Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you go to college?

Reecejackox

Technically I did.

I finished school when I was 15 and was sort of pushed into an electricians apprenticeship by my parents which required me to attend a college miles away for one day every couple of weeks. I quit the apprenticeship after having a very horrible time. Didn't even stay in that job for a year. But I don't really count that as really attending college. Not in the traditional long term sense. I mean to call that place a college in the first place would be like calling an outhouse a royal palace. It was a terrible place and it should feel terrible. :catface:

I did go to college and I regret it. If I could wind back the clock, I would have decided against it.

(edited)

I did go to University but I kind of regret it as in hindsight getting a degree hasn't helped me in life, I think I probably should have just gone straight into work after leaving school instead. I managed to avoid getting in any debt from it at least though.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

Yes, I went to a private college. My major was Biblical Studies, and I got a certificate in it. Didn't get really far though since I no longer want to be a preacher or theologian. If I do go back to college again, it will likely be for something involving computers like software engineer or computer science.

• Brohoof 1

Hearing people saying college is a waste of time especially ones who graduated with a degree just downright upset me. I wasted my college time going by what my parents want because they think it for best and you know it didn’t come out as planned. They want biology and Chemistry and yes I love Chemistry but not enough to major on it. I blamed my professors on this too. But I wanted to go for History and Criminology. Should have gone to business instead too. But now I’m stuck without a degree. Of all the people who complained it’s a waste especially one with a degree should be damn right grateful. And those who complained it’s a waste of time without even bothering trying it first shouldn’t have any say about calling it a “waste of time”.

its like you’d have one half with a opportunity out in the opening but failed to use and then on the other half,  those who gained an opportunity, but are unappreciated. I have to scoff since for these people out there who are like me, never started with a such opportunity but rather start with a predetermined path being made for them. All I’m saying is don’t waste it when you have it. You’re all probably thinking “why should I listen to some guy who hated school anyway?”. Well if you don’t want to end up feeling like shit everyday, I would heed my own words for it.

I'm in college right now, studying graphic design and photography. Compared to high school, I really have nothing to complain about.

• Brohoof 1

I went to a couple classes once because my dad was a professor and I could enroll for free. But I quickly realized that even at my young age I knew more than the whole faculty put together (except for my dad, who was a rather clever chap). So I dropped out and didn’t look back. If I need a diploma I can always use my skills at art and manipulation.

Went to both undergraduate and graduate and it was totally a waste of time. I became very financially wealthy without using anything I learned in college. Would definitely not go if I had a chance to do it again. 

I have a Bachelor's Degree... It took me a long time to get there... and there isn't much I can do with it, aside from transfer to grad school. But yes, I have been to college. No matter what, it has been a simultaneously stressful and exciting experience somehow and have a hard time saying I would take it back.

The thing is, I lived the over a decade out of high school like I didn't have a future and thus my future didn't matter (long story...) and I took college degrees and classes because I wanted the experience, and because I wanted to remain a student. Don't be like me, be a student to graduate and get a career. Technically when I returned to college in the late 2010s I was being more realistic than I was before, but now I'm a bit nervous thinking about grad school. Am I really even competent enough for this?

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Technically speaking, I've earned my 120 undergraduate units, it's just not finished to actually graduate from the undergraduate program from the university 

Edited by RDDash

I went for a while but didn't know what I was doing or how sitting in more class rooms was supposed to get me a great job so I quit.

With the shitty job I have now I kind of wish I'd done something more but I think it's more due to my anxieties and general laziness than not having a degree.

• Brohoof 1

I stopped going my second year, networking was making my brain rot. I've been looking at other options and might do a data analysis certification. A nice paying job doing python/SQL database and only a year of schooling.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, two years for Cateriing and hospitality course, but never feel I be a chef. I want to go to Art College cos I like drawing. I did walk out college about three weeks without my parents know and college tudor phone home and things went, well went with parents in meeting with a tutor, then I walk college again but for few days, they rang again but parents didn't know and didn't see the answering machine so I delete the message and make excuse at college. My parents found out about I didn't go to college as my mum found out my chef clothes was clean, and things went hell. Again I did walk off again just half day and dad found he went crazy. But after all that I carry on with course and 2nd year course. I know it stupid to walk off the course cos I was overwhelmed and felt I don't want to be there and dislike the people, bit too much and it worse when my dad go mad, he keep saying lair all the time when I answer what I been doing. It's one of these things. And thinking about make me sick.

• 1 month later...