Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

On 5/17/2019 at 9:15 PM, Hazard Time said:

Also, does the artist have a social media account you can link me to?

Well, there's their Forums profile... linx there:

https://mlpforums.com/profile/43957-lord-valtasar/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjE3ODMwMSwiaWRfMiI6NTYwNjcwMH0=

(Sorry I didn't point that out before!)

• Brohoof 2

@Randimaxis

Wow,

I am blown away by the quality here and the attention to detail, I even zoomed in and sure enough it got her to the finest detail that most may never even notice. 

Even the personality is there, simply magnificent. 

Major props to the artist, I'll have to send them a message, this absolutely made my day and possibly my week. 

Thank you, for letting me be part of this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Along with my usual apologies, I'd also like to mention a minor retcon:

I'm gonna upgrade Ophelia's empathic powers and add a passive ability.  While she can sense empathic auras about her and the direction they're in, she can't pick any of them out specifically, or how many there are.  Her eyes also function in a similar manner, though if she so desired, she could cross a few wires and force ponies to endure whatever emotion she can dig up from their psyche, from extreme happiness from the best day of their life, to the deepest sadness and horror from the worst day of their life.  For the former option, however, unless the other pony is open to and accepting of Ophelia's entrance into their mind, whatever positive emotion she brings up will be marred by the violation she's committing, a bit like someone massaging your shoulders without you ever asking for it.

6 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Hazard Time

Sounds like a self trained Empath, though with the ability to bring up past emotions she's bordering on telepath. Interesting,

All of my characters are continuous WIPs, but I mainly felt she was in need of an upgrade both due to events in RPs outside of the forums as well as to bring her up to a level playing field with the other psychically gifted characters at the quarry.  I'm not sure how to balance it atm, but it is coincidental that she needs to move her bangs to lock eyes.

37 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

It's been like... uhh…. decades since we talked, Ol' Buddy?

It has - far too long, in my opinion.

Yes, yes - you're still welcome, I've been kinda wondering what happened to you.  If it was my oversight, please point it out to me - I shall rectum-fy it as soon as possible.

• Brohoof 1

You're welcome to, if you wish.  I have work tonight, but I can try to discuss things anyhoo.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an unfortunate announcement to make.  It's been a long time coming, and it's something I've finally come to accept.

Ever since the beginning of Season 9, my interest in ponies has been slipping hard and fast.  I stopped keeping up with the show, I rarely come on the forums anymore except to reply to this thread, and I've been devoting more money towards commissioning art of my furry OCs, which include furry OCs I've adapted from my existing pony OCs.

It's nothing that anyone or the show has done.  For me, it's as simple as the spark is gone.  If any moment can be counted as my epiphany, it was the acknowledgement that a lot of my ideas simply were incompatible with the show's canon, and if I wanted to create my own pony canon to make my ideas work, I didn't see the point.  I don't have an attachment to ponies aesthetically, it's always been the characters and ideas that have held my passion.  Why make a unique pony canon that would mark my characters as being incompatible with any other pony OC that did work with the canon, while also being incompatible with nearly every other universe/fandom outside of MLP?  It was just so restrictive, and now that I'm branching out, I've found so many more possibilities that have allowed me to expand upon the ideas that have been burning inside of me while also accommodating my headcanons.

Perhaps a few of you may have picked up on it, what with my record of participation in this thread of late.  It's burnt me on numerous occasions that due to various other things which occupy my mind, you often have to wait a month or more for me to push out a reply which simply lacks the same passion and energy I originally brought to this thread.  At least, it burns me that replying to this thread has become a chore rather than a pastime, something which I HAVE to do rather than something I WANT to do.  I can't do this to you all any longer, and I most definitely cannot do this to myself any longer.

I appreciate all of the interactions I've had in this thread, and this still remains at the top of my most memorable long-term group RPs I've ever been a part of.  @Randimaxis is a wonderful GM and your passion is beyond admirable.  You did everything you could to rekindle my interest in this thread, but I was wrong to think that it was my interest in your thread that was waning.

Out of respect for everyone here, I wish to plan out my eventual withdrawal from this thread.  I can understand there are a number of plot points which still need to be wrapped up (especially that soiree Carnelian promised), and I plan to stay until those can be resolved in one way or another that satisfies everyone involved.  Thank you all for your patience, and thank you very much for everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Four years. 

