Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

Uh...Uhm, @Randimaxis? Were we gonna talk about me coming back into the thread here? Because, it, uhm, kinda feels like it's been awhile. Not like I mean to rush you or anything of course. Just don't know if you've had the time yet to catch what I've been trying to say. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Randimaxis

Hey, you alright boss? Been a while since we've seen you around the thread. :)

Oh, and actually thought I had posted my answer to your last question, but seems like I forgot to press the reply buttons, so... Whoops. Was gonna say that your reply day likely should depend on when you aren't busy, or have a lot of things to do with the family. Personally I'd say something like... Friday or Saturday might be the simplest, but that once more, depends on your job. Ain't any good trying to wring a post out of an empty tank, which I'm sure your head feels like after some particularly long days at work.

And really, I think people will just be happy to see you, regardless of the day. :) I would certainly.

See you around when you get to us chief. ^^

@Randimaxis

There. I am going to have fun seeing how Luther will react to this, hehe. :P For reference, if he does end up with a medical issue, you don't need to wait for my reply on it, just NPC Ziggy as having gotten in and started working on him straight away. Feel free to also include her having asked Silver to get somepony with a stretcher so he can be moved. Luther's a big guy, so Ziggy can't. :)

Anyway, just figured I'd give the option, in case you'd want Luther quickly at the house, as part of Illiad's changeling coming 'round to assume some personal assistant duties. Might be that isn't the plan, but you know, better safe than sorry. ^^

=========================================================================================

@Hazard Time

Good luck mate. ^_^ Hope you'll ace it and show them who's boss.

Edited by Blitz Boom

On 10/30/2018 at 9:50 PM, Matraxial Artemi said:

Can I join the RP if it's still on in the Everfree roleplay?

Well... what sort of character do you want to bring to the quarry & why, if I may inquire?

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Widdershins said:

@Matraxial Artemi 

Color? Variety? Originality? You name it!

Oh, Alright

55 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Well... what sort of character do you want to bring to the quarry & why, if I may inquire?

The character that I'm gonna use is Matraxial Artemis, my OC

1157772904_NexusMatraxialArtemis.thumb.png.1b77f59c7d02fb05b8d66273951d8a9b.png

I just wanted to experience of what's gonna be in Blackwater Quarry

@Matraxial Artemi

What Randy needs to know is more along the lines of what Mat's function would be in the quarry, and some information on him.

What's his skillset? Why is he here? What sort of boon could having him aboard bring to the quarry?

Remember that the quarry is not a tourist attraction, but an active workplace with large gates blocking the way for those who'd just glance around or be in the way in general. You'd have to be there with a purpose, hence, some information is needed. :)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Matraxial Artemi

What Randy needs to know is more along the lines of what Mat's function would be in the quarry, and some information on him.

What's his skillset? Why is he here? What sort of boon could having him aboard bring to the quarry?

Remember that the quarry is not a tourist attraction, but an active workplace with large gates blocking the way for those who'd just glance around or be in the way in general. You'd have to be there with a purpose, hence, some information is needed. :)

He's here on an expedition at the Blackwater quarry to get a sample of resources int the quarry for his Kingdom
He's likes exploring and also h
e is a kind and an emotional pony but he got a strong will to protect the young ones 

31 minutes ago, Matraxial Artemi said:

He's here on an expedition at the Blackwater quarry to get a sample of resources int the quarry for his Kingdom

Kingdom..?  Sounds like you have an interesting backstory; care to share it here?

32 minutes ago, Matraxial Artemi said:

He's likes exploring and also he is a kind and an emotional pony but he got a strong will to protect the young ones 

Okay, good start... but what motivates him?  What are his fears?  His dreams?  His opinion of the monarchy of Equestria?

Give me a little more to work with here - because it sounds interesting.

@Matraxial Artemi

Getting closer then, but this brings more questions

What kingdom? Is he expected there as a sort of beginning of potential trade deals between the quarry and said kingdom, or does he come unannounced to nick things for a rogue nation? Is he potentially a scout for a hostile nation that wants to know if it'll be worth it to invade the quarry to strip it bare?

Then comes the question as to why him. Is he the best scout/thief/diplomat from said kingdom, or is he just easier to manipulate into doing things for the kingdom? What qualifies him for his current assignment?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Matraxial Artemi

Getting closer then, but this brings more questions

What kingdom? Is he expected there as a sort of beginning of potential trade deals between the quarry and said kingdom, or does he come unannounced to nick things for a rogue nation? Is he potentially a scout for a hostile nation that wants to know if it'll be worth it to invade the quarry to strip it bare?

Then comes the question as to why him. Is he the best scout/thief/diplomat from said kingdom, or is he just easier to manipulate into doing things for the kingdom? What qualifies him for his current assignment?

5 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Kingdom..?  Sounds like you have an interesting backstory; care to share it here?

Okay, good start... but what motivates him?  What are his fears?  His dreams?  His opinion of the monarchy of Equestria?

Give me a little more to work with here - because it sounds interesting.

