Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are there alternate universes where everyday people are famous?

ScarfaceOne

I can accept that there are other intelligent lifeforms out there most likely (not specifically aliens) but alternate universes.....meh the stuff of science fiction to be honest ^_^ Alternate realities imply that the same people exist but simply have different roles, or their world is completely different. So saying this would mean there are clones of us out there which to me is just not possible ^_^

It would be really cool if a universe did exist where I successfully became an actress, but this is one of those "in another life" type things. It doesn't exist but we would like to believe it does :)

• Brohoof 1

UNOBTANIUM IS A FICTIONAL METAL! THERE IS NO PROOF OF IT'S EXISTENCE! You are trying to prove your argument with your argument. 

Oh, I get it, yes, you make sense, I didn't get it at first. It's a theory, there's always no proof.

• Brohoof 1

It's said that nor matter nor energy can be destroyed nor created. It's transformed. Mass can become energy and energy can become mass. Thats the relationship in Einsteins theory.

I was about to post a similar reply, but you beat me to it.

And yes, scientists make matter/antimatter from energy all the time. They have even been able to make a few picograms of antimatter and hold it in a special containment vessel that uses electric fields in a vacuum to prevent it from coming in contact with the sides of the container. (Currently, there is no way to make matter without also making antimatter, you get one electron and one positron at the same time)

Since we don't know much about this subject let's just ask Dr. Who.

Really, in space, anything can happen.

There could be a universe ruled by fish that have human legs, bird wings, and horns. Not.. Saying that wouldn't be super creepy but you never know.

• 2 weeks later...

All Matter exists, regardless.

fictional ones doesn't

unless you find a way to discover or create one like tony stark did in iron man 2

on topic though i dont think parallel universe exist as pink mist said. theres a higher chance of aliens contacting us than me having a rockstar suave playboy counterpart on a another universe

would be cool though to visit middle earth,narnia or equestria if we do have alternate universe

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Multiverse-theory states that our Universe is just one of a wide ultracosm of possible Universes in which fundamental variables make different worlds. The sequence of universes generated thereby are randomly ordered and have infinitesimal probability of supporting complex life of any kind.

Generation of a Universe only about the size of our Solar System, or Universes in which a single self-aware consciousness pops into existence, observes itself and then vanishes again are far more likely than any Universe resembling our own.

If variations are infinite, then yes it is possible that there is another Universe which is a coincidental simulacrum of our own realm of existence plus details which resemble our imagined desires (trans-dimensional travel, extant living ponies, extant living ogres, etc.). But the chances of such a Universe existing are so infinitesimal that hoping for them cannot be reasonably faced. Imagine the probabilities were represented by physical space: If you had a dartboard fifty trillion lightyears wide (1000x larger than our Universe), the variables volume you would be aiming for would be smaller than a single proton.

We (apparently) just so happen to have hit this proton. But to ask for another Universe even extremely similar to our own, would be asking for another dart and board. All the non-bullseye space of that dartboard would be universes which had basic constants (gravitational constant, strong/weak nuclear force fundamentals) too unstable to remain in existence for longer than a few milliseconds. They would have their Big Bang, and then immediately afterwards have a Big Crunch or Heat Death.

The unparsimonious extravagance of such an enormous postulate to explain the existence of our Universe is why M-theory is (pardon the pun) almost universally rejected by physicists. It's far simpler, easier and faster to work-with to assume that this Universe is the only one. It's also much more wieldly in explaining why ours is so big and so old.

Edited by Blue

fictional ones doesn't

unless you find a way to discover or create one like tony stark did in iron man 2

on topic though i dont think parallel universe exist as pink mist said. theres a higher chance of aliens contacting us than me having a rockstar suave playboy counterpart on a another universe

would be cool though to visit middle earth,narnia or equestria if we do have alternate universe

You may think that, but Lavoisier's Law is that ''Matter cannot be created or destroyed''. I think this also applies to fiction, once you pen down Unobtanium, that's it, you've just created fictional matter, to be honest, I have a new twist on my theory that Digital media such as DVDs and Video Games are actually recordings of the universes and they live in your system like wreck it ralph. But take Lavoisier's Law and Penning down matter types. And you have just created a fictional universe.

