Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the worst Injury you have had?

Revy

The worst injury I've ever had? 

Sticks and stones might break my bones, but bones heal. Bruises fade. Cuts scar over. 

The greatest wound will be all the bluntforce emotional trauma that culminated together to form the PTSD I have today. The 2nd worst was a broken left hand that left me with no knuckles on my middle and index finger. 

I remember when I was little a threw a dress shoe at my brother and his friend while they were on the top bunk of a bunk bed. They threw it back and the heel hit the top of my head. Everyone started freaking out and I was like what's going on?

will put the next part in spoilers cause the first post said nothing about blood everywhere.

I remember next looking in a mirror and seeing blood pouring out of my head and thinking to myself how it looked like a waterfall xD

the doctors had to glue my head back together and I got to go to McDonalds and play so it was all kay in the end. c:

I fell off the top bunk of my bunkbed when I was younger... landed on my head. >< I saw flashes of white light and there was intense pain, luckily, though, the doctors said I got a concussion but no severe damage beyond that.

(edited)

Two head injuries I received are currently tied for worst I've ever gotten. The first happened when I was in elementary school and a kid shoved my down a small crevice on the pavement. Being a low building, there were windows with a slight protruding edge below them, and my head hit the corner directly. That earned me three stitches whose scars can still be seen today 24-25 years later (I'm now 28). The other was playing space-monkey (holding your breath and pushing oxygen into your head as much as possible). I literally knocked myself out for a few seconds and woke up on the floor. Thankfully, I was with friends so help came around quite quickly. I was hospitalized for a night and earned two stitches on my hairline. This is much more recent as I was 14.

I also have a slight cauliflower left ear which has been drained and treated professionally.

Edited by Galen

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

When my sister and I were younger, we were playing baseball with some friends. While she was preparing to hit the ball, I guess I was a bit too close to her because she hit me square across the forehead with the metal bat. It hurt like hell and I'm honestly surprised the outcome wasn't worse.

Edited by twilythebookworm

I was assaulted and stabbed by a group a few years back. Luckily the stab wound wasn't too deep or serious, and that's all they managed to do before running.

The worst would be the multiple head injuries I've gotten in my childhood. The easiest I can remember is being at a ball game when we lived in Maine. I wasn't watching where I was going, and I ran smack into the metal railing with my forehead. Boy, did that hurt like a mofo. I think I actually got sick because my head hurt so badly. x____x

Other than that, I don't think I've ever really gotten anything too severe compared to most people.

In my 6th grade English class, we were constructing our own board games to play with our assigned groups, like monopoly. One of my ideas involved making a chain-link paper cutout, it looked pretty swell and I was enjoying myself by tossing it in the air and catching it.

It went south when there was a mis-communication between me and one of my partners; we both tried to catch the paper at the same time. Guess who tried to catch the paper with scissors and instead caught my pinkie finger? After leaving a blood-trail to the nurse, clearing out a box of tissues, and a 30 minute wait for my dad to leave work to take me to the ER, I managed to escape with only 6 stitches. I was useless in band class temporarily because I couldn't move my trombone slide properly.

The scar is still in a distinct 'V' shape.

Yeah, I know this is a pretty weird topic discussion but for some reason it's always interested me, being quite an accident prone person myself I wonder what you guys have been through? If it is really graphic then please keep it too a decent level, don't want to hear about blood and guts everywhere! 

Worst one I have had is the one I have at the moment / had very recently. I fell backwards and caught myself on my one arm stretched out straight behind me, I heard this horrible noise and felt my shoulder pop out of place and was in alot of pain. I spent 15 HOURS waiting in accident and emergency, got an x-ray , got it pushed back into place and was told too wear a sling for two weeks (yeah right) and exercise it. Got to be honest i've slacked on both and im kinda paying for it atm... may need to get it checked out again soon! 

No worries, love. But thanks for the head's up. 

I fractured my arm during a soccer game when I was a child.  But I think the worst injury was when I broke a tooth after walking into a mailbox. The arm healed and never gave me trouble again, but I've had to have the tooth redone a couple of times and have a root canal on it.  Though I was so high during the root canal I didn't feel a thing.

• Brohoof 1

Now, onward with the story!

The worst injury I had was...well,  more of an embarrassment to say the least. I was learning how to ride a bike, and since our neighborhood was quite empty at the time so I had the freedom to do the things where no one had to laugh at me. That meant noob bike riding. I was with my sister. For 30 minutes I was getting the hang of it and we settled for trying my "skillz" at this 10 m long cemented ramp. Now I only got the mechanics with the bike, breaks and such. There were two of them, as how the normal mountain bike goes. I sped off from the top of the ramp.

I was going waaay too fast.

I did not know which break I was going to push. I tried pushing the left one...or was that the right...I don't know.

I really cannot remember the things that transpired after that but judging from my skinned knee and my sister laughing and jogging towards me, it was something that both of us couldn't forget.

A time where I accidentally hurt myself while doing an accidental flip with a mountain bike on a cemented ramp. *bows*

• 3 years later...

That would've been when I ended up doing something to my arm and spent the rest of the day in hospital. I don't quite remember what that something is, since it happened when I was four or five years old.

I've never had any real serious injuries...I guess the worst would be the many times I stubbed my tiny toe so hard I thought I broke it. 

• Brohoof 1

Dove head first into the floor and hit my right ear on the metal bed frame. Let's just say it wasn't pretty and I had to get stitches oof. 

I wasn't the smartest little child....