Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel when you're buying MLP stuff in a shop?

Szmeszek

I never really cared, No body has criticized me, But I was kind of embarrassed getting McDonald's because I heard someone say that they got laughed at for wanting the ponies at a McDonald's last year, But it didn't happen and I got the toy with no one questioning me.

My girlfriend doesn't even care that I buy ponies, So.

Nope! I self serve :P

But I couldn't care less what people think. I flaunt my RD messenger bag and hoodie from We love Fine everytime I go out with my brony friends. I've had a few kids look at me and say "rainbow!!!" haha. There was a time when they gave away toys at McDonalds, no one cared because they seemed busy with other customers. B)

If I did buy the ponies, I suppose I would be, if just because of the packaging (Hasbro really should have listened to Faust and not added so much pink) and the design, but given the growing popularity of the show and acceptance of the brony phenomenon, I ought to be more optimistic that the cashier is not going to wince if I, as a 21-year old male college student, happen to saunter into the checkout line intending to buy a model of Lyra Heartstrings.

• Brohoof 1

How can you all be so...I don't know....Meh!

You don't get embarrassed - It's not fair!

I get embarrassed too easily though, but seriously, I know one other Bro (In real-life) ,He's a good friend, he knows I'm a bro

But I still manage to get...Meh! Whenever he brings up pony with anyone else around (Aside from a few sympathisers - We have them!)

All you guys an' gals have got serious guts!

I'm just waiting to get a chance to get to somewhere that sells pony (amazingly few places in the UK...It's all been overrun by Hello Kitty! I always linger whenever I'm out shopping (Soooo Boooring...Usually.) whenever I get a sight of something that may be pony-related, It almost never is though

Ah well, I'll get over it eventually - Wish me luck, I'm guessing I'll get dragged out to Cribbs' or somewhere sometime soon.

I hope to witness the day that, I, an awesome, Incredibly Manly (Yeah! Iive by dat!) 14 going on 15 Y/o

Can (Mildy) confidently, go through the Cashier's without any odd looks being thrown my way, and only Mild (That's the best I'll ever get, typical me, I guess.) Embarrassment, as I check down with mah Ponies.

(Any Ideas what to grab first?) Yeah, I'm hopeless ^-^

^-^

-Joe-

Edited by Shardikku
  • Brohoof 1

Some stores are starting to have Trixies (along with Lyra, Sunny Rays, and Cherry Berry). I found a Lyra at Target :wub:

WHHHAAAATTT???!! forget walmart then... all they ever have is the blind bags and generic looking toys.
  • Brohoof 1

well..... i've only bought a few things. I bought some cards at hot topic with my pals, and i wasn't worried, but the other day, while i was at target, i bought 3 mystery grab bags (one of which contained AJ, yay!) and i was alone and i fet just a little self-concious, but more so, i was worried that my grandparents would kill me if they ever found out i bought the grab bags.

I really used to be, in fact I would make my girlfriend pay for them for me. XD I’m not anymore though, you are who you are and you like what you like the sooner you can embrace that the happier you will be, that has been my experience anyway.

• Brohoof 1

How can you all be so...I don't know....Meh!

You don't get embarrassed - It's not fair!

I get embarrassed too easily though, but seriously, I know one other Bro (In real-life) ,He's a good friend, he knows I'm a bro

But I still manage to get...Meh! Whenever he brings up pony with anyone else around (Aside from a few sympathisers - We have them!)

All you guys an' gals have got serious guts!

I'm just waiting to get a chance to get to somewhere that sells pony (amazingly few places in the UK...It's all been overrun by Hello Kitty! I always linger whenever I'm out shopping (Soooo Boooring...Usually.) whenever I get a sight of something that may be pony-related, It almost never is though

Ah well, I'll get over it eventually - Wish me luck, I'm guessing I'll get dragged out to Cribbs' or somewhere sometime soon.

I hope to witness the day that, I, an awesome, Incredibly Manly (Yeah! Iive by dat!) 14 going on 15 Y/o

Can (Mildy) confidently, go through the Cashier's without any odd looks being thrown my way, and only Mild (That's the best I'll ever get, typical me, I guess.) Embarrassment, as I check down with mah Ponies.

