I thought the phone in my great grandparents house was broken, So I called the number. Needless to say I got in a fairly large amount of trouble. 

Now for any serious reason, no, I have not had to call 911.

• Brohoof 2

Once, and this is really quite recently. After watching SNL long into the night, I wake up at about 5:00 in the morning, went into the kitchen, and... saw a ladder leaning against my balcony, leading upstairs, where my parents sleep. I go into their rooms, wake them up, and tell them about it, honestly hoping that they'd put it there or something. However, the whole situation got a lot more sketchy when my mother later recalled a loud *BANG* yesterday night, as if something heavy had smashed into something metal (as it turns out, our gutters). So no, they don't know why it's there, so they bring it inside (a bad idea, in hindsight – what if it was recent and the criminal was hiding outside, armed?) and call the police. In the meantime, my mother thinks of all kinds of innocent reasons why it'd be there, because I've since learned she's terrified of being robbed. At first, we think nothing is stolen, but then we realize that one of the screens on the windows was on the balcony, torn open, and the thief dropped a box and some jewellery during his escape. So yes, we were robbed. Sigh. The rest of that day is dedicated to investigations and all that, but aside from some small evidence, no fingerprints or anything are found.

However, luckily, the crook was caught two weeks ago. Yay!

• Brohoof 2

Um. Well not directly, but I did have to get the phone, but i think my mom or maybe it was my brother who did the talking(I'm not much of a good speaker.) It was because my stepdad had some internal issue and he like passed out or something really weirdly. So we had to call them then.

I did stay relatively calm, it was kinda odd how calm i stayed even when directing the emergency people to my stepdad. My mom on the other hand was freaking out. 

Other then that though, no. I haven't spoke to 911 directly ever.

• Brohoof 1

I had to call 911 once when my sister and I couldn't figure out how to turn the stove off in the kitchen. Mom and Dad weren't home, so we called the police to come help us. They turned it off, and taught us how to do it in case that ever happened again. Mom and Dad were mortified when they got home, but hey, what are you gonna do. At least the house didn't burn down.

• Brohoof 6

A few years ago people tried breaking into my house to try to steal Christmas presents so they could sell them for drug money. They were unsuccessful and were caught by the police a few houses away from me.

• Brohoof 3

Twice. Within a few months actually.

Someone was breaking in to my shed. Or tried to at least. They got the doors open, and I overheard them talking on their cellphone...so I ran back to the house and dialed 911. but they had hopped the fence already when the cops showed up....they bent the fence in the process too....This was this past winter/spring.

Second time, There was some drunk guy trying to break into the  house, called the cops on him. Scared shitless mind you. He was a big guy. He got arrested shortly after....same with his girlfriend.

Edited by ~Flutterdash~
  • Brohoof 1

But of course, you realized that you don't call 911 when you get the wrong amount of burgers...you call 911 when they forget that you asked for no pickles. 

Well...In my hometown someone literally shot into a McDonalds after they got the order wrong twice. Cops were called, obviously.

I had to once, and I would rather not talk about why.

I've called twice, once was for a guy that had a concealed gun at the Starbucks I was working at. Turns out he was wanted for holding up a gas station. Scary stuff.

The other time my mom was having chest pains. I forget what the cause was, but it was minor.

Yes.  One time in the middle of October (cold cold weather up in Ontario) my brother fell through the cover to our pool.

In the long run, getting him out wouldn't have been all that difficult if I was level headed; he was freezing but he wasn't having too much trouble staying afloat and I could have just loosened the cover around to the shallow end so he could get out there.  Oh well.  All that matters is that he was alright in the end.

yes a few times:

one time was when my ex wife, kids and I were at the park, now there was this little kiddy playground, wodden with a fence around it. There was this group of drunken idiots there, some of them were only 14, and they were literally being a menace. They scared quite a lot of people away. Now I was pretty pissed off with them, not only were they drinking in public and being drunk and disorderly, they were underage and doing it in an area were little kids play. I tried telling them off but then they got violent and started trying to smash bottles and threaten me with them, so I ended up calling the police on them. They then moved to the other playground at the park, which was quite close to the police station, needless to say they got arrested and banned from the park.

Second time was when my ex wife and I eventually stopped my ex stepdaugther from playing with one of our neighbor's kids, because everytime she would play with her, my ex stepdaughter would always come home crying her eyes out, and she developed a rather nasty and disrespectful attitude. Whenever the girl would come asking if my ex stepdaughter could play with her, we would usually just say that she was either sick, grounded or at another friends' house. But one time the girl brought her grandmother with her, and pretty much cornered us, forcing us to tell the truth, so we did, they went back home. We heard a bit of shouting, then the next thing we know, the girl's mother was at our front window and door screaming obscenities at us, and threatening to run my ex step daughter over if she ever saw her. So I called the police up, surprisingly calmly, and I was simply told that she was just blowing off steam, but if she does ever threaten phsycially, then to call the police.

Every other time, it was just to complain about neighbors being far too loud and noisy after 10pm at night, which nothing was done about.

• Brohoof 2

Here we have separate numbers for everything. BUT if you call the police they wouldn't come or they'd come too late, if you call the ambulance they will send the gravediggers. I am serious this actually happened.

But myself I never called.