Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What you think of Pegasui and Earth Ponies with Magic?/Problem with others about

Echo Narcissa

Earth and Pegasui Ponies with "extra powers"?  

15 users have voted

1. 1. Do you care whether or not some fans decide to give Earth and Pegasui Ponies "extra powers"

• Yes (Explain why... I guess)
    • No (Explain)
    • Neutral

(edited)

I need everyone to know that this is a blog that is not by me, but by my friend on a Ponysquare website on a rant about trolls, neigh sayers, haters and what not that have attacked her friends, and me and she wanted me to spread it, but since a lot don't see my blog, I thought this could also be qualified as a topic, so not hate, mockery, or insult just tell your constructive opinions and thoughts about it, so there won't be any problems and without further delay, I'll give you the blog/topic and the picture and story to support it. (Hope it don't get taken down) Once again, no hate, no mocks or insults, or attacking me, just spreading this for constructive, non insulting opinions and thoughts.

sig-3842236.sig-3842236.L7LoASg.jpgOkay, so I'm going do a little rant and an observation or what ever you call those videos youtube channels like the Brony Notion do on youtube. This one might be quick and short depending on how much stuff I type in this blog, so I would like to just begin by saying what the hell is the problem with some of these fans and other ponies that are not unicorn or alicorn using magic like really? 

I have been around a lot of MLP:FiM based sites and only this RP site and one wiki that is just lame and unpopular and there, no one would honestly believe how much negativity and stupidness is on some of these sites like people attacking other peoples OC's because of their color coding, mane and tail styles, body shapes of the OC's, and who they know and all kinds of random bull crap that they just go and decided to attack, leave unwanted and unneeded comments on because they feel they have to have something to say and here are the things I hear a lot of that sounds pretty stupid concerning OC's. 

1.) Color Coding: Now this is just what I mean by stupid or unwanted comments and attacks on others OC's. I find it stupid about people saying the crap like, "Oh my god, that color options on your OC is not good, the coloring is horrific, or the coloring for this pony is just terrible." and it only gets just worst from there and from there, I don't understand why people want to harass and piss all over someone else OC and their confidence about them because you don't like the combination of colors chosen for that OC which is stupid because one, too many of the same colors can't be used all the time and it's their personal OC that they've made to their liking and what they feel comfortable with, they don't need to go and say dumb stuff and start one big thing that don't need to be started because they want to be a person without actual sense surviving in their heads and attack others OC's because they choose not to agree with colors like red and black or just all black coloring on a pony. 

2.)None of them really even know what Mary Sue/Gary whatever even is: At first when I started seeing comments like "Your pony is just way too OP" or "You know, this pony OC is just a complete Mar Sue/Gary Stu (whatever), but the more I started to see these stupid terms randomly on different pages, blogs, forums and even art and videos on MLP related stuff in just one big scattered, random-ass mess, I started to think for a fact that everyone one of those people who used that word doesn't even know the real meaning of those two terms, and just decide to throw them around because they try to make pieces fit and their stupid assumptions sound correct when in actuality, they are just stupid and really wrong because one of my friends, Princess Aura, can even tell the the real meaning to those words and I'll explain them the way she did which is right. 

OP (Over powering) :This term used by all the freakin MLP fans mean that they're OC cannot be beaten, they can't be killed, they're deathless, they have beaten anyone and everyone who have faced them and have no visible weaknesses or flaws what so ever. 

^^^ The the above definition being said, there is a difference to someone OC being egotistical and reasonably strong and being annoyingly OP, and that's a concept that just seem to escape most of those idiots who like to use this word. You can have an expert, strong, tough, super talented, powerful OC as long as they have some weakness, some flaws, weak spot or something that can beat them to give the opponent an advantage. 

Prime examples: 
Fairies: Weakness against iron (others weakness unknown to me for now) 
Some vampires: Some vampires are weak against sunlight, silver, holy water at least the pure evil ones. 
Light: Over whelming darkness 
Darkness: Powerful light 

The real definition to Mary Sue: "I'm so perfect, I have no flaws what so ever, I would winn at everything, I'm the most richest, greatest person in the world" Cleo de Nile from Monster High is the best example of this, but I honestly don't see why people continue to bitch and moan about this because do anyone know how many characters there are in actual shows who might be like this or slightly like this? 

