Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mister Jack

Ooh! I got one:

- Studying the history of Equestria or the whole pony world, there should be something like Egyptian ponies or Roman ponies, or Knight ponies because we already have The Crystal Empire

- More King Sombra, what caused him to enslave the crystal ponies

- The teen lives of the Mane 6, their lives while they were still living with their parents

- Luna's tale on why did she become Nightmare Moon, I mean, not just a simple narrated opening

- An episode where the Mane 6 travels between time with the help of Twilight/Celestia/Luna/Cadence's magic or stuff 

• Brohoof 1

maybe a episode in which the mane 6 explore the land OUTSIDE equestria i mean  is it just me or are equestrians so ignorant towards anything outside theyre borders (WOW there was an episode were representatives from saddle arabia came for  about 1 min)

i mean maybe a place that is filled with hate and they help it become peacful just sayn.

maybe roman empire

I think tonight I'll turn this into a fanfic but it's a good episode idea as well I suppose. So during one of there adventures Spike, who is along too, notices that AJ is kind of overly protective of her hat, and refuses to take it off for any reason. And of course Spike jumps to the insane conclusion that AJ is hiding some sort of secret under her hat and everypony else kind of imagines some sort of horror. (rarity imagines AJ is wearing a wig and is actually bald, Spike thinks she's actually a unicorn, Pinkie *sigh* ...Pinkie thinks Applejack's hiding smaller versions of herself under the hat and that's how she seemingly works so hard.(Right Pinkie... because Apple Buck Season never happened... great detective work as usual.)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Due to a magic accident on Twilight's behalf, Spike is turned into a pony. Fortunately, there is also a counter-spell, but Spike doesn't want to turn back and runs off. So the Mane Six go on a wild goose chase to catch him and turn him back into his true self.

Twilight: Oh Spike, why would you run away like that when you've been so kind and faithful to us?

Spike: Why don't you repay the kindness by getting in the kitchen and making me a sandwich?

Edited by Red Pegasus

@: I knew it that Spike is the best pony wink.png

Interesting episode idea. It can be deepened by involving his crush on Rarity: now, when he's a Pony, he's got better chances with her wink.png And this could lead to a good moral at the end, when she make him realize that she likes him the way he is (as a Dragon), so he don't need to change into a Pony for her.

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is just an idea about an episode for MLP:FIM. I was thinking on maybe a premiere or finale episode where Twilight Sparkle loses the memory of her friends and her friends realize it when they take her to Princess Celestia. Celestia announces that its a rare occurrence that can happen with alicorns or something like that, but there is a cure that has been lost for many years in an area thats deserted or haunted,etc. So due to that, the crew rush to that area to retrieve the cure(plant possibly) to cure Twilight's memory of friendship.

• Brohoof 1

This is just an idea about an episode for MLP:FIM. I was thinking on maybe a premiere or finale episode where Twilight Sparkle loses the memory of her friends and her friends realize it when they take her to Princess Celestia. Celestia announces that its a rare occurrence that can happen with alicorns or something like that, but there is a cure that has been lost for many years in an area thats deserted or haunted,etc. So due to that, the crew rush to that area to retrieve the cure(plant possibly) to cure Twilight's memory of friendship.

Hey! Just a heads up to let you know that I've merged your topic with a thread made specifically for episode ideas. If you wish to create a topic involving a highly specific idea or event, it may be possible that a general thread for it already exists. Please keep this in mind when posting in the future. Thanks!

Since I've been seeing this more often in the fandom lately.

There should be an episode where a character(probably Rainbow Dash) has to the DMV, or whatever pony substitute they have for the DMV

There should be an episode where a character (probably Rainbow Dash) has to the DMV,

You mean the Department of Motorized Vehicles?

or whatever pony substitute they have for the DMV

Department of Winged Ponies (DWP) maybe?

Nice idea, but it lacks something important: a premise.

Why should Rainbow Dash (or some other pony) want/need to go there? What would be the point? The reason? What troubles could it cause? What could stand on his way to stop him/her from achieving this goal? (the conflict).

This hinted me to another idea for an episode:

Some clever Earth Pony (or maybe an Unicorn) dreams about flying like Pegasi. But not just with a balloon, like other Earth Ponies. Balloons are too slow and lame. He wants to fly fast and easily, like a native Pegasus. Since he's clever, he studies birds and Pegasi to figure out how do they do that so they can fly, and tries to reproduce it, like a real PonyVinci ;-) He builds different contraptions supposed to fly, including artificial wings, but most of the times he fails royally, and other ponies laugh at him that he will never fly like a Pegasus, since one has to born Pegasus to be able to fly. After some time he can even got a breakdown. But then he will get some friendly hand, some pony who believed him from the very beginning (maybe some mare?), so he will get together and try once more, and this time he will succeed.

Moral: Follow your dreams, don't give up, and you'll succeed.

Premise: Earth Pony wants to fly like a Pegasus.

