Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like Rainbow Dash's look as a human?

Pegasus

I love EqG. I've honestly thought that Rainbow Dash's costume isn't the worst, but I've wondered about the dress with the spandex before... Honestly, all the characters seem to have been designed fine.

On a side note I think Rainbow Dash being a rocker girl and all would really like some metalcore music like this.

I could just imagine if this kind of real rock made it into Rainbow Rocks lol.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

I like it for the most part, but her hair just has too much going on. In any given shot, her hair has three or four streaks of duplicate colors. I know they were trying to hit the Rainbow part, but I think they tried too hard. Also, her outfit doesn't seem sporty enough to me, but I don't really have a problem with the skirt. I've known many sporty girls who wore skirts, even with compression shorts underneath like Dash; I also knew many cowgirls who wore skirts as well, like Applejack. My main problem with Rainbow Dash's outfit, and this extends to the rest of them, is that she and every single one of the mane six including Sunset Shimmer is wearing some kind of knee-high boot. Now, I'm one who loves the look of a tall boot on a gal, but it just doesn't fit for some of them, Dash especially. They don't seem like the kind of footwear that the girl who's "the captain of, like, every team at Canterlot High" would wear. Throw a girl a sneaker or something! >_>

No. A skirt doesn't fit her personality. I mean, Scootaloo gets pants, why not Dash?

It's wierd, Apple Bloom gets pants as well, where as Apple Jack gets a skirt, wuzup with that?

• Brohoof 1

I don't recognize her as Rainbow Dash.  Were she treated simply as a human girl doing some sort of Rainbow Dash cosplay, I wouldn't mind so much.  I might regard it as a somewhat odd interpretation, but a good effort, nonetheless.  Which is how I regard many cosplays anyhow. xD

Rainbow Dash cosplaying as not-Rainbow Dash. xD

post-26550-0-02553100-1429909198_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

No. A skirt doesn't fit her personality. I mean, Scootaloo gets pants, why not Dash?

How is that so? Just because she is a tomboy she automatically shouldn't like skirts?

Granted I can see where you are coming from so don't get me wrong, but humans are usually a little more complex than that. :)

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

To me she looks like a fusion of Rainbow Brite(but less girly) and Joan Jett(but less rough) that originated from the world of the Nickelodeon show 'Doug'(but less lame).

post-30550-0-11440100-1431703092_thumb.jpg

post-30550-0-91384900-1431703103.png

post-30550-0-00388300-1431703156_thumb.jpg

post-30550-0-29808700-1431703188.png

post-30550-0-98587300-1431703208_thumb.jpg

post-30550-0-15340100-1431703240.png

post-30550-0-62784400-1431703285_thumb.png

So I can't say I have any real issue with it overall.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I expected her to get pants or shorts and sneakers not a skirt and boots that look like sneakers.

I mean even Celestia and Luna who are more extravagantly and girly dressed as ponies were sporting pants in comparison to Rainbow Dash.

2f91a65c07cbf9fd84731227bcc878c6.jpg

a91f41a39ade20b5d6fb7db02328203c.jpg

Edited by cider float