Hybrids (Seriously?!) : I do not know if this is just stupid, ridiculous or sad because I still have yet to understand why people find this to be a issue. One dick on this lame and unpopular wiki I mentioned before attacked Echo for one of these reasons because she was a half Water Nymph (Naiad) half pony, and I need someone to explain to me why this shit is an issue because for one thing they have like thousands of hybrid creatures appearing on the show specifically griffons, whatever Discord is, possibly alicorns, Tirek and Iron will, and the sad thing about this is when they see or think of a bat pony which is nothing, but a freaking bat and pony hybrid everyone okay, but when it's a hybrid between something else, or not a normal pony at all they get their pitch forks and torches. I'm done with this one, I'm not even going to waste any time. 

Humans showing Equestria: "Okay, maybe I can understand why people don't like this, but what I can't stand is why people get so damn worked up over this first of all, there used to be a human named Megan in one of the older generations of MLP, and yes the older generations may have sucked balls of who-knows-what, but that is still going to be my argument since some of you choose to act stupid and leave behind crap that no one wants to read or hear, so I'm gonna do the same thing for a minute plus, for a "centaur" and a "Minotaur" like Tirek and Iron Will to exist there had to be some humans around Equestria that used to be there, but not there anymore because from one of the earliest stories of centaurs and Minotaurs, they've involved human beings "hooking up" with them and as a result, the hybrid creatures you see on the show before you were born. 

3.) And now for the last but definitely not least, The deal with People against Earth Ponies and Pegasui pony having magic or power: The last time I checked, the show featured magical, talking, colorful, and might I add, more physically attractive and smarter ponies not magical, talking, colorful, physically attractive and smarter unicorns to just single out the others, so if any of you gone back and read even the MLP wiki said that each and all ponies have a type of magic within them can be brought up to higher potential such as, the Earth Ponies with the earth and their connection with plants, crops, animals and physical strength to master the land, and Pegasui ponies have their one magic to generate lighting through clouds and walk on clouds another thing from what Rainbow Dash did might be able to change the weather depending on their moods like she did when she was laying on the cloud, they also able to make fog, possibly Sonic Rainbooms, and even Aura lights from the sources that I read up on, so many people who use OP, Mary-sue or bad OC just because they give Earth Ponies or Pegasui magic or just elemental magic they can use without being OP or mary-sue are all freaking idiots. What ever happened to just being creative, unique and just bad-ass to add on to make them cooler, but I'm sure "some" of you let those concepts escape you. 

Story that goes with the picture above:

RD

"I am sick and tired of you Wonderbolts rejecting me every time I try to join! I am already the fastest, toughest and most AWESOME Pegasi there is! What else to I need to prove?"

S
"Wonderbolts isn’t just about having smooth moves and performing air shows. We’re part of the Equestrian Air Force, the most Elite fliers AND fighters of the skies. You want to be one of the best you have to PROVE you can beat the best!"

RD
"You… want me to fight you?"

S
"Precisely."

RD
"Fine, if that’s what it takes!"

[she takes off and hovers in the air. Tendrils of energy starts swirling around Rainbow Dash, and the air simmered with power that glows all colors of the color spectrum]

S
"Great light-show, Dashie, how did you learn that?"

RD
"All ponies could do magic. Just because Pegasi and Earth Ponies can’t directly control it from birth like Unicorns doesn’t mean they can’t bring it out without training."

S
"Real nice. I take it your egghead of a friend Twilight helped you figured this out?"

RD
"That’s right, now take this!"

[Rainbow fires, but suddenly a sphere of flames conjures Spitfire and deflects the rainbow-colored blast. Dash look on in awe as the fire sphere dissipates to reveal a smug, and unharmed Wonderbolts captain]

RD
"Wha – how did you -?"

