Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Telling Our Children and Grandchildren About MLP

PonyFunk

We always hear our parents and grandparents talking about what happened in the "good ol' days", but what will our children and grandchildren think of us when our devotion to "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" enters in the conversation?

• Brohoof 1

This will be very different from person to person. It largely depends on how big of a fan you are/ how devoted you are,and if it's had any significant impact on your life (met your significant other through the community or it saved your life from depression, etc). It will also depend on what the social norms are down the road, though I doubt explaining your interest for a cartoon show will be a big deal down the road even to children or grandchildren. 

My own chapter with ponies continues, and thus it remains difficult to say. I can't say kids are something I'm planning on right now either, nor for any time in the near future.

I can say however if I have kids, I'll make mention of it, the community, art and music, friends, etc. It is simply another roller coaster in the theme park life and another story to tell.  

• Brohoof 4

I feel like my kids would think I was a huge dork for liking MLP but my grandkids would maybe probably think of me as their cool Grandma. Haha! My siblings, parents and a few relatives already know of my devotion and obsession with this fandom, and to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way.  :ph34r:

My father says Rarity is best pony.

Well, my father says that your father wears dresses with emeralds and a gold trim! :P

(BTW, I do like Rarity, but we all know that Fluttershy is best pony, even if you are not willing to admit it yet)

Honestly, if I had kids I'd just show them MLP:FiM via Netflix/internet/whathaveyou like I show my seven year old cousin the shows I watched back in the 90s, some of which came from much earlier, including the 70s and possibly 60s.  The kid likes me and wants to like what I like and if I say "this is a good show, watch it" he'll give it a chance.  If they come to like it as babies by associating it with their parents, unless they for some reason come to dislike the parents they will probably be fans too and no need to tell them how much you like it because they will just know.

Well, my father says that your father wears dresses with emeralds and a gold trim! :P

(BTW, I do like Rarity, but we all know that Fluttershy is best pony, even if you are not willing to admit it yet)

My father says your father is scared of almost everything, including its own shadow.

Fluttershy is my second favorite.

Well given that they ARE children and haven't yet been told that it's "wrong" to like this, probably with the same reaction we had when our parents wanted to share something with us. I mean, I watched Escape from Midnight Castle as a kid and thought it was good.

I know that I will share this show with my kids one day right alongside the Disney animated films. Something good to formulate their perception of life and how to live it. 

I think I would mention poneh from time to time to mi kids, but I doubt they would be interested. If we find many old shows cheesy at least, they would think the same to our shows