(Any Ideas what to grab first?) Yeah, I'm hopeless ^-^

^-^

-Joe-

yeah thats the difference, I'm 23, not 14-that and I've done stranger, girlier things in public and not batted an eye at them

one must not live their life in the shadow of strangers like that.

Will it really hurt you if some random cashier thinks your weird, some of my friends and I in the ball jointed doll community talk about the times we scared people with our dolls, and the dumb things they say.

maybe its an age thing, I donno-I have no worries of "omg what if my parents find out!?" that seems to drive a lot of fear in people

• Brohoof 2

yeah thats the difference, I'm 23, not 14-that and I've done stranger, girlier things in public and not batted an eye at them

one must not live their life in the shadow of strangers like that.

Will it really hurt you if some random cashier thinks your weird, some of my friends and I in the ball jointed doll community talk about the times we scared people with our dolls, and the dumb things they say.

maybe its an age thing, I donno-I have no worries of "omg what if my parents find out!?" that seems to drive a lot of fear in people

Aye, partly the parents thing, also, I know a LOT of people, see someone I know just about everywhere I go - While that's usually a good thing, I also have some people I'd rather didn't see me with ponies.

Also, the thing about the age, Yeah, that probably makes a difference, more freedom (Thought and otherwise) an' all.

But being scared about what the general public think of me? Heh, If you ever said that to my face, I'd probably get the public's attention with something, then get you to repeat it, VERY LOUDLY!

I'm not a complete attention-W**re, don't worry. I don't really care what the greater, unknown public think though!

-Joe-

• 5 weeks later...

My best pony-buying story:

My friend Carl and I were hanging out one day, and we decided to look for blind bags at Walgreen's. After looking through the entire box's pinholes, we finally found a normal Twilight Sparkle (for me) and a sparkly Rainbow Dash (for him). Being two teenage guys, we thought of an ingenious plan for fooling the cashier (an old lady). We picked up two Monster energy drinks and took them over to be rung up. We said we were getting some pony toys for my little sister, and we wanted to make sure we got her favorite ponies. "That's very sweet of you boys," she said. "I'm sure she'll like that."

"I'm sure she will," I replied. And "she" certainly did. The total came up to be about 75 cents more than we had on hand, so we asked for the cashier to hold the Rainbow Dash for us (yes, we had to check the pinhole right in front of her) while we ran home and got the change. She agreed, and we did just that. The end.

Edited by OfTheLion

I dun really buy them... tho now that I think about it.

I'd drag a guy/girl who works at the store to show me the pink isle and ask me for recommendations.

*trollface.

if he says "I dunno"

"you work here. you should know what the best choices are. come on pick one out for me"

if he picks at random.

"really? so why do you think xxxx is a good choice."

depending sex... i predict different outcomes.

I mostly get stuff online, so I don't have to worry about it. But I looked at the pony toys at a Wal-Mart early this morning when almost nobody else was in there, and I still felt very self-conscious. I didn't dare buy any of them, but that was due to the prices more than the embarrassment...plus some of them don't even look like the characters. Especially the plushies.

This will not stand. I demand better quality merchandise from Hasbro! But where were we? Well, I'm a 27-year-old guy so I would definitely get weird looks, which I hate because I tend to be extremely shy and sensitive. If I did buy something, I'd have to say it was for my little sister or whatever (I don't have one). -_-

Edited by TailsAlone

I have a grand total of four pony shirts, and I've bought two of them in public at Hot Topic, where the (brony) cashier gave me a brohoof. However, I still have yet to troll people by going and buying anything besides that in a store like Toys-R-Us or Walmart. It would be pretty funny though. I don't get embarrassed easily when I buy things.

Not at all, actually. The first time I bought a Blind bag was in Hot Topic and no one there really cares. The first time I went to Wal-Mart and the likes was a little unnerving, but I followed my own advice for once and just went and grabbed a few then calmly walked to the cashier and payed. Its still a little bothersome when parents are walking around the place and I'm standing over the Blind bags looking for a specific number with such great attention, but nothing I can't handle.