Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you go to Prom?

Azureth

Nope, I was single by the time junior year rolled around. I did go to homecoming my sophomore year, though, and that was okay. I actually kind of like slow dancing, but there wasn't much of that.

I specifically remember spending senior year prom at home eating pancakes. I would have gone, but I didn't want to be that person who shows up to prom alone. I should have gone with my cat :ButtercupLaugh:

30 minutes ago, daviddaviddavid said:

Prom isn't a thing where I come from, so nope. I don't know if that's a good thing or if I missed out.

Yea, prom is something we don't have here.

I don't think I would have been strong for it anyways.

Also 900 milestone! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

I did not. Totally would have, even had someone in mind to ask out when it came time, but I moved during the summer after my Sophomore year of High School, didn't make any real friends my Junior year, and though I made a few during my Senior, I didn't have a close connection to my school or anyone in it, so missed out. I'm definitely going to crash the high school reunion of my previous high school since I'm still friends with people from there and knew so many more, and my Girlfriend went there as well but before I did, so I'll likely get to accompany hers as well only I won't know anyone besides some teachers.

I was part of the prom community at my senior year and helped with the planning, designing, and supplies. Technically, I have no choice since I have to attend there to help with setting it up  the decoration and putting it down once the day are done.... I don't mind standing in the dark corner watching people and waiting patiently for it to be over...:sealed: 

I have a story for you. I used to be incredibly shy, and went to prom a total wallflower, pushed up against the wall at a ballroom in a highrise hotel in my tux, sipping cokes. Now, it was time for the last song, and I had the once in a lifetime chance and some kind of courage that I didn't know existed came out of me.

I walked up this girl, let's call her Elena Gonzalez, whom I had had a crush on since first grade. Now at the end of 12th I knew that I would never see her after this day, so when I heard the DJ announce it was one song and over, I streamlined to her and asked her to dance.

And we danced to the final slow song, me awkward and her graceful, and I felt complete and utter ecstacy. I said thank you and left into the night to get picked up by my parents. It's now been 18 years, and I never saw her again, but that was the one major courageous moment that I had in high school and a moment I'll never forget. 

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I didn't. Not because I couldn't, but because I didn't want to. :dry: I don't like the melodrama. Not to mention, I can imagine it would be worse if I didn't have a date, and if I did anyways, I'm actually not sure how they'd act towards the idea of me bringing a date of the same sex... :unamused: Plus, some obnoxious girl bully was constantly upsetting me and bullying me about it... She wouldn't stop, and everybody else would stop egging the b!+c# on.

I did go to the band equivalent, pretty much sat at the table and ate snacks most of the time though I did dance a few times and most of them I remember not being the most fun I'd had. Except for the one time I got to do a nice slow dance with another guy, now that was the absolute bomb. :blush: I seriously felt attracted to the guy I danced with. Luckily I knew he was taken already, because I was really tempted to kiss him after that. :sealed: 

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

Prom was actually a thing for the juniors at my school. didn't go to that one. Kinda felt I was above all that. For the seniors, our big day was the homecoming dance. I went to that one last minute, and although I didn't have a date, I ended up partying hard anyways and everyone said they were happy I showed up. 

Especially when I requested to the DJ that one of our dance numbers be Bodies by Drowning Pool. 

• Brohoof 2

I've been to 5. My senior prom (It was alright, lot of butt grinding, not really my thing)

Then 4 more as a staff member. I'll have to say going as the teacher is a lot more fun than as the student. The kids are so nervous about how they look and what everyone thinks. The teachers are there to have fun.  And all the kiddies are so cute all dressed up and playing adult. Life's about to slap then all in the face. We know It, they don't. 

Nope, didn't want to be one of the only people standing alone in the corner.

Also I can't really dance properly, sooooo x3

Did go to after prom one year though, and that was fun because it was just a grand ole' shitpost for most of the night.

I was originally going to attend, I even had a sort-of date and everything, but then I got sick.:rarity:

It's just as well though. I was only going for the free food, which, I hear from a number of sources, was WILDLY disappointing. Not a shrimp in sight, and they still want to call it a classy event? Get real guys.:dry:

Edited by Rarity the Superior