Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on people who proudly label themselves as cynical?

AEDAZ

Labelling one's self as cynical seems a little sad. People get cynical and that's not uncommon. Hopefully no one takes any real pride in it,  but if they do they must enjoy being miserable. I can't really see the benefits of being miserable and trumpeting the fact to the world unless they just need a hug or something, in which case, just have a hug. It's easier and much more pleasant than grumbling. 

2 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Labelling one's self as cynical seems a little sad. People get cynical and that's not uncommon. Hopefully no one takes any real pride in it,  but if they do they must enjoy being miserable. I can't really see the benefits of being miserable and trumpeting the fact to the world unless they just need a hug or something, in which case, just have a hug. It's easier and much more pleasant than grumbling. 

That's so true, Dreamy. :rarity::ithastolookpretty:

1430025 - safe, screencap, rarity, sweetie belle, zippoorwhill, pony,  unicorn, forever filly, animated, female, gif, hape, hug - Derpibooru

That's me! I consider myself a cynical person. Let's be real here, I don't think anyone actively aims or wants to be cynical. Negative things just happen in people's lives and that often is what causes it. There is a big difference between people who are cynical and people who are just being assholes for the sake of it. I think a lot of people here are mixing up those two.