Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you go to Preschool?

MysticShine

Did you go to Preschool?  

52 users have voted

1. 1. Did you go to Preschool?

• Yes
    • No

I did go to preschool, but it was Easter Seals.  It is an organization that helps children --and adults-- with special needs.  At the time I needed a speech therapist to help me communicate.  I was told by my mom that I had to use sign language to talk to her when I was 3.

I grew up in a really small town 50+ years ago.  There was no preschool.  They only got a kindergarten a year or 2 before I started.  We had the last 1 room school house in Pennsylvania up until the 1950s & had to combine w other school districts to get a govt grant to build a school.

I believe I did, I remember passing a school multiple times and I remember my mother telling me I went there. I don't remember much from it, I defiantly remember a kid throwing toys at me  :( *shrug* that's really it actually

I went to preschool, two times actually.

When I was younger, for some reason I wanted to start school as early as possible. My mom asked if I could be enrolled one year before I needed to be enrolled. I'm happy I did, because I made a ton of great friends.

Yeah, though I didn't do the whole school year. I lived in Missouri at the time, but when I moved to Texas I was old enough for Kindergarten so I did the last 3 months of that instead of Pre-K and moved onto 1st grade the following year.

Yes, I did. I believe, if I'm not mistaken, I went three days a week? I'm not entirely sure, though. It might have been every day. It was through the school district, but voluntary. So was kindergarten, actually, which I also went to.

Anyway, I have a bunch of random, vague, fleeting memories of preschool, actually. Which is weird, to me. I think my memories of preschool are more numerous and clearer than the ones I had in kindergarten. I wonder why that is. Anyway, I remember learning how doing different things with your hands shapes clay in different ways. I remember, I had a lunch box with Mickey and Minnie on it and I always brought a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and milk. Other things, too, but I specifically remember bringing milk in a Thermos. I remember one time I brought string cheese and these boys were picking on me, saying that I was eating tree bark. (I have no idea.) I remember I'd brought Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol for the class to watch. I don't remember how that all worked, but I remember watching it. I remember when coming back home, my brother and mom were talking in the car, and my brother mentioned how cartoons were just a bunch of drawings, though I don't remember the context. When I told this to my classmates, they all laughed at me and made me feel stupid, despite the fact that I was right. I remember that mid-day, we'd have nap time and we'd get to sleep on cots. But I never slept during nap time. I just laid there. I remember that I had a heart-shaped pillow and a yellow and white knit blanket. I think my mom still has both these things. Actually, I think we use the blanket for the dogs, cuz it's small. One time I got in trouble at nap time. But I don't remember why. I was probably being disruptive. They annexed me to a different area that the other kids so I wouldn't bother them. I remember that one of the teaching assistants or something like that was making something. I think it was pudding. I was very interested in what she was doing, but anytime I'd try and look and see, she'd put me back into position on the cot. I remember this one girl brought in one of those dolls that eats. Specifically, this one. I didn't wanna play with it, I wasn't ever into dolls but I wanted to know how it worked. But she wouldn't show it to me because she didn't like me.

I guess that's what I remember of preschool.

I did. And I still remember a couple things like for snacks we usually had graham crackers and hi-c fruit punch and I used to dunk the cracker in the punch. Sounds gross now but I guess I liked it that way at the time. And one of my favorite toys was this bus and you could see the charlie brown characters in the windows.

I believe I did, though I think I only went like, once or twice. Actually, that's where I got the scar on my forehead. On our way there, I ran into a building support thing just outside the place. After that, I stopped going. :P

I actually slightly remember my first day... i did not want to go. i also remember being outside on the playground and getting in trouble with a friend and we had to sit down and we started to get itchy when we realized we sat in an ant hill

I actually slightly remember my first day... i did not want to go. i also remember being outside on the playground and getting in trouble with a friend and we had to sit down and we started to get itchy when we realized we sat in an ant hill

Actually, I didn't! I went to kindergarten a year earlier than I should have.
Not because I'm smart or anything, but because my grandmother wanted to enroll me before it closed that year. Since I have a late birthday, I would have been a bit older than the preschoolers.

I did. I was non-verbal and had hit-or-miss hearing (I'd go deaf for short periods of time randomly) so I confused my teachers but man they never gave up on me. One of my teachers giving me the classroom pet in preschool to get me to start talking is the whole reason I went into training therapy animals.

I don't think I went to pre-school, but I do remember learning things from my parents before going into kindergarten. We had little goldfish crackers and I learned 1 goldfish + 2 goldfish = 3 goldfish ^^

Also, my older brothers were playing some educational computer games and I think they tried to teach me a bit too.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to preschool, but I dropped out after one semester because I kept getting bullied. The teachers were pretty bad and unattentive, too.

I ended up going to kindergarten and continuing the rest of my school career and everything. About to graduate high school in 2 months.

During my time in the shithole known as high school I've almost been ran over by a car, kids have been tazed, tackled by police, lots of fights, someone got hit by a car, I've been around drug dealers, I've been around kids talking about how they just got out of prison, I've been around kids talking about where to get illegal drugs, fire scares, lockdown drills w/ heavily armed police searches, drug dogs, people have killed themselves, someone from the school got shot off-campus, and the list goes on and on. It's like some kind of hell on earth. What I went through in preschool was nothing. Yet at the time I was innocent and had no idea what the real world held in store.

I did go to what is known as a pre-school for a while, although from what I remember it was a daycare of sorts (like coloris), I remember being really good friends with this girl there, then when I moved up to primary I never saw her again, I wonder what happened to her...