The Kingdom's name is Nexolian, it's a hidden from the outside world of equestria and there rich in crystals, life, nature, resource, and basically magic! 
Nexolian is peaceful kingdom that was in search of there lost parts kingdom that makes there own kingdom whole
There are three parts of Nexolian

Hevanlos (The Sky Nexolian)
Nexolian (where Matraxial Artemis live)
Anexol (The Sea Nexolian)

@Matraxial Artemi

If they are rich in resources, then what is the point in getting to the quarry, looking for resources? Especially gems, as jade is a gem, and the quarry's main sell.

And to go further on that, you basically say that an entire country is hidden from view, is brimming over with everything they'd ever need (honestly, I think you're adding too many things they have in abundance, with all due respect) and they are just out to get pieces to add more to said kingdom? Which in turn would mean to basically overtake huge areas of sea and sky to just dissapear from view? That's not peaceful, it's invasive.

If they were peaceful they would never be found (until someone stumbled into the large area of apparently nothing, which they would as this universe is full of adventurers, caravans, etc.) and in general just stay put, as they already had everything.

Even if we take the most logical rule, which is that they are run by greed and a want for domination, it still wouldn't make sense. Why would any of the citizens agree to fight or go anywhere if they are already full up on resources? They wouldn't care about expanding the kingdom, unless they were being forced to fight, and it was a brain numbing dictatorship.

I know I'm nitpicking here, but the idea you presented just doesn't make sense to me.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Hazard Time said:

Is there possibly a place I can read up more on Knee Slapper?

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/325624/a-cultural-exchange

The chapter 'An Exchange Of Emotion' does have a bit of focus on Slapper, as well as the next chapter or two.  N-joi.

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Matraxial Artemi

If they are rich in resources, then what is the point in getting to the quarry, looking for resources? Especially gems, as jade is a gem, and the quarry's main sell.

And to go further on that, you basically say that an entire country is hidden from view, is brimming over with everything they'd ever need (honestly, I think you're adding too many things they have in abundance, with all due respect) and they are just out to get pieces to add more to said kingdom? Which in turn would mean to basically overtake huge areas of sea and sky to just dissapear from view? That's not peaceful, it's invasive.

If they were peaceful they would never be found (until someone stumbled into the large area of apparently nothing, which they would as this universe is full of adventurers, caravans, etc.) and in general just stay put, as they already had everything.

Even if we take the most logical rule, which is that they are run by greed and a want for domination, it still wouldn't make sense. Why would any of the citizens agree to fight or go anywhere if they are already full up on resources? They wouldn't care about expanding the kingdom, unless they were being forced to fight, and it was a brain numbing dictatorship.

I know I'm nitpicking here, but the idea you presented just doesn't make sense to me.

So sorry about that I adding things up makes you mad. :sunny:

The point is that Matraxial Artemis is doing an expedition on the Blackwater quarry to find any any clues or traces of the other two parts of the Nexolian, they may be full on resources but the kingdom want to find it's other two parts of Nexolian in order to keep them whole as one kingdom to live happily peaceful and there not to force to fight by just going at any location and places, there going anywhere just to find any traces or clues of the whereabouts of there two parts of there kingdom.

On 11/5/2018 at 3:01 AM, Matraxial Artemi said:

So sorry about that I adding things up makes you mad.

No.

Don't do that.

Never apologize for your creations. They are a force of your creative instinct, not a personal factor of you. If a flaw is found in something you have made, it is pointed out from a source of wanting to understand it, & by extension, you. Characters carry upon themselves worlds of stories & from those stories fragments of you are peppered in in a way only you could have, in a way only that time could have formed. No one is mad at you, if anything it is happiness.

If anything, I find that the more incomprehensible one is, the more you pull others into wanting to be friends. Consider your flaws as your strengths.

...that being said...

No offense, but do you have anything written down or such? Like, have you spent time mulling the character over & all the story around them... or are you just coming up with things as you type them into the thread here? Because, as what little I understand of RP so far: it is an exercise in "What Would Happen If..." thinking about how your character would act & react in situations, but not entirely how you would. Would be kind of hard to play out a role if you only have a few scattered facts about the world they come from, right?

Like, "explores, kind and 'protects the young" gives me, personally, almost nothing to picture about what they are. Especially that last one. I kind of see all those qualities as something anybeing would do. I lob a javelin at some filly & who wouldn't try to stop it, huh? 

Like what I say: Just simply imagine them sitting down for a good cup of tea & talking about their day. So much of a being flavors what they do & say.

Would they involuntarily turn things around to how they remember past experiences or fights? Would they calmly talk about their hobbies? Would they stutter from anxiety & clam up?

You need to grow an idea, my boy! And I can see a rather colorful seed germinating within you!

• Brohoof 1

On 11/5/2018 at 2:53 AM, Randimaxis said:

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/325624/a-cultural-exchange

The chapter 'An Exchange Of Emotion' does have a bit of focus on Slapper, as well as the next chapter or two.  N-joi.

@@Hazard Time

I would add the chapter 'An Exchange of Tours' to that list as it gets a bit more into his backstory. (But they're all better with context!)

• Brohoof 1