Edit: Additional plot twist:

Rainbow Dash figures out that Vince (the DaVinci Pony ;J ) is trying to build mechanical wings, and she becomes afraid that using these wings Vince could be able to beat her at flying. That's what she cannot let happen, so she starts to sabotage Vince's project. It's also her who starts all the laughter when Vince fails, because she know that then other ponies will catch it up and will laugh with her (mob psychology, you know ;-J ). But finally she learns that what she does is not good. She's sorry and she apologizes Vince (she may even help him then with this project, as a model Pegasus ;-) ).

Edited by SasQ

I'd love to see something where we learn a bit more about Big Mac. All be we really know about him is that he almost only ever says "Eeyup". I'd love to see why he does this, and a bit more about him.

I have a theory that he has a habit of saying mostly "Eeyup" and "Nope" because he's a very logical thinker. You know, logic is two-state: something can be only true ("Eeyup") or false ("Nope"). And he likes to be precise. He don't like ambiguities.

There's one little hint to support this theory in the original series: Recall the scene where Big Mac talks with his sister Applejack about bucking apples in Sweet Apple Acres, when he's injured and cannot help her. It's a scene where he talks some more, and he seems to be quite smart (just doesn't talk much, so we can't see it often). Notice how Applejack replies him "Don't you use your fancy mathematics to muddle the issue". As if he were good in math, calculations and reasoning, and if he was using his "fancy mathematics" some more often upon her sometimes.

I even decided to use this theory in my fanfic, where Big Macintosh will use his logic skills to help the mane six at solving some puzzles which will require logical thinking and the art of deduction.

• 3 weeks later...

There are things I'd like to see episodes of, but they aren't allowed to show lesbian ponies on a kids show :P

So I guess I'd like to see some "friend bonding" episodes that "hint" at the pairings :lol: (Like Twinkie and AppleDash :3)

Also, how about episodes featuring background characters? :D Lyra and Bonbon, Vinyl Scratch and Octavia (more ship hints with those 2 pairs), Doctor Whooves and Derpy (the episode would parody Doctor Who, of course ;)), etc.

Edited by Midnight Dragon

Honestly, I've had a good idea for the season opener for four for some time now. I know this idea has probably already been thought of by someone quicker than I, but I'd still like to state it.

The basic setup would be Twilight beginning her rule as a princess. During her first few days, she notices odd little things such as cold spots, and random shadows around the castle. Eventually, she becomes hypnotized by what is revealed to be a surviving King Sombra in disguise. Under the control of King Sombra, she begins turning cruel toward her friends and the citizens of Equestria before using her newly acquired dark power to enslave the populace.

Obviously, her friends notice this is strange, Applejack and Rainbow Dash are the most upset, and both refuse to believe that she has truly turned mad with power on her own. The focus changing from Twilight and going over to Rainbow and Applejack, the two become the figurative leaders of the remaining group of five. They plan to set out and fight Twilight, and somehow force whatever is possessing her out of her body. They are successful in this end, and King Sombra is revealed. Using the combined power of all six ponies reunited in friendship, they overpower Sombra and finish him off for good.

*Shrug*.

Honestly, I've had a good idea for the season opener for four for some time now. (...) The basic setup would be Twilight beginning her rule as a princess.

The official title for Season 4's opening is "Princess Twilight". So you might have guessed right.

During her first few days, she notices odd little things such as cold spots, and random shadows around the castle.

Have you seen the new Season 4 promos yet?

"It has begun... Half-day, half-night. Strange weather patterns. Out-of-control plants." ;-J

Eventually, she becomes hypnotized by what is revealed to be a surviving King Sombra in disguise.

He might be involved in it, judging by the crystal-like structures shown in the promo.

Under the control of King Sombra, she begins turning cruel toward her friends and the citizens of Equestria before using her newly acquired dark power to enslave the populace.

This might be interesting, but it would require much more set-up to justify it well enough. Someone who already is a Princess of Friendship will not turn evil just like that <snapping fingers>. Even hypnosis won't be enough, because hypnosis cannot force anyone to do what one doesn't agree with. It would require Discord's manipulative tricks to do it, or some more sneaky deception.

and somehow force whatever is possessing her out of her body. They are successful in this end, and King Sombra is revealed.

I like the idea of possessing Twilight's body by Sombra, since he's officially dead (at least Meghan McCarthy said that recently, unless she was lying to deceive us from their plans to reuse this character ;-J ), so he could be only in a "spiritual form" now, similar to how Sauron was in "The Lord of the Rings" after being killed by Isildur, but his spirit survived and tried to reborn in Mordor. That's the only possible way I can see Sombra's return in future episodes. He was already somewhat "ethereal" in Season 3's opener, so it's quite plausible.

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 1

This is completely based on a funny little thing that happened on the preschool I work at.

It will somehow involve an earth pony married to a Triceratops with a triceratops child. Then the pony lifts a Stegosaurus out of a ditch it got stuck in, and then the pony chases off a T-rex out to get her family.

Meanwhile, her Triceratops husband makes some tea and cookies for the kid.

