Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Had To Call 911, 999, or your country's assigned emergency service number?

Venomous

Never. But, I could've called 911 back when my mother and step father were fighting and abusing each other, which really scared me as I was only 9 or 10 at the time (and this was like 6-7 years ago). I almost lost my mother during that time.

There was a mulch fire once so I called 911 about it, living in California for a while made me paranoid about such things even though I currently live in Ontario, Canada.  There were a few mulch fires actually, sometimes I wish everyone would stop throwing their cigarette butts in the mulch, especially when the mulch is dry....

I also had to talk to someone when my mom called the cops on my brother, but I'd rather not get into that.

Maybe a few times. One time when I butt dialed emergency services. That was fun to do.

Other times were when I got in car accidents.

• Brohoof 1

My parents called 911 for me once when I passed out on their kitchen floor. They sent an ambulance.

When I was 14 and just me and my brother were at home, some deranged man started pounding on the windows and doors to get into the house. I was about to call the police but my brother said to call dad at work instead. I did, and he sped home as fast as he could, running every red light and getting there in record time. I'm glad we called him instead of the cops because he was quicker and it was so satisfying seeing my dad show up and pound the daylights out of that guy. It didn't matter that my dad is small and the guy was big, my dad clobbered him! Total hero.

I have had to call 911 Emergency Services before. Mostly for fights. I saw a fight break out in my apartment complex about six-eight years or so back and some guy pulled a gun, pointing it at the other before hoofing it. I called to describe the man and kept it anonymous.  I have called just the police for a noise disturbance in an apartment before because I needed to sleep and the inconsiderate neighbours were having a party well past the noise curfew.

I also had to call 911 when I went outside to go to work some time back (my husband was still asleep upstairs) and I went to my car and found a drunk guy sleeping in it. He broke into it and slept, ripping off the bottom of my steering wheel column and pulled out the drunk light (the light that's around your ignition so you can see it in the dark, comes on when you open the door, not all cars have this feature).

Luckily everything snapped back into place so no real damage was done, I was just mad that he felt he had the right to do that. Ultimately I decided to not press charges because no damage was done in the end, and the guy was off his rocker drunk and I found out he already had like four DUI's against him. He also stood there the whole time I called the police and waited for them. I think he just wanted a decent place to sleep it off for the night.

I worked at a gas station part time during my college years and it was in the bad part of town. Had a bad crack and heroine epidemic. We had messed up people come in all the time, day and night, but night was the worst. They came out of the woodwork. Drunk people of course would stumble in, and we only had one bathroom, so sometimes people liked to go in there and shoot up. We had a 5 minute limit on our restroom and if they went over, we had to throw them out. Once someone messed up hitting their vein while shooting up and sprayed blood on the walls, floor, toilet and sink. That was...frustrating.

We had a fight between a couple break out, and he clothes-lined her from behind, slamming her face into the pavement when she tried to run, and then he got in the car, and drove off while she was fighting to get her kids out of the back seat. He nearly drug her. One kid managed to get out, but a toddler was left in the car as he sped off.

I have also had to call 911 on violent drunks that assaulted one of my co-workers with bananas from the store and tried to fist fight him in the parking lot. Also while working there, we have had to call for theft, and I've even been threatened in the parking lot near the doors, in sight of camera with a butterfly knife, and had heroine needles flashed at me.

I do not miss it lol.

Edited by King Blanketfort

On 2/15/2014 at 1:12 PM, Venomous said:

I've only had to call 911 once.I was 14 and a man kept asking me to get into his car. He offered "A good time and ice cream". I ran off and dialed 911.

The guy offered Ice cream? I thought strangers only do that to small kids. o_0

Edited by Lulaypp

1 hour ago, Lulaypp said:

The guy offered Ice cream? I thought strangers only do that to small kids. o_0

I suppose 14 was still young enough :mlp_huh:

• Brohoof 1

I've never called 911, but my dad had to once. He went to visit a friend a year or two ago and found him passed out on the floor with a horrifically high fever. Luckily, an ambulance came and my dad's friend recovered. I really hope I never have to call 911 myself. :sealed:

I had to call the police for two times. The first time was on a dark morning while I drove to the school and a tree lied on the street directly behind a sharp bend. I called the police because it was a dangerous situation for other drivers. The second time was when I had an accident with my car.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Yes I have. For medical reasons and for car accidents. One person who hit me doesn’t want the police involvement but what I learn after three car accidents is just be an asshole and call for the polices to sort it out. That way they get what they deserve by having their insurance pay up for you. Also it's always a good idea to call for a third party in case that person tries to blame you for crushing onto them. Who needs a layer when you can have the police sort it out right here and now?

Another time was when I drop off my sister to a job interview at the night and waited there on the car till she’s done. The building was closed and there’s no one left and there’s no light in the building except for the lobby. My sister’s  interview already ended by then but she didn’t came out. After another hour I waited and tried calling her. I even wait out and look around if there’s any cars around none. I tried to open the door and it was locked, which of course not surprised. One lady did came out and I asked her if there’s anyone else in the building. She didn’t know..but said she’s technically the closer. 30 mins passed and then that’s when I got frantic thinking something bad might have happen to her without anyone acknowledgment. I called 911 for that reason. Man.. I remember how frustrating it was when the operator keep telling me to repeat the address over and over when I was trying my best through my panicked voice.  Luckily, she came out and said the interview was just longer than expected. Never have I panicked like this.