Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Is Five Nights at Freddy's overrated?

SUPERFOX5

Well as with all horror, living it is different to only watching it. One reason you didn't care for the Completionist's videos were that you weren't the one playing yourself. The Jumpscares are merely the puishment factor of the game, but the game is considered scary for many more reasons. Panic is a good one that shows up often.

That being said, yeah it's pretty overrated. I think they're very good games, but they're not exactly amazing. But, that being said, that's also WAY more than I ever expected for a $10 title from one person.

I truly only liked the first game. It was so unknown and not much BIG secrets. It was simple, scary at first, and fun. When they made the 2nd one, I wasn't unhappy, but I just didnt like how there was like several new animatronics, it being more difficult (though more challenges isn't bad), and how there was so much more story and secrets. Its a small PC game for god's sake. Then when 3 came out, I was very disappointed. It was very rushed to me and they just keep adding to the story, thought the first one didn't have much of a story. It was a simple small story, but now Scott has pushed it. NOW THERES GONNA BE A 4TH???? Dear god...they should've stopped at 2....AND THEN THERES GONNA BE A MOVIE?????? Ugh, though I might see the movie just to see what its like, but still. The whole fanbase is overrated.

Well I love the games (I'm quite the FNAF-atic cx)

But...4 games, a million spin offs and rumours of a movie and the first game isn't even a year old....either Scott did something horribly wrong or unbelievably right XD

FNAF 1 was different, simple and very effective at being scary. I was constantly tense and riddling with anticipation during my first playthrough of the game, and the characters were generally terrifying. I sure as hell didn't want them coming anywhere near me. The audio plays a great role in the whole experience, too.

FNAF 2 was.... Just the same as the first one. Which doesn't surprise me considering it came out months after the first one. More characters, no doors... And one new game mechanic which is just to hold a music box button down every so often. The animatronics don't have as much impact and it was just really disappointing.

FNAF 3 was the same. goddamn. game. only less characters, and you get to seal vents... Yaaaaay. 

FNAF 4 was- DEAR GOD SCOTT PLEASE STOP.

Does this even need to be a question?? There's no doubt that the games are overrated. You could consider the game horror, but I find that it is the loosest definition. All three games have one thing in common - they all use jumpscares as a scare tactic.

A jumpscare is a primal response; you don't have a choice but to react. To me, it is a lazy way to scare people.

The atmosphere, at least in the first game, is pretty dark, but there's not really much to it. You get used to conserving power to the point that you forget about the atmosphere and just focus on saving energy.

I will, however, concede that some of the theories that people come up with are quite interesting.

• Brohoof 2

Very much. To me, the game is just a lame indie game that just got popular because some famous youtubers played it. You do the same thing over and over and it's not fun in the slightest

No, I think it's great and deserves all the credit it gets. It's got really good lore behind it.

Yeah, it's popular but so what? I'm more annoyed by all the people hating on it than the fans of it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see the popularity in the game either.

My inner brony was telling me to play the game before actually judging it, and I did. It's not a bad game, but it's definitely not scary. Maybe it's because I'm not scared easily, I have no clue. The story is interesting, I guess. I personally find the game boring, and the jump scares fail miserably at scaring me. I still don't see the appeal of the game.

Yes, it is overrated, extremely overrated. People at school won't shut up about this game, and it's making me hate the game and fan base more than I used to. I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but the hype for FNAF just gets really annoying for me. I don't even remember bronies being this annoying 4 years ago.

There's a girl at my school who wears an FNAF jacket everyday, listens to FNAF music 24/7, talks about FNAF pretty much all day, and makes FNAF drawing and sculptures. As cool as that may sound, it's annoying to see the game everywhere I turn.

Again, not trying to offend anyone, this is just my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I have never understood the craze. I get that people like it and all but seriously? we've had 4 games in what,  a year? and all of those fan songs and videos...just, eh. It's too much for such an average game.  >_>

• 2 weeks later...

The first time you play the game is pretty awesome however once you've played it a couple of time it gets old really fast. I can't stand the game now just how I can't stand COD and how overrated it has become. 

Yes, there is not much special about Five Nights at Felix, one guy made the game? That's nothing new.

The game suffers the same fate as other horror games, there is not much to come back to after you've finished the game.

I think it's a cool game, and well-made, but I firmly believe there are many better games out there. It has a great lore (or lack of one, I guess) but again, there are better games in my opinion.

(edited)

Yes, very overrated. The series should have stopped at #2. They just keep milking it. Now a fourth game and a movie? I mean, come on. I'm getting pretty damn tired of all these shitty fanfictions, theories, parodies, fanarts, etc. It wasn't even great to begin with. You just sit in a chair and close doors to prevent the haunted animatronics from popping up and making a weird screeching noise. But apparently it's " the scariest game in years" Like is it really that scary? I think not. It's just an overrated money cow. Case closed.

Edited by The Peculiar Derp