S
"You ain’t the first and only one to figure out how to do magic like that."

[Conjures fireball on her hooves]

S
"And I ain’t called Spitfire just because it sounds cool!"

[Dash shrugs]

RD
"Looks like Twilight was right about not judging books by its cover."

[she puts on a confident pose in the air as her aura of energy pulsates with greater rhythm and life]

RD
"But enough talk, let’s get this over with once and for all! I’m going to get my Wonderbolts membership or go down trying!"

S
"Brave words for a filly."

[spitfire’s back crackled to life as her two feathered wings glowed with intense heat and light, enlarging into two flaming wings]

S
"But you’ll have to get past me first before you put on that costume! And come Tartarus or high water, you’re not getting it without a one hay of a fight!"

[And thus, the greatest aerial clash in the millennia begins…]

Edited by Echo Narcissa

(edited)

I find the idea about pegasi and earth ponies using magic to be rather silly, mostly because it removes the balance between the pegasi, earth ponies and unicorns.  

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 3

Pegasus ponies have magic-its a racial magic. they ALL control the weather and can walk/live on clouds.

That's all the magic they need.

Earth Ponies also have magic, but its not easily seen. They gain strength through contact with the Earth. Plants flourish under their care.

Unicorns are the users of magic.

Yamet is right. There is a balance between the ponies. If it is not broken, don't fix it. If you want an OC with magic, make a unicorn. Otherwise live with the limitations you have. Limitations are just part of telling a good story.

• Brohoof 2

Pegasus ponies have magic-its a racial magic. they ALL control the weather and can walk/live on clouds.

That's all the magic they need.

Earth Ponies also have magic, but its not easily seen. They gain strength through contact with the Earth. Plants flourish under their care.

Unicorns are the users of magic.

Yamet is right. There is a balance between the ponies. If it is not broken, don't fix it. If you want an OC with magic, make a unicorn. Otherwise live with the limitations you have. Limitations are just part of telling a good story.

Okay, since you want to try to be a smart-A by using the term "If it not broke don't fix" (and don't say you weren't trying to, I know what you thinking and meant) I'm just going to be technical, so technically they are not balanced because in technical terms of balance, it means even, so the ponies are not even/balanced cause two of the races can't technically use even/balanced magic, so when you go deep into like some do, they're not really balanced at all and they have limitations as she mentioned before, so there will also be a good story.  -_-

(edited)

Pegasi and earth ponies that can use magic is the worst kind of OCs. If you want a OC that can use magic you make a unicorn. How hard is that to understand?

Edited by Gestum

Pegasi and earth ponies that can use magic is the worst kind of OCs. If you want a OC that can use magic you make a unicorn. How hard is that to understand?

Well, guess what your opinion move along since you didn't read the rules of the post.

since you didn't read the rules of the post.
I did read them. I didn't hate anyone. I didn't mock or insult anyone. And I didn't attack you. So I didn't break any of your rules.

Well it appears all three do have magic. It just comes out in different ways. The Unicorn's horns just channel their natural magic, the pegasi use it to fly and cloud walk, and earth ponies seem to be stronger and better at growing food. I don't see a problem wth pegasi or earth ponies having magic as long as it comes from an outside source and has a very good story behind it.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, since you want to try to be a smart-A by using the term "If it not broke don't fix" (and don't say you weren't trying to, I know what you thinking and meant) I'm just going to be technical, so technically they are not balanced because in technical terms of balance, it means even, so the ponies are not even/balanced cause two of the races can't technically use even/balanced magic, so when you go deep into like some do, they're not really balanced at all and they have limitations as she mentioned before, so there will also be a good story.  -_-

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, do you mean that there exist no balance between the three pony races since pegasi and earth ponies can't teleport or levitate items? Or do you mean that unicorns are much more powerful than the other two races?

(edited)

Well it appears all three do have magic. It just comes out in different ways. The Unicorn's horns just channel their natural magic, the pegasi use it to fly and cloud walk, and earth ponies seem to be stronger and better at growing food. I don't see a problem wth pegasi or earth ponies having magic as long as it comes from an outside source and has a very good story behind it.

