Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you go to Preschool?

MysticShine

Did you go to Preschool?  

52 users have voted

1. 1. Did you go to Preschool?

• Yes
    • No

I did. The place I went to was called "Widgets". I can still remember the general layout of the building and grounds, even thirty years later, though it's possible that's because I would have gone back there while I was primary school aged to collect younger siblings.

Edited by VitalTwilightSparkle
  • Brohoof 1

I think I did.  I can't remember if it was just a daycare or if it was also a preschool as well.  Or maybe it was somewhere else that was an actual preschool.  All I know (from what my Mom told me) is that apparently I got really attached to one of the teachers and I was really pissed when she left.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I went to two preschools during my toddler years:

- A preschool located at a church in San Bruno.

- A Montessori school in Pinole (I liked and remember it more. The teachers were nice to me.)

Overall, preschool was a big highlight of my childhood.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 1

Went to Pre-School at the Reynoldsburg United Methodist Church In 1990-1991.

Got in trouble for not singing with everyone. :/

This little light of mine

I'm going to let it sine

Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine

and 

It ain't gonna rain, it ain't gonna rain

it ain't gonna rain no more

The weather man has told me so,

it ain't gonna rain no more!

Ahh...memories. Far better years of my life.

Edited by Marble Didymus
  • Brohoof 1

...I dont even know what preschool is  :P so no, I didn't. Unless it's like the American version of Nursery...in which case I did.

Guh!  :o I dont know...why has education got to be so different in other countries?!  :yay:

• Brohoof 1

...I dont even know what preschool is  :P so no, I didn't. Unless it's like the American version of Nursery...in which case I did.

Guh!  :o I dont know...why has education got to be so different in other countries?!  :yay:

It would be the very first year of schooling you can attend. Those who do are about 4 or 5 years of age.

Edited by Mountaineer28
  • Brohoof 1

It would be the very first year of schooling you can attend. Those who do are about 4 or 5 years of age.

I think that might be nursery then. But that was compulsory education. It wasn't a case of whether or not you wanted to go or not. It was the law  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

I think that might be nursery then. But that was compulsory education. It wasn't a case of whether or not you wanted to go or not. It was the law  :icwudt:

Here, that schooling is optional. My mom never wanted me to go because she was too attached to me.

• Brohoof 1

yes I did go, some of my favorite childhood memories are of either being there, or leaving there xD

I remember this game day we had and the teacher hid those chocolate coins wrapped gold tinfoil in the sandbox and we all dug for buried treasure.

all those field trips and friends who ended up being in the same school with me until highschool.

small towns in ohio are like that xD

• Brohoof 1

I went to Kindergarten, if that counts.

From 1993 to 1996 i went to a very local Kindergarten, which was just a 100 meters away from me. Sometimes it was good, sometimes it wasn't, sometimes i didn't want to go in the first place. It wasn't a must that i had to go there, but my mom said that i needed to socialize with these other kids.

Unless it's like the American version of Nursery...in which case I did.

Essentially, yes. But one that focusses more on education and preparing the child for school, and typically only takes children who have reached the age of three, indeed often for just the final year before they begin primary school. In the UK this would be called a "nursery school", or a "nursery class" (if it's officially attached to a particular primary school) or, occasionally, a "preschool".

This is different from a "day nursery" which might accept children from just a few months old, and is primarily babysitting rather than education.

Edited by VitalTwilightSparkle

I did go to pre-school, however I hated it. Even through you're there from morning to afternoon it's torture. At least mine was. You weren't aloud to bring any of your toys (no drawing or colouring books :(), and only got to play with play-doe for most of the time, if we weren't playing with play-doe, we just sit on a rug and repeat ABCs over and over again.

I went to preschool twice because both my parents were separated and pulled me out of school, moving between states and my mother put me back in preschool because she didn't know. I didn't have good parents but that's a different subject.