The Quotable Quotes Thread

Prince Golden Lotus

So I searched.  And searched.  And searched a bit more.  And I didn't see any thread specifically dedicated to posting quotes.  So here is one right here!

So...yeah.  Just post any quotes here that you like, and want the world (or the whole forum) to read. Also, if someone DOES somehow find a thread just like this, no need to cause a hassle, just tell the mods to move this and whatnot.

I'll start with a fairly amazing saying.

"There’s a code, a system of laws and functions hard wired into all of us. We spend our lives trying to find what lies within this code of our very being, trying to define ourselves, but there’s always something left to find. There are mysteries inside our own minds. There are secrets we have yet to uncover. Ghosts in the code of our souls."  --Aviators

Sound Of                                             sig-4657732.sig-4657732.sig-4657732.sig-

The

Aviators

Check him out!

"No-one is a failure who keeps trying" One of my favorite quotes.

"In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king" - not sure where it is originally from, I think it has some roots from a long time ago 

*Insert deep, intelligent and witty signature here*

Ja7HCEX.png?1

John Bernard Books (John Wayne) - " I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

rtjrtjrtjrtjrtjrtjrtj.png

"If at first you do not succeed, please, tell me what it is like" -Braum

Might need a citation there.

Citation for what? Where it's from, or the validity of the claim the quote makes? Both are inappropriate, as it's just meant to be an inspirational quote; and the message is clear: never give up.

- "Believe it or not, I have about the same success rate as anyone else. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss."

(lol this was Seth Mcfarlane)

• Brohoof 1

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." 

- Homer Simpson

"That's opinion, not news!" 

- Angry Dad(AKA Homer Simpson again)

• Brohoof 2

"The opposite of pro is con,

the fact is clearly seen,

if 'progress' means 'move forward',

then what does 'congress' mean?"
- Nipsey Russell

• Brohoof 1

˙ʎpoqʎuɐ ƃuᴉlooɟ ʇou ǝɹ,noʎ 'sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

"Many that live deserve death.  And some that die deserve life.  Can you give it to them?  Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment.  For even the very wise cannot see all ends." - Gandalf the Grey / Gandalf Greyhame / Mithrandir (and so on) as quoted from The Lord of the Rings (The Fellowship of the Ring, the first volume of the written trilogy)

zbVhNRD.gif
"It uses the faculty of what you call imagination. But that does not mean making things up. It is a form of seeing." - from "The Amber Spyglass"

"Redeem me into childhood, so me myself without a shell." -Toumas Holopainen

It is lyrics in a song but that particular line is quite quotable I think. It is one of my favorite lines in anything because it matches me perfectly.

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

"If at first you do not succeed, please, tell me what it is like" -Braum

Citation for what? Where it's from, or the validity of the claim the quote makes? Both are inappropriate, as it's just meant to be an inspirational quote; and the message is clear: never give up.

Does the quote have a source?

The only victim in graffiti is the architect. Graffiti is not a crime.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Seriously, how does Abraham Lincoln know about the Internet?  How was there possibly Internet back in the mid-1800s?...

Sound Of                                             sig-4657732.sig-4657732.sig-4657732.sig-

The

Aviators

Check him out!

I think you may have missed the point slightly there!

Oh, I sure as hell see the point...but how was it created?  Is it a fake quote or something?  Honestly, it does sound quite a bit cheesy...

The

Aviators

Check him out!

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Psst...Psst (Do your best, even if you don't stand out.)"

"The golden rule is: Think about what you're saying, then don't say it, and then just run away somewhere!"

img-30925-1-img-30925-1-post-8308-0-40154900-1434305791.png

Signature by @Kyoshi