This was a scenario two of the pre-school boys thought up and acted out with toys.

Have them as a background plot in a Dinosaur themed episode?

• Brohoof 1

I still want my time travel story! Rainbow Dash get's struck by lightening while doing a Sonic Rainboom. She's hurled into the future, where she meets the beloved elderly and wise Professor Twilight Sparkle and her gigantic gaurdian Dragon Spike. Professor Sparkle uses her magic to help send RD back to her own time to avert a disaster that happened because Rainbow Dash was missing just when the Elements of Harmony were needed again .

I guess I should now amend that to the "The beloved elderly and wise Princess, Professor Twilight Sparkle.

tongue.png

• Brohoof 1

This might be interesting, but it would require much more set-up to justify it well enough. Someone who already is a Princess of Friendship will not turn evil just like that <snapping fingers>. Even hypnosis won't be enough, because hypnosis cannot force anyone to do what one doesn't agree with. It would require Discord's manipulative tricks to do it, or some more sneaky deception.

I think the best way to go for it would be having Sombra tempt her with knowledge. He knows from watching her for the past while that she has a keen interest in reading, knowledge, etc. so he could tempt her with learning new, albeit dark powers.

Edited by Sectus
  • Brohoof 1

I LOVE how every things going right now.  Bro hoofs for everyone including my haters.

I've had the idea of someone
(discord, queen swiss cheese legs, lich star swirl the bearded..... I just thought that one up and I love it).

hires 6 ebil ruthless ponies to go into ponyville and just raise the place.

They show up earlier than their suppose to meet their employers and sight see the town.
Being cold and ruthless their not accustom to a place like ponyville.

Depending on their varying arch types (which wouldn't have to entirely reflect the main cast)

the brain getting distracted by twlight's library "I can't burn this place down, maybe we can go around it?"

The crazy one getting caught up in pinkie's antics and maybe even draw into play time by the CMC,

the treacherous won seeing the town as a far better place than where ever he's from and straight up refusing to destroy,

so by the time who ever was behind hiring them showed up they just straight up fall in love with the place.

I think the idea would work cause you wouldn't have to have the episode be all that violent, but you'd get the audience thinking it was going to be.

• 2 months later...

So many interesting ideas for this.

I want an episode where a powerful opponent causes Twilight Sparkle to lose her wings, temporarily reducing her back to her old lifestyle. She struggles with some of her previous limitations and gets into self-conflict whether she likes her new or old form better. Preferably a two-parter.

1. An episode where one of the Mane Six (preferably Applejack) follows Zecora back to her homeland, wherever that is and both the viewers and that character gains a deeper insight into zebra society.
  2. Anything involving getting to see the Badlands or Fillydelphia.
  3. Rarity being put in another dangerous situation/conspiracy which involves physical combat.
  4. A one-shot where Sweetie Belle gets the chance to join a musical group but inadvertently deserts the other CMC.
  5. A chance for greater interaction between Rainbow Dash/Rarity or Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash getting her own song.
  6. Anything which (partly) features Vinyl Scratch Scratch or Octavia.
  7. Rainbow Dash patching her relationship with Gilda.
  8. More development on Spike's heritage.
  • Brohoof 2

I have a whole story in my head that would be an awesome episode, but since I'm planning on writing it as a fanfiction, I'll just highlight the main ideas and not give away all the little details.

Zecora has a nephew who comes to visit her and ends up enrolling in ponyville school as an exchange student.  Since he doesn't have his cutie mark yet, he wants to join the CMC, but they have to think about it first, because they've never before had a colt or a non-pony as a member.  (Ultimately, the message would be about treating everypony the same regardless of gender.)

What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 1

Now this is really a tall task for me as is with everypony else, but..............If I were to have episodes of my own written, I would have a mini-series chronicling the past of Luna, Celestia, Discord and Sombra and their past in more detail as some ideas about their past were abridged and I was looking for a more in-depth look into how the events of Sombra and Discord's first downfalls and the tragic tale of Nightmare Moon fully came into play. If possible, I would like to see an episode with the back story of Chrysalis, we know that she's a changeling but how is it that the Changelings came into existence until their debut in the season 2 finale.

But with episodes in demand that I'm willing to throw in, I would suggest having a mini-series showcasing the events after the season 2 finale where Shining Armor, the Mane 5 and Celestia trying to apologize to Twilight for the wedding rehearsal incident, Spike fighting his inner demons with his betrayal towards the one pony that cared for him like her own son, Cadence suddenly realizing what had transpired between them while she was imprisoned in the Canterlot crystal caves while also being thrown into doubt about the stallion she married and some ponies doubting Princess Celestia after her failure to protect them along with their judgment day as the ponies in the land finally hear the whole story of how the Changeling Invasion became successful the first time and their reconciliations with Twilght and Cadence. This was something that could be missing in season 3 as it was only 13 episodes long and something that I sometimes gripe about and really wish that the MLP team could at least work on. 

• Brohoof 1