Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Had To Call 911, 999, or your country's assigned emergency service number?

Venomous

Yes i have, all at work some ate good stories

1st) guy was getting beat up by his exgirlfriend ib the drivethru

2nd) and probably the funniest guy have drunk came in and demanded i called the cops for him cause he drive his car in a ditch, after some questioning if he really wanted to I finaly did.

3rd) adyer a Bills game some guy got car jacked

4th) there was a creepy guy staring into our wondows at night and tge girl i worked with got paranoid

• Brohoof 1

Well no because in England the number is 999 for the emergency services, and I’ve never had to dial the emergency services but at about 6 years old I used to prank the police, and start quoting from the Rescuers movie a lot.

Some police once came round to the house and told me off, and it happened again at my grandparents house and the police man said “if you do it again you’ll be in big big big big trouble”, and I haven’t done it since.

There have been times when others have dialled 999, like when my Nana had the odd fall and needed an ambulance but I personally haven’t done it in about 20 years.

A couple weeks ago, actually.

There were a couple of asses who were walking by my house at like 2:00 AM and they were having a conversation at the top of their lungs and I thought they were straight up high so my mom told me to call the police.

I can't think of many now but I'm sure there were more.

Well I got a funny story and a story with advice XD

1. It was years ago when me and my bro were in McDonalds, my mom was talking to her friends so me and my bro when to the other room and decided to mess around on the payphone. We pretended to make "funny" calls whenI got the idea to make another call and I I dialed 911... That's when I learned payphonea don't require money to call 911. Let me tell you I froze when she picked up XD it ended fine and I just explained I didn't know and I guess she knew I was a kid but that was scary lol.

2. Recently actually my dog escaped from the backyard because I left the fence open... anyways the animal shelter line was down andit didn't even say they found my type of dog. So I called 911 and they helped me set up a mosssong animal report, however when describing my dog a woman had actually taken him in and called the police to let them know she had him :D my family was realived! :3

• Brohoof 2

Reading all these comments make me feel like a poo magnet T_T I used to have to call in numerous times from traffic accidents i've witnessed, to having to call it while at work for disorderly customers. Had a lady ram a gas pump one time...

I guess my most memorable call would be.... I guess the lady that hit the gas pump. She drove in to the parking lot of my store one night, heavily intoxicated. My boss tells me that we shouldn't care if they are driving drunk and just serve them anyways because my boss sucks. So she gets some snacks and prepays for gas. She hops in her car and pulls straight back, foot to the floor. Now, if she didn't swerve, she would have hit the pillar and everything would have been fine, but she swerved and sent the car sideways(I'm already on the phone dialing 911 at this point) She pushed it back in to a pump, making the actual pump tower lean over. She gets out and starts looking around and me and my coworker have to evacuate the store.Thankfully there was no fire. 

Needless to say the police gave her a new pair of shiny silver bracelets, and we were out a pump for about 2 weeks.

• Brohoof 1

One day I found a large traffic cone/barrel thing and I thought it would e fun to grab some friends and get inside of the thing and dance around. Well, it was fun, some people even stopped to say hi or laughed at how stupid we were while driving by. There was this one car though that ha some teens in it, the stopped and started taking video. My friend was currently in the barrel thing dancing and whatnot, when all of a sudden the car come towards us. This curly haired dude popes out and shoved my friend down. I started running after them, but it would seem I am not as fast as a car. I helped my friend up, whose glasses an wrist were broke, and went inside to call the police. But other than that I have never called them.

Rarely ever have I had to call 911, and I don't like to do it unless I feel I have no other solution. There was a point in time where I was separated from my mother and she was facing a very difficult time. She's always had depression problems and when she wouldn't answer my phone calls one day, I called the police to check up on her to make sure she alright. I was a lot younger then but I know in my heart now that she would never do anything to harm herself.

I also had to make a phone call for a domestic violence problem in the past. Let's just say some men should not be drinking at all. >_>

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

On 2/15/2014 at 1:41 AM, Daring said:

A few years ago people tried breaking into my house to try to steal Christmas presents so they could sell them for drug money. They were unsuccessful and were caught by the police a few houses away from me.

That's just low.

On 2/15/2014 at 3:34 PM, PurplePony said:

My landlord was threatening me with a gun..... I wasn't going to pay a bill without seeing it and she threatened to kill me. So I called the cops, they watched as I got my things and left.

What a crazy person.

On 2/15/2014 at 3:15 AM, Troblems said:

I've called twice, once was for a guy that had a concealed gun at the Starbucks I was working at. Turns out he was wanted for holding up a gas station. Scary stuff.

The other time my mom was having chest pains. I forget what the cause was, but it was minor.