Your dedication to story telling is, as always, breathtaking. May your ink wells dry up and your quills degrade, for such is a wonderfully bittersweet indicator of how spurred your creativity is.

@Randimaxis

Not that Mystic doesn't enjoy the hug, we were somewhat expecting to actually meet someone? or maybe for something to happen? something to interact with?

As it stands all that's happened is Key's disappointment and Dax's enjoyment, which doesn't lend much for Mystic to respond to given she's already pretty much had her enthusiasm for what's coming expressed.

What do you think? Am I missing something that she should be reacting to?

• 2 weeks later...

@Randimaxis

Y'know, I feel in a giving mood, so I'm gonna let you decide on how your explosion site looks like now. :)

AKA; I have no idea how resistant it actually is, and don't want to overstep my boundaries, so it's safer to just let you lay it out as it is.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to do my best to get a reply out this weekend.  I'll write myself notes and everything.  Life events below under spoiler.

Spoiler

My boss recently fired a part timer and I and another coworker have had to take on her previous tests she was running until our new hire is qualified to run them, herself.  Both tests that she was running are time consuming and labor intensive, so I can't say that I got the rawer deal.  The one I have to do now is EPA 1664A (hexane extractable materials), which extracts oils and greases from water and measures their concentration.  It's a two-three day procedure that takes anywhere from 4-6 hours each day: gotta clean your glassware, weigh out the flasks, prepare the blank and standards, set up the filters, actually filter the product (and hope you don't get too greedy and end up stopping them up from all the suspended solids in the sample), elute the captured oil and grease with hexane (which, I might add, is neurotoxic with chronic exposure, so keep that fume hood on high), desiccate with sodium sulfate, transfer to flask, boil off in hot water bath, allow to cool overnight, weigh out in the morning (which takes forever, but it eventually gives you your total hexane extractable material), and if the client wants to differentiate between the polar and non-polar oils and greases, then you need to redissolve in hexane, transfer to a new vial, add a calculated amount of silica gel, shake for a minute, filter into a new pre-weighed flask (which also takes forever), boil off in a water bath, allow to cool overnight, and weigh out the remaining non-polar oil and grease in the morning.

TL;DR - I've had to work 10 hour shifts for the past week in order to keep up with the new demands put on me, and it's my hope that things will go back to normal next week.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Sixamidnar

Your post was great Randi. Or Sixa now, I suppose. Hope the reply works for ya. :)

Also, for the record, finding a great deal of fun in having Blitz just not reacting on Luther's usual intimidating presence at all. Upping it a notch here as the world is a bit rose tinted for her right now, so to speak, but just in general, it's rather fun. And I guess now he have to get used to that, as she ain't gonna leave that easily again now that he invited her in. :P 

Reminds me, I like the description of the damages the explosion caused. I didn't even consider it could go that far, but dang. Been reading it several times, and it's just sounding better and better.

Anyway, I got a point to make here too: In the aftermath, if he tries to find some information on her (as he might find it weird that a filly hanging out alone in a forest, claiming not to have any memory, have just cracked his mountain) she have a brother currently situated in Manehattan, called Molotov Boom. He got a heavily reinforced workshop outside the city limits, and is the only living family Vylia will be able to find any information about. I mentioned it some time ago, but it'd been a while, so just refreshing, in case it is something that you wish to take further at some point.

I can fill in on more information if required at a later date. Including history of their (usually) short lived family members. :)

• 3 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom 
 @Randimaxis

huh didnt tag both for some reason, anyways fever is dead, IM BACK! 

missed me? 

aplogys for my and cresents absense from the mine story. Found my pony writing spark hope to jump into writing again 

"ya cwhip its not nice to scar boss like that!" slaps cwhip 

ok ok i deserve that 

• 2 weeks later...

@cwhip9 @Randimaxis

So, we still seem to have some issues getting Cwhip into things it appears. Might I suggest that we take advantage of the large explosion going off to get him in somehow? It would be rather loud, and bat ponies have pretty sensitive ears, from what I understand. It might draw his attention and worry about perhaps being a mine accident, which appears to be something he is hired to help fix, yes?

• Brohoof 2