Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

College Humor - My Little Brony

Itchy Hooves

I saw it a while ago and I thought it was quite funny actually. A little bit offending, but funny. For example, I laughed hard at "Put me anywhere just not next to the fleshlight"

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

At first, the video pissed me off because I hate how bronies get stereotyped like that, considering most bronies are certainly not like that...

However, I find it hilarious now. My friend and I are always laughing at the part where he sings "my little pony! my little pony!"

Also I love the "Killllllllllllll meeeeeeee" part. It's too funny XD

• Brohoof 1

Okay, gonna be honest... This kind of attitude is one of the very things that I think makes us such a big target for ridicule. I mean for once, it was a joke, nothing serious. And secondly, College Humor linked with FOX news? Really? I highly doubt that. I mean I can understand being offended by a joke. But as was said many times before... Even a joke that offends should be taken with a grain of salt and such offense should be dealt with in a mature and reasonable manner.

To say that any of this was influenced by FOX news is... Really kind of a paranoid attitude. College Humor deals in humor. Joking and poking fun at everybody and everything. FOX deals in biased opinions that they call news and take the shit they spout seriously. Though I'd still say their 'reports' are a joke to anyone with half a brain.

Anyone spouting any hatred after watching that video probably hated us to begin with anyway. Not because they saw a silly animation on the internet, but because of their own ignorance to the fact that the average Brony is just like anybody else. Like Ezynell said, nobody takes College Humor seriously. They're comedians. And they make fun of everyone. Taking it seriously just shows how easily offended you are. And these reactions are what builds the hate. Not the jokes. If we could all just shrug it off or if we're offended, expressing it calmly and maturely without getting ragey and paranoid that it's some conspiracy against us, I guarantee we'd not come out looking near as bad.

Hell, something as big as College Humor probably has a lot of people involved. And who can say that a few of them aren't Bronies themselves? I crack Brony jokes myself, from time to time. And that's just what they are. Jokes. It's not some big conspiracy to make us look bad. It's poking some fun. And the people who do take it seriously, whether Brony or Anti-Brony, have completely missed the point.

tl;dr - By all means, if a joke offends you, be offended. But don't get ragey and paranoid about it. You just end up making yourself look just as bad if not worse than the stereotypes and give the real haters a reason to hate.

Hehe yeah, I sorta just snapped. It's an issue of mine x_x

I've been discussing this a bit on tumblr.

Although it does perpetuate negative stereotypes I still find it hilarious!

We all need to laugh at ourselves every once in a while.

Sad that those Bronies do exist. I mean anypony who actually bought one of those Pony Fleshlights is probably not too far off from what the video describes! :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I saw it a while ago and I thought it was quite funny actually. A little bit offending, but funny. For example, I laughed hard at "Put me anywhere just not next to the fleshlight"

Probably my favorite part. XD

I've been discussing this a bit on tumblr.

Although it does perpetuate negative stereotypes I still find it hilarious!

We all need to laugh at ourselves every once in a while.

Sad that those Bronies do exist. I mean anypony who actually bought one of those Pony Fleshlights is probably not too far off from what the video describes! :P

Pretty much. Every fandom has a few of those types. XD

Part of why I just prefer to laugh at it. MLP isn't the first of my fandoms to get fun poked at it. And it certainly won't be the last. :lol:

Edited by Itchy Hooves

Though I found the video a bit funny, it was pretty insulting. I find most of their videos funny, but I unsubscribed after watching that one. Normally, something like that wouldn't be enough for me to shun all of a particular group's content, but I think I'll just stick to my principles.

I don't think he's referring to them making fun of Bronies specifically. It's just a general example of something that makes fun of just about everybody in the same manner College Humor does. South Park doesn't get taken seriously, neither should College Humor.

Ezynell when did south park make fun of us?

I didn't say they did. I don't think they ever have. I'm just saying it doesn't really count for anything to be made fun of on shows like that.

Humor's humor - I find it funny, 'cause it's after all meant to be for laughs. It would be different if they'd claim that everybrony was like that - it would be just ridiculous.

I'm not saying that this is appropriate, but I definitely think that this isn't a thing you should get offended by. Only stupid people would take this kind of video seriously and think that "bronies are like this".

• Brohoof 1

I just watched it all. That disturbed me.

This solidifies my desire to never get the toys even more, not out of gender stereotypes, but because I'm in no way comfortable with getting little girl's toys. I am not judging anyone else who does get them. I'm just saying that it isn't my thing. I watch the show, enjoy the appeal that it has to older people like me, I even have two fan T-shirts, but I have no intentions on getting the toys.

Normally, I laugh things like this off, whether the video or whatever is joking about some certain subgroup, but I just... ugh. Never watching that again.

Edited by The R-Dash 5000

I didn't like it because it wasn't funny. That's pretty much all there is to it. I can take a ribbing. I mean, being a brony pretty much guarantees you'll be stereotyped, but at least be funny. I could probably write a better sketch than that. Maybe something about a human in Equestria who creeps out all the ponies or maybe something about how Equestria isn't quite what he imagined.

I saw it pretty recently. I am not easily offended or anything like that, but I just thought it was dumb. First of all, it wasn't funny (IMO), like most CollegeHumor videos I have seen. I was also slightly offended by the video. I can take jokes at my expense as long as they are funny... This was just dumb, overly crude, and made bronies look like pedophiles or something. I'm fine with most of the brony jokes, I even make some myself, but its all in good fun. This video seemed to have intentions or spreading hateful intolerance.