Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could ponies play human sports well?

Bendy

(edited)

Could ponies play human sports well? Or is their body type and shape give them a disadvantage over a human;s body?  Let's say football or basketball or some other sport made by a human.

For example, do you think a pony team would struggle to beat a human team in basketball? Note ponies are not allowed to use magic nor fly during the game.

Would it be very hard for a ponies to play soccer? Can you give some other examples of human sports which a pony would find difficult to play?

Edited by Bendy

(edited)

they have better stability at high speed but probably can't kick well as their knees and torsos work differently to those of a human. I'm pretty sure though we'll run into the "Applejack" problem where the other pony types will subtly use their wings or magic to win :P

Edited by Malinter

problem where the other pony types will subtly use their wings or magic to win :P

The human team would win every time since they cheated. XD

Only Earth Ponies could play against humans just to be fair.

Soccer(Football) would probably be the most suitable sport for them since its all in the legs. That would be cool to see an episode centered around that sport. Most sports that involve running and holding something at the same time would probably prove more problematic except for unicorns/alicorns. Magic Basketball! Tennis is another one that could work pretty well. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Soccer(Football) would probably be the most suitable sport for them since its all in the legs. That would be cool to see an episode centered around that sport. Most sports that involve running and holding something at the same time would probably prove more problematic except for unicorns/alicorns. Magic Basketball! Tennis is another one that could work pretty well. 

What about ponies vs humans in a sport game?

Or what about a team of mix of both humans and ponies vs another of team humans and ponies?

Edited by Bendy

I imagine basketball or American football would be a challenge, but if the characters in this show are capable of writing by holding the pencil in their mouth, than who knows what they're capable of. XD

What about ponies vs humans in a sport game?

Or what about a team of mix of both humans and ponies vs another of team humans and ponies?

I would like to say ponies from a pure athletic standpoint if we talking about the show's ponies of course. From the looks of Rainbow Dash, Applejack or even Pinkie Pie, I am unsure if humans would have the dexterity to match. I suppose that depends on the sport in question.

• Brohoof 1

Soccer, Hockey and maybe Baseball as long as they hold a mitt in their mouth and catch it.

Earth ponies might be good at those though due to their unusual level of dexterity and coordination.

Big Mac would dominate the football (American) field! He'd be unstoppable!

In what position?

Split teams of humans and ponies would be incredible, with some on each side. This would make games like rugby very interesting.

Simply because it needs to be said - Pegasus Quidditch.

No. They don't have hands, and they're not smart enough.

I bet plenty of ponies are more intelligent than many human athletes nowadays. x3  And who the hell needs hands?

Rainbow ripped apart a wooden beam with just her teeth; holding and swinging a hockey stick, tennis racket, or baseball bat ought to be a breeze.

post-26550-0-21785900-1433302146_thumb.png

Ponies have a significant strength advantage over humans.  There are numerous examples throughout the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppgZzH2W5TI

Soccer?  Easy peasy.  Especially when you consider that ponies can legally touch the soccer ball with all four limbs (and their head).

post-26550-0-06109500-1433302313_thumb.png

I'd also like to point out that ponies are much more physically durable than humans and recover more quickly from injury.  Human athletes get injured rather easily, by comparison; some injuries end careers.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure how basketball or baseball would work. Would ponies have to stand on their hind legs?

Apparently, pony basketball already exists in the canon of the show. :P

tm2xlos.jpg