...Well.... why not?
I mean, there's millions of galaxies out there and we don't really know what's out there. We may never know.
So what's to say there's also not millions and millions of dimensions out there too? It would be weird to think that we're on this one straight line where we only choose one option- after all, there's so many choices and possibilities in life. What if you had chosen one over the other? Where would you be?
There's no harm in thinking either way, really.

You may think that, but Lavoisier's Law is that ''Matter cannot be created or destroyed''. I think this also applies to fiction, once you pen down Unobtanium, that's it, you've just created fictional matter

What we're trying to say is that you can't use a fictional metal to prove your theory that matter can be created to prove your theory that other universes exist in which unobtanium was created, proving your theory. You are using your theory to prove your theory. 

You may think that, but Lavoisier's Law is that ''Matter cannot be created or destroyed''. I think this also applies to fiction, once you pen down Unobtanium, that's it, you've just created fictional matter, to be honest, I have a new twist on my theory that Digital media such as DVDs and Video Games are actually recordings of the universes and they live in your system like wreck it ralph. But take Lavoisier's Law and Penning down matter types. And you have just created a fictional universe.

What kind of drugs are you on? Fictional things doesn't exist, otherwise they wouldn't be fictional.

Also I want proof for your theory. But I'm starting to think that such a thing doesn't exist.

What we're trying to say is that you can't use a fictional metal to prove your theory that matter can be created to prove your theory that other universes exist in which unobtanium was created, proving your theory. You are using your theory to prove your theory. 

I have no idea what you just said, I think it's only at least Plausible. It might not be possible, because I think, what if the other universes didn't follow the law, but I think the law is so basic that it does apply. And remember what I said about DVDs being to record universes in data.

(edited)
And remember what I said about DVDs being to record universes in data.

Another point of my argument, sorry you didn't understand it, I'll try to say it better.

You're using unobtanium, a metal that is not proven to exist outside of the film Avatar to prove your theory that matter can indeed be created, even though the film Avatar is fictional. You're saying that fiction exists, but there is no proof of this, so your theory is pure speculation with nothing supporting it.

As for the DVD part, you're using that theory to attempt to prove that these alternate universes are real. You are using a theory with no facts to support it to support another theory.

Edited by Jellal Fernandes

Another point of my argument, sorry you didn't understand it, I'll try to say it better.

You're using unobtanium, a metal that is not proven to exist outside of the film Avatar to prove your theory that matter can indeed be created, even though the film Avatar is fictional. You're saying that fiction exists, but there is no proof of this, so your theory is pure speculation with nothing supporting it.

As for the DVD part, you're using that theory to attempt to prove that these alternate universes are real. You are using a theory with no facts to support it to support another theory.

Ah, I think I know what you mean now, No Proof, WELL OF COURSE THERE IS NO PROOF!!! It's Just a theory, A GAME/FILM/DVD THEORY. The Law might not apply to every universe. But when I find coincidences in life. I will give them to you as proof, as I saw a ufo above me and I Think it came from Ace Combat and I heard a kid say ''Pegasus with rainbow hair'' in january last year on the radio even though Bronies were not that popular then in the UK. Don't forget static before the Royal Wedding on the thursday. It's Celestia saying ''Help changeling invasion'' and my dreams. The coincidences are sort of proof that the fictional universes trie to contact me.

