Amy Keating Rogers leaves My Little Pony. Becomes full time writer for Disney.

The Coffee Pony

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/04/amy-keating-rogers-becomes-full-time.html

Alright, so yesterday I got news that Amy Keating Rogers, the writer that gave us episodes like Bridle Gossip, Fall Weather Friends, Cutie Pox, The Best Night Ever, A Friend in Deed, MMMystery on the Friendship Express, Pinkie's Pride and so on announced over twitter that Season 5 is going to be her last season on the show. The reason for this is that she's become a full-time writer for Disney and I have to say, I am sad to see her go. But, hey, that's how things go, writers for shows come and go to expand on their careers. Amy Keating Rogers, congratulations on the new job, I wish you the best of luck! Thank you for all the episodes you've written, the pony fandom will miss you.

• Brohoof 12

Oh, so it happened after all...

I can't express how I feel. I feel pissed because she was an amazing writter on MLP, but I also feel happy for her working on Disney. I just hope that her talent shines on future Disney productions.

• Brohoof 4

It's sad news, since she is one of my favorite writers. Pinkie Pride and Testing Testing 1, 2, 3 are one of my all time favorites and the best episodes of Season 4.

But i give her my blessings. Working for Disney is something i always dreamed of as a kid and i wouldn't let that opportunity slide through my fingers. Hopefully her last episodes in Season 5 will be great, so she can go out with a bang.

Good bye Amy.

• Brohoof 5

Pinkie Pride is my favorite episode of the entire show so it's a bit of a shame to see her go. Nevertheless, I hope she has the best of luck at Disney.

• Brohoof 3

Sucks to see her go as she's written some of the show's best episodes, but I'm happy to see rise up in the ranks

• Brohoof 2

AKR is arguably my favorite writer on the show, so I'm very sad to see her go. However, congrats on getting to write for Disney. I'm sure she'll do great there. She has most certainly earned it :)

• Brohoof 3

I wish the best for Amy Keating Rogers, she also wrote episodes for PAW Patrol, Pups save the Parade, Pups save the Corn Roast and Pups save the Deer, so she can do well for Disney I hope, yet I hope Amy does come back for My Little Pony, for Disney does what Disney wants, it's inflexibility or trend following can be annoying, perhaps Amy Keating Rogers can give Disney the energy it needs, regardless of MLP or PAW Patrol, Amy Keating Rogers has given us so much, and I thank her for it.

• Brohoof 1

Fandom, your series is going to be AMY-LESS!!!

Because youll never get past this until you..... aww come on.... someone had to say it

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 5

Aw man, I really am going to miss her. She has written some of my all-time favourite episodes, such as The Best Night Ever and Testing Testing 1, 2, 3.

However, I feel more happy for her becoming a full-time writer for Disney. It takes a really good writer to get into something as famous as Disney, which shows to prove that Amy has the capability to do so. Sure her time on MLP:FiM was great too, but right now I cannot wait what she has in mind during her new career.

I wish the best of luck for Amy! :yay:

• Brohoof 3

Look at this way: maybe now the Disney group can have desperately needed better writing. Celestia knows they need all the help they can get.

If you ask me Disney should stick to what they do best: animated movies. As far as I believe, Disney Channel is over run by tween shows, and those shows are just "Meh" to be at most. But I digress.

If Amy Keating Rogers joins the section of Disney writers that work on animated movies and shows, then, as far as I'm concerned, she will just be another great writer in a sea of great writers among Disney. Take that however you want, but I hope you take it positively.

BUT! Disney is still an amazing creator of content, so as a Disney fan, when the time comes for her to leave the show, I wait with bated breath to see what she can do as a part of The Walt Disney Company.

• Brohoof 1

She's done some great episodes. But we still have some talented people. New talented people will come in as well. If this show is a long runner (talking 10+ seasons) we should expect more people we know and love to leave. That's just the reality of business.

Best of luck Amy.

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not too disappointed because she isn't really one of my fav writers, but it's always sad to see someone important leaving the staff.

Do we know if she wrote some episodes in season 5?

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not too disappointed because she isn't really one of my fav writers, but it's always sad to see someone important leaving the staff.

Do we know if she wrote some episodes in season 5?

Yup she did and these are her last episodes.
  • Brohoof 2

I'm happy for her, and I'm also happy to see that everyone else seems to feel this way too. It's wonderful to see everyone supporting Amy, sad to see her go but happy that she's going to be doing more writing somewhere else.

Proud of you, fandom. Proud of you  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 4

That's unfortunate. She was responsible for some of the best episodes of the show, including one of my personal faves, Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3. Definitely Disney's gain. Hope to see her work in other shows.

• Brohoof 2