Thank you very much for being a much more decent, open-minded, free will thinking creative Brony instead of a closed minded one who choose not to be creative and indecent not that I'm pointing any one out, Gestum

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, do you mean that there exist no balance between the three pony races since pegasi and earth ponies can't teleport or levitate items? Or do you mean that unicorns are much more powerful than the other two races?

Spot on, all of the above what you just said, but this reply wasn't towards you it was aiming towards the other person.

Edited by Echo Narcissa
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you very much for being a much more decent, open-minded, free will thinking creative Brony instead of a closed minded one who choose not to be creative and indecent not that I'm pointing any one out.

Honestly for me I like creative characters as long as you can make them reasonably work. In this case the MLP world is filled with magical objects there could easily be a few that could not only power up unicorn magic, but some that could give Pegasi and earth ponies the ability to wield magic like unicorns. You just have to have the right set up.

Also remember different people are going to have different thoughts on subjects, best you can do is lay out your case and hope they at least consider it.  

• Brohoof 1

Honestly for me I like creative characters as long as you can make them reasonably work. In this case the MLP world is filled with magical objects there could easily be a few that could not only power up unicorn magic, but some that could give Pegasi and earth ponies the ability to wield magic like unicorns. You just have to have the right set up.

Also remember different people are going to have different thoughts on subjects, best you can do is lay out your case and hope they at least consider it.  

Thanks, I really like your advice you gave me and the reasoning you used, but it's still good to find someone who is creative, have an open-mind about Pegasui and Earth Ponies using magic. Do you think you can chat with me in messages about some reasonable work I could use for my OC? Like you said to have the right set up for a back story to why Pegasui and Earth Ponies can wield magic I'll even credit you for it and help out.

Thank you very much for being a much more decent, open-minded, free will thinking creative Brony instead of a closed minded one who choose not to be creative and indecent not that I'm pointing any one out, 

Gestum, Silverhoof and Yamet.

Are we insulting people because of of their opinion now? 

• Brohoof 3

closed minded one who choose not to be creative and indecent not that I'm pointing any one out,  Gestum, Silverhoof and Yamet.

Once again, no hate, no mocks or insults,

Is it just me here that smells a hypocrite? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Are we insulting people because of of their opinion now? 

Oh, no, I'm sorry, only Gestum who started it first. I'll remove your names, but I don't see his post anymore since I ignored him. :)

Edited by Echo Narcissa

(edited)

Oh, no, I'm sorry, only Gestum who started it first. I'll remove your names, but I don't see his post anymore since I ignored him.

What? So I'm a  Close minded brony who choose not to be creative and indecent  since Gestum had an different opinion than you did? That makes no sense at all.

Edited by Yamet

I don't know if my OC sucks now or what.

I mean he's an Earth Pony with ice powers. :/

(Even though YourOCsucks themselves said my OC was good. :P )

What? So I'm a  Close minded brony who choose not to be creative and indecent  since Gestum had an different opinion than you did? That makes no sense at all.

Um, no, I was talking about you, close minded it not an insult, it just means you don't open up your mind enough to things because everyone wants to deem it the same thing as impossible or can't happen or whatever.

You know, I'm sorry to you Yamet and Silverhoof, really. I just get "excited" sometimes I didn't mean any of that, no ill will. :) Only to Gestum because he called my OC the worst OC.

I don't know if my OC sucks now or what.

I mean he's an Earth Pony with ice powers. :/

(Even though YourOCsucks themselves said my OC was good. :P )

Trust me if he did they would of told you. They are not shy about that at all. You're fine. I think he's fine in fact he is a very good example of what I was talking about. You have a good reason for the ice powers and they came from an outside source. 

• Brohoof 2

Trust me if he did they would of told you. They are not shy about that at all. You're fine. I think he's fine in fact he is a very good example of what I was talking about. You have a good reason for the ice powers and they came from an outside source. 

You really think so? :kindness:

I also did my best with his overall backstory. :blush:

• Brohoof 2