Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler The worst episode in my opinon is

ginger468

Oh boy this is gonna be good.  Anyway what is in my opion the worst episode.  In my opion it would have to be Putting your hoof down.  What's wrong with well let's start off with the fact that ponies are being dicks to the Fluttershy ELEMENT OF KINDNESS!  It's like she and the rest of the mane 6 never i don't know SAVE EQUESTRIA FROM ETERNAL DARKNESS!  Also the cherry salesman, at first i had no problem with him until he said and i quote "Ya gotta stop being a pushover" That's it you are my least favorite pony!  And then fluttershy goes out f charater and that's not always bad but she becomes a complete b**ch!  And that scene when she tells her freinds pinkie and rarity that they'r useles.  Fluttershy would never do that.  Iron will was the best part of the episode and Fluttershy was the worst.  HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!  It was something i don't want to see happen fluttershy being a jerk.  There were a small amout of good jokes but overall a terrible episode.  What is in your opion the worst episode?   Tell me down in the comments and also if this episode didn't exsist my least favorite would be spike at your service.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I just watched "Slice of life" and I have to say, it was pretty stupid. Like, I appreciate what they're trying to do, but...the whole episode was just fanservice. I didn't enjoy watching.

But yeah, I didn't like "Putting your hoof down" either.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

The episode I think was the worst was "Bats." (Notable in that it's the only episode I even come to dislike.)

Why? Because I don't like the most compassionate member of the Mane Six undergoing a Cronenberg/Kafka-like forced physical and mental transformation! Seriously, that shit was terrifying!

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 4

I think that Keep Calm & Flutter On was my least favorite episode of the series. Only because Discord was my all time favorite villain of the entire series. His personality was cunning and he was very powerful to boot. His debut episode shows Discord in all his glory and that is how I wished they could have kept Discord. Don't get me wrong I love seeing him in the newer episodes but I wished they could have kept him as a villain to be honest. That's just my preference on this though. 

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say "Equestria Games" Season 4 episode 24.

It was a stupid spike episode, it was too typical for him to be in his own little world and way over himself as well as being too dramatic.

The episode was supposed to be all about the games cause back in Season 3 that was talked about alot and they were getting ready for it and now when the episode came it was a spike episode... we barely saw anything of the games just Spike being an idiot.

• Brohoof 2

The episode that I think was the worst was "Slice of life". Fan service can be fun sometimes but you can't really base a whole episode around it. 

• Brohoof 2

The episode that I think was the worst was "Slice of life". Fan service can be fun sometimes but you can't really base a whole episode around it. 

Getting real nervous about the episode gonna watch it monday.

Getting real nervous about the episode gonna watch it monday.

Deny those panda-phobic neigh-sayers! This episode was kickass!

Go into it as a brony, and you will NOT stop grinning the entire runtime! Well maybe once, but I won't say why hear and it's not a bad thing.

• Brohoof 7

Still Magical Mystery Cure for me, the ending was rushed, there were too many songs, and I'd have preferred that Twilight remained a unicorn...

• Brohoof 2

I have a few that I dislike, but the newest one is Castle Sweet Castle. They LITERALLY took an entire episode to decorate Twilight's house, and all they did was add a centerpiece to the main room. The rest of it was still dark and cold and gloomy. (Although I would love a castle like that) It seems like a big punch in the face, especially since a lot of people didn't like the castle much in the beginning anyway.

Still Magical Mystery Cure for me, the ending was rushed, there were too many songs, and I'd have preferred that Twilight remained a unicorn...

I wanted Twilight to stay a unicorn as well, and the ending did seemed really rushed. The weird alicorn magic spell wasn't explained much. ie. Where the heck did it come from and are there more like it?

Reading about all the episodes you guys dislike I think about most of them thinking "Hey, I actually really liked those in retrospective"

I can't think of an episode I really disliked. That is funny because I almost always consider things I've watched to be more or less decent or nothing special when I think about them even when I really liked them^^

• Brohoof 3

For me, it was "The Cutie Map", mainly because it suffers from the same problem that "Magical Mystery Cure" had. That is, it made how cutie mark work all the more confusing. Okay, so let me see if I got this right. Your cutie mark determines your special talent, not your special talent determines your cutie mark. Not only that, but all of the Mane Six are all portrayed as morons. Not one of them even make an attempt to take the Staff of Sameness, despite being told beforehand what it's capable of. And then when they're captured, they send Fluttershy, of all ponies, to serve as a double agent. Did they suddenly forget that this pony is a pansy who's afraid of her own shadow?! Terrible episode!

(edited)

For me, it was "The Cutie Map", mainly because it suffers from the same problem that "Magical Mystery Cure" had. That is, it made how cutie mark work all the more confusing. Okay, so let me see if I got this right. Your cutie mark determines your special talent, not your special talent determines your cutie mark. Not only that, but all of the Mane Six are all portrayed as morons. Not one of them even make an attempt to take the Staff of Sameness, despite being told beforehand what it's capable of. And then when they're captured, they send Fluttershy, of all ponies, to serve as a double agent. Did they suddenly forget that this pony is a pansy who's afraid of her own shadow?! Terrible episode!

Actually, it IS the other way around... Your special talent determines your cutie mark... I liked the episode^^ Also, Flutters was the most convincing one to have changed and adopted their beliefs I think... It is more believable for her to change than for example Dashie...

