Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are any of your parents bronies?

cider float

Nah, they're not bronies. They support the fact that I'm in the fandom, though.
My mom's favorite horse is Rarity. Fabulous choice, if I do say so myself.

• Brohoof 2

I highly doubt my parents even know what bronies are.

Although, my mom compliments the show occasionally. She's said things like "wow, this show has great music" or sometimes even laughs at funny moments in the show.

I never really tried to convince them to join the fandom, so that I do not know for sure. They do know I am a Brony as a fact, and they respect that and are supportive.

I dont know how my mom would feel about the newest generation of MLP but she loved it when she was a kid. I still have her old MLP toys (which i grew up playing with as a kid).

My dad doesnt like the show. he doesnt like anything i watch or any music i listen to :x He will complain when im watching the show but over all he doesnt care that i watch the show as long as he doesnt have to watch it.

I don't know. I've never told them that I'm a brony. I don't even think they know what a brony is. They would probably make jokes about it, like they make jokes about how my sister has a girlfriend but they wouldn't be offensive, just a little confused.

Nope, my mother is not a brony and nor am I. She however does find the fandom odd. She doesn't hate it, but she finds it a bit disturbing.

My parents just found out about me being a brony, since my mom called me while I was at Bronycon to see how I was doing.  I said I was in Baltimore at a convention, and she said "Ok, what kind of convention is it this time?"  She's gotten pretty used to it at this point.  I doubt either my mom or dad would ever become bronies, but it's nice to know they're not upset about it.  My mom found some negative things online, but I assured her that they were exaggerated, if not completely false, and based on my own experience at the convention, I can say with confidence that any misgivings I may have had about the fandom are just that - either baseless or highly exaggerated.

It feels good to be open about the things I love.

My parents barely understand current pop-culture, I think the concept of bronies would make their heads melt. :o

I got my dad into the show - Showed him all of S3 and the first EQG movie, and he enjoyed it. AJ was his favorite pony. I was putting off showing him S4, though...

Turns out that was a mistake, because he died before I got around to it.

Nope. My mom likes to tease me about being a Brony, but my dad was genuinely upset when he found out. They're very conservative, so they assumed that I must be gay. My dad in particular does not appreciate having a softie geek for a son.