Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

That was probably the longest time I spent on a post, but It showcases a side of Bloom that hasn't been shown yet. Thanks @Blitz Boom, your last post gave me a lot of ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

@Randimaxis

33 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

vases from the Trojan era

Yes but which Trojan era? We talking pre revolution? (Mostly clay and sandstone) The Trojan Renascence? (Porcelain or china often with gemstones embedded) The Utilitarian Era? (Polished marble or granite, darn near unbreakable) Modern Troy? (Colored glass often with internal engravings to match the patterns of earlier eras.)

You've got to be specific you know :derp:!

If they're from Troy after Illiad's visit they're likely either from the Utilitarian era (For Luther) or Renascence (For Vylia).

Yes I just made that all up. 

• Brohoof 2

41 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

Yes but which Trojan era? We talking pre revolution? (Mostly clay and sandstone) The Trojan Renascence? (Porcelain or china often with gemstones embedded) The Utilitarian Era? (Polished marble or granite, darn near unbreakable) Modern Troy? (Colored glass often with internal engravings to match the patterns of earlier eras.)

You've got to be specific you know :derp:!

I figure, unless Gold knows the difference, it might not matter as much... @Loud Opinion, would he be able to differentiate between eras with antiquities?

• Brohoof 1

Hardly. He could care less about the names, he just knows a subtle display from an over-the-top one. He sees the trading of antiques, among other things, as a big scam that everyone else is in on. Give him a clay pot from the neolithic and he'll throw it in the trash.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Randimaxis

You make me swoon everytime you do Vylia. Stop thait.

Gosh, it's almost as if you a homebody nerdy boy who fans over the Strong, Confident Woman Who Don' Need No Man trope.

Least i'm honest with myself.   ...also, wings are awesome. 

Kinda feel as if I coulda written my entry a bit better. I'm still practicing being eloquent in my writingses. 

@Randimaxis

I'll pop in something with Ziggy, once the scene is set that you want her in. At the current stage, I can only get her towards the shed area. :) Unless I missed some followup, in which case... Please point me to it, since I apparently missed it big time. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's the issue, @Randimaxis?

You stated the harness was made for an earthpony, not that it couldn't go over something. As I still think of it as, Hopper still has a thick, short blanket covering his back and over where his small wings would be and I always figured a harness was something like what Big Mac wears all the time, around the neck. So why exactly won't it go on?

Might I ask for clarification and further elaboration in detail? Clod Hopper did come to these quarries with a cart in tow of his own. Or is she expressing shock as she has uncovered something on her own?

9 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Or is she expressing shock as she has uncovered something on her own?

She was just going to strap the crate directly to his back... and that's where she made her discovery.  I figure, normally Clod would have stopped her... but due to his awkwardness around folks (seeming like mares in particular), he might've been distracted.

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis

Oh, so she hit the wings basically? That's assuming wings make the shoulder, top back part wider? I always kind of assumed they folded down flat or lower down, especially considering the blanket there would lead most to assume the back is just right there.

I seem to recall pegasai leading small carts in flight? Though then that calls into question how the cart stays level while airborne.

Heh, I'm going to have to think of how this changes things and how reaction should go from there!

16 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Heh, I'm going to have to think of how this changes things and how reaction should go from there!

Good; it IS my job to entertain the players, is it not?  So why should I not toss the Baseball of CHAOS  into the mix for lil' ol' you as well, my friend?

On that note, is everyone else enjoying their own storylines?  Yes?  No?  Maybe?  

Oh, and for those of you who like to do your homework: 

... here's your research base.  N-joi.  :o

• Brohoof 1

This story has been a treat so far. I'm one of the few people left on earth that doesn't like slice of life. So for me to consistently find myself looking forward to posting is a testament to the quality of what you've built up here.

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis

Okay, No. I'm lost here. Could you be more specific, please?

Pansy had reached up and started to slide the harness into place, yet she'd run across a slight issue... the harness itself was made for an earth pony...

"Um... Mister Hopper?  I, er... um... what sh-should I do about, erm..."

... and Clod Hopper WASN'T an earth pony.

What is happening here? Has she knocked the blanket off? Does she have a wing in her hoof right now? Why wouldn't a harness work on a pegasus equally well as an earth pony? Aren't the wings higher up than that? Is there something that I need to explain or react to?

Y-you're not....If it's okay, I need more detail. I can't work on this.

I- I don't understand, the, uh, majority of your response to me. I don't know how to work back on this. I'm kinda lost, sorry. What is this discovery? Why would he have responded?

Far as I can tell, it was a conversation than the thingie went on. I feel like i'm missing something here?

7 hours ago, Widdershins said:

What is this discovery? Why would he have responded?

In preparing the harness to go on his back, Pansy discovered his wings; if he has nothing to say about it, he can just tell her to finish the job - but I figured, as self-conscious as he supposedly is about those wngs, he might react in some manner or fashion to her discovery.

If I'm doing something incorrect here, tell me - I'm a bit lost as to how YOU'RE lost.

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis

But how did she discover that? Did she bump them hard enough to cause pain? I have been going by that he's got a thick blanket over his back usually, like one would with clothes and that his wings are atrophied and smaller than usual so less noticeable. 

Did she knock the blanket off somehow? I think one of several points of Confusion here is that I don't see how harnesses come in contact with wings. I might have no idea how they work in this world. I thought they go around the neck? Like an ox yoke? 

What was the action taken and specific situation to finding his wings? 

Because with the shock you put in to it, it sounded like some guy getting his pants yanked off. I kind of feel like I only have her reaction, not what actually happened. 

12 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

In preparing the harness to go on his back,

I think that's the part I'm missing. I'm just seeing her go "Oh, you has the wings." Not any of the context where such was unveiled to her. As far as I can logically contextualize, you would just have to put a thing Over the pony and what was already there. I can't see any way she would have discovered anything, and therefore have no context as to what actions should be responded to.

5 hours ago, Widdershins said:

As far as I can logically contextualize, you would just have to put a thing Over the pony and what was already there.

Honestly, I was figuring that, since the crate was going on his back and not on a cart, she would have had to strap them direct to him.  This means she would have been shuffling cloth and such up there, and I figured she would have come across some 'lumps' she was having trouble getting the harness over, so she went to move them... and that's when it happened.

I apologize if I was just an idiot, and didn't put that in the narrative; I should have explained better.

Would you like me to rewrite that part, and just not even mention it?

@Randimaxis

Oh! I had thought it was going to sit in a small cart and be towed back! Was assuming this package was larger than most ponies! Heck, I thought it was filling up the shed as the sole item in there! I have a hard time picturing a big, wooden plank crate held together by nails being on top of one pony!

Stacking a box on a pony would require a harness? What kind of harness? So you're saying she's putting more cushioning on top of my character and that's when things are noticed? Wouldn't the course of action be to just pile more ontop of whatever is there to begin with? Oh, but that would make sense that one would naturally ask to take the back blanket acessory off first even if a country boy colt like Hopper don't seem the sort to be fashionable.

Yeah, I need alot more detail if that's okay?