That's scary.

On 2/15/2014 at 4:06 AM, ErBoi said:

Yes.  One time in the middle of October (cold cold weather up in Ontario) my brother fell through the cover to our pool.

In the long run, getting him out wouldn't have been all that difficult if I was level headed; he was freezing but he wasn't having too much trouble staying afloat and I could have just loosened the cover around to the shallow end so he could get out there.  Oh well.  All that matters is that he was alright in the end.

Good, I'm glad he's okay. 

I recently called 911 this past fall when my boss went into an epileptic seizure. I was never trained in handling seizures (besides making sure they do not injure themselves).....It was really scary and I never saw someone have a seizure before :o

On 2/15/2014 at 9:08 AM, Mikami said:

Yeah, once. I thought some guy was trying to break into my house. Turns out he was just opening the door to stick some stupid ad on my door.

I don't blame you. Whenever I hear a noise I assume someone is breaking in.

On 2/15/2014 at 3:52 PM, Treble Bolt said:

I recently called 911 this past fall when my boss went into an epileptic seizure. I was never trained in handling seizures (besides making sure they do not injure themselves).....It was really scary and I never saw someone have a seizure before :o

I saw a guy have a seizure at a gas station. Thankfully, the ambulance was already there. It is a pretty scary thing to witness, I know how you must have felt.

On 2/15/2014 at 4:23 AM, SweetieBelle456 said:

No, but I had to constantly learn it in school.

I know it was for good intentions but it got boring.

On 2/15/2014 at 6:51 AM, Eureka said:

A couple weeks ago, actually.

There were a couple of asses who were walking by my house at like 2:00 AM and they were having a conversation at the top of their lungs and I thought they were straight up high so my mom told me to call the police.

I can't think of many now but I'm sure there were more.

Some people don't even need to be in public at all.

On 2/15/2014 at 4:49 AM, Raiden NightSong said:

yes a few times:

one time was when my ex wife, kids and I were at the park, now there was this little kiddy playground, wodden with a fence around it. There was this group of drunken idiots there, some of them were only 14, and they were literally being a menace. They scared quite a lot of people away. Now I was pretty pissed off with them, not only were they drinking in public and being drunk and disorderly, they were underage and doing it in an area were little kids play. I tried telling them off but then they got violent and started trying to smash bottles and threaten me with them, so I ended up calling the police on them. They then moved to the other playground at the park, which was quite close to the police station, needless to say they got arrested and banned from the park.

Second time was when my ex wife and I eventually stopped my ex stepdaugther from playing with one of our neighbor's kids, because everytime she would play with her, my ex stepdaughter would always come home crying her eyes out, and she developed a rather nasty and disrespectful attitude. Whenever the girl would come asking if my ex stepdaughter could play with her, we would usually just say that she was either sick, grounded or at another friends' house. But one time the girl brought her grandmother with her, and pretty much cornered us, forcing us to tell the truth, so we did, they went back home. We heard a bit of shouting, then the next thing we know, the girl's mother was at our front window and door screaming obscenities at us, and threatening to run my ex step daughter over if she ever saw her. So I called the police up, surprisingly calmly, and I was simply told that she was just blowing off steam, but if she does ever threaten phsycially, then to call the police.

Every other time, it was just to complain about neighbors being far too loud and noisy after 10pm at night, which nothing was done about.

Good call

• Brohoof 1

It's not 911 by us, so nope :P

But even with our number, nope

But I remember, there was a party on a garden and nearby a telephone. I was not even in school in that time, mayby I was 4 years old. I just randomly pressed numbers and accidentally call the police. They asking me, what's wrong, I get scared and run to my parents XD

well, a while back i was in a major wreck (not my fault) and the police were called, i was thrown on the ground and had a very bright light shined in my eyes, then told to walk the side of theroad, which i couldnt do bc i had a concussion, and then i was finally able to go to the hospital, where is was discovered id had a BROKEN ARM

O and once we were trailing and my bud flipped his ATV into a tree w/o a helmet, we called ems for that.

No I did not call, but I was close to doing it twice. The first time was two years ago when my next door neighbor sorta went crazy shouting random things and quoting songs, and was beating up either on his mother or wife, I really don't know. I live in an apartment building. Then the strangest thing happen. He ended up saying I dare you to call the cops, either talking to the woman with him or the surrounding neighbors. I didn't call after that because I was afraid, but he was taken away, came back about a month or two later, repeat process (Yes it ended up happening a second time).

The second time was about 2-3 months ago where some group of people, (don't really know if they were kids or not) was vandalizing the building with spray paint. I left it alone at the moment, but when I checked  the place they were at, they were actually going over the graffiti with the wall's paint color.