Edited by Velcorn
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh boy this is gonna be good.  Anyway what is in my opion the worst episode.  In my opion it would have to be Putting your hoof down.  What's wrong with well let's start off with the fact that ponies are being dicks to the Fluttershy ELEMENT OF KINDNESS!  It's like she and the rest of the mane 6 never i don't know SAVE EQUESTRIA FROM ETERNAL DARKNESS!  Also the cherry salesman, at first i had no problem with him until he said and i quote "Ya gotta stop being a pushover" That's it you are my least favorite pony!  And then fluttershy goes out f charater and that's not always bad but she becomes a complete b**ch!  And that scene when she tells her freinds pinkie and rarity that they'r useles.  Fluttershy would never do that.  Iron will was the best part of the episode and Fluttershy was the worst.  HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!  It was something i don't want to see happen fluttershy being a jerk.  There were a small amout of good jokes but overall a terrible episode.  What is in your opion the worst episode?   Tell me down in the comments and also if this episode didn't exsist my least favorite would be spike at your service.

At the risk of straying off topic, I think you misunderstood the episode.  Through most of it, Fluttershy struggles with the issue of assertiveness in ways similar to many people in real life.  Her first attempts at being assertive are clumsy.  Then, she looks to the less -than -truthful guidance of Iron Will.  Her behavior becomes rude and aggressive because she does not yet understand how to express her desire to be respected.  After realizing her mistake, she condemns herself as a monster and tries to isolate herself from others.

At the end, she faces Iron Will with neither fear nor aggression, but with earnestness, honesty, and, above all, confidence.  She finally learns how to stand her ground in a way that commands genuine respect.

As difficult and uncomfortable as it is to watch, Putting Your Hoof Down is no less than 20 minutes of profound truth.  It may not be the best episode to some, but it's one of the most admirable.  It will always have my respect.

What do you think? :)

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 5

I just watched "Slice of life" and I have to say, it was pretty stupid. Like, I appreciate what they're trying to do, but...the whole episode was just fanservice. I didn't enjoy watching.

But yeah, I didn't like "Putting your hoof down" either.

I enjoyed it because of the fanservice, but I do agree that for some it may have gone slightly overboard ^_^ This is one of those episodes that I enjoyed the first time because I was in complete and utter shock, and then if I try to rewatch it I'll see how silly and overpacked it actually is and not enjoy it as much :P

• Brohoof 1

At first I thought the topic was "Worst episode in my onion". I was like what? But that's what 2:45am eyes do to you. 

I was pretty disappointed with the season 5 starting episodes with the whole "equality" thing. Although the story was interesting. It was told and portrayed very poorly and boring.

• Brohoof 1

Episodes I hate: Owls Well that Ends Well, Putting your Hoof Down, and Sonic Rainboom.

Owls Well that Ends Well: If you asked me to find something good about this episode, I would have a hard time. I hated that episode. For the other two episodes, there where things I liked about it. For this one, it was awful. The owl jokes, the Mane Six being obsessed with Twilight's pet, Spike's jealousy, everything in that episode was terrible. Maybe the scene where the Mane Six and CMC had a picnic was the best part, but it wasn't really that great, either. The best part wasn't great, and the worst part was completely awful. So, I award this episode the title of "Worst Episode of the Series." 

Putting Your Hoof Down: I don't care what Rarity and Pinkie Pie said, Fluttershy is responsible for what she did, especially when she insulted what Rarity and Pinkie love Iron Will wasn't exactly great, but I don't think he ever advised Fluttershy to insult her friends when they try to help. Some of the things she did were reasonable, but what she did to her friends was uncalled for. Then Rarity and Pinkie Pie didn't help. I'm sure they aren't THAT stupid where they think flirting or messing with someone's mind is being assertive. Actually, Rarity is probably the second least assertive after Fluttershy (in fact, as of now, Fluttershy is more assertive than Rarity.) She tries to stay on everyone's good side and will even lie to do so. Pinkie Pie is more assertive, but her advice didn't help either. Rarity and Pinkie are ponies who want others to be happy, not ponies who should offer advice for being assertive. 

Sonic Rainboom: I know this is an episode most fans love, but I hate it. It starts out good, then when we get to Cloudsdale, it becomes horrible. Why is it horrible? Rarity. This is the episode that made me hate her for some time.... right after I started liking her!... Rarity's first real episode, so people were just now warming up to her. All that respect a lot of bronies had for her were gone. She was out of character, but we didn't know about her character enough to know it, yet. Fluttershy, the brief moment Rarity was generous, and the Sonic Rainboom where the only good parts. Other than that, it sucked. Rarity especially sucked. She learned her lesson, but it wasn't even a Rarity episode. Rarity just served as an antagonist. Rainbow should have learned a lesson and still succeeded at the Sonic Rainboom. (Rainbow can learn a lesson without being an antagonist, and Rarity being an antagonist was just wrong. They could have chose other ponies, not a pony who already was the least liked at the time.) 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I have a few that I dislike, but the newest one is Castle Sweet Castle. They LITERALLY took an entire episode to decorate Twilight's house, and all they did was add a centerpiece to the main room. The rest of it was still dark and cold and gloomy. (Although I would love a castle like that) It seems like a big punch in the face, especially since a lot of people didn't like the castle much in the beginning anyway.

They actually mentioned doing some decorating in other rooms. Rarity touched up the dining room, Applejack added some rustic farm decor in the kitchen, Rainbow Dash put up some Daring Do posters in the library, and Fluttershy gave Twilight some stuff animals for her bedroom.

And apparently confetti explosions can go off randomly.

Edited by Marimo