@@ScarfaceOne,

A scientific theory still needs some basis besides coincidences, I mean, I think I hear people call my name all the time, but no one else hears it, I've seen a UFO (I thought I was crazy at first, and I may be, but someone else yelled "Did you see that?" pointing to where it was,) and all that stuff, but people hear and see things that aren't there all the time. Perhaps it is something similar to how you're describing, but I'd like to advocate that these things are just us hearing/seeing things. I believe in aliens, because it seems so likely, I mean, there's proof of hundreds of millions of other planets, but there is no proof of alternate universes (obviously, otherwise we wouldn't be arguing), and nothing suggesting of them besides books, movies, games, etc. that people have made. Look, I respect that you believe this, but I can't agree with you until you give me more evidence than just your experiences. I mean, I believe in God, but there are so many people that report his existence through spiritual journeys, and books dating back thousands of years, but the multiverse theory is still relatively new, with little basis. I would love to believe it, though.

I doubt that there will ever be a way to really research other universes, I feel like, if it were possible, physically possible, some universe would have made contact with us already, unfortunately.

I agree. If this was true, there would have to be some universe where they found all scientific info. They would've found a way to connect universes together. Then again, there could be some zombie or Lovecraftian universe, so maybe they figured it would be best to keep them separate. You know how in the time travel movies and stuff, they can't interfere with anything, because they would be in danger of messing with reality? It could be something like that with interuniversal travel.

• Brohoof 1

@@ScarfaceOne,

A scientific theory still needs some basis besides coincidences, I mean, I think I hear people call my name all the time, but no one else hears it, I've seen a UFO (I thought I was crazy at first, and I may be, but someone else yelled "Did you see that?" pointing to where it was,) and all that stuff, but people hear and see things that aren't there all the time. Perhaps it is something similar to how you're describing, but I'd like to advocate that these things are just us hearing/seeing things. I believe in aliens, because it seems so likely, I mean, there's proof of hundreds of millions of other planets, but there is no proof of alternate universes (obviously, otherwise we wouldn't be arguing), and nothing suggesting of them besides books, movies, games, etc. that people have made. Look, I respect that you believe this, but I can't agree with you until you give me more evidence than just your experiences. I mean, I believe in God, but there are so many people that report his existence through spiritual journeys, and books dating back thousands of years, but the multiverse theory is still relatively new, with little basis. I would love to believe it, though.

Do you believe Coincidences like Pegasus with Rainbow Hair kid on uk radio is evidence though?

(edited)

Do you believe Coincidences like Pegasus with Rainbow Hair kid on uk radio is evidence though?

No, I don't, not if you don't have someone else who could attest to it. And even so, it's possible that you both misheard what they said. Happens all the time to me.  :muffins: I would be more inclined to believe you if, say, several people heard the same thing on the radio station.

Edited by Jellal Fernandes

Yeah, this would mean that there is an alternate universe where the anthropomorphic characters from My Little Pony actually exist. If the multiverse theory was true, there would be millions upon millions of alternate universes where the characters from My Little Pony exist, including their infamous depictions from every fan fiction every written. Every fictional story that has ever been thought of would be true in the billions upon billions of supposed alternate universes out there. Every possible alternate time frame, every possible alternate series of events would take place in these alternate universes. There would be an uncountable number of universes in which the laws of physics behave differently. So every single possible thing you can or cannot think of would be real, would exist, and would be true in many of these universes. The possibilities would truly be endless.

But one problem. This would imply that there must be at least one (hell, there could be millions like this) universe where humans do have the technology to travel to different universes! We would have known this by now. Statistically speaking, if a multiverse exists, and the possibilities are limitless, there must be universes where humans are technologically capable of making contact with humans from other universes. Or since you mentioned that this would imply that fiction could be real in some of these universes, there would have definitely been at least one universe where humans possess superhuman abilities, perhaps the ability to warp the very fabric of space and time, which could allow them to travel to different universes, including ours. These supernatural beings should have paid us a visit by now. 

This is why we have a reason to doubt the existence of alternate universes.

It's just speculative science fiction in my opinion.

i have a feeling that if they did do this, they would try to keep that form of travel a secret in other dimension who don't have it.