Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Now Twilight has a castle and a official title, should she have a Guard/s?

Mentis Soliloquy

I was thinking should Twlight gain a small guard detachment, as my OC is a member of this unit that's fine for me and RP or headcannon. But what if the show was to do this it could add some character to the castle and EUP as a unit. 

give me some thoughts people and i'll sum them up and make a video next week if it's any good.

what you ponies think?

Edited by Emeral Bolt

In my own standpoint she is her own guard. Also, she does have a small guard detachment! The mane 5! Twilight has conquered magic not only in the pony world with her horn but in the EG world as well with NO HORN!

• Brohoof 1

In my own standpoint she is her own guard. Also, she does have a small guard detachment! The mane 5! Twilight has conquered magic not only in the pony world with her horn but in the EG world as well with NO HORN!

I agree with Kivil here, since Twilight has the mane 5 and they're all in the same town so if anything happens they can just assemble and use the power of skittles friendship. Plus Celestia has her royal paperwork and Luna sleeps all day so I guess they need guards to protect them from small problems.

Either that or Celestia just wants a reason to be on a chariot.

• Brohoof 3

Hmm.  I just think that guards might be a wee bit intimidating in Ponyville.  It just doesn't seem like Twilight.  And it doesn't seem all that necessary.  It's not like guards could do sh*t against Tirek or something.  What would they be guarding against?  The ponies of Ponyville?  ...yeeeeaah.  Ponyville is certainly laden with crime.  I think the guards would be an offputting status symbol, honestly.  But I'm not at all opposed to Twi having a small domestic staff.  I'm talking about things like a chef, a kindly librarian, things of that nature.  I think she and Spike could both use a bit more company in that big castle.  They should give her a butler voiced by Michael Caine.  Seriously, though, pop-culture joke aside, I think that would be awesome.

• Brohoof 1

It's great to hear some other points of view guys thanks for that domestic staff would be cool and i agree however.

Applying the same logic to the other princess the other members of the EUP aren't too help either. The detachment size I was thinking of would be no larger than say half a dozen, but all fair points.

I don't think Twi NEEDS guards, but it would be fine if she could get a couple of dudes watching the entrance at least, specially if one of them is Flashy just for the writers to troll the fandom and start the "HE'S GOING TO STEAL OUR WAIFU  :angry: " rants again  :lol:

A domestic staff would be a bigger necessity however, I don't see how Spikey Wikey hasn't worn himself out keeping that castle :dash:  

• Brohoof 1

Twilights Princess status seems more token than anything at the moment so I guess not, Even Luna does not seem to have a large guard attachment.

The Princess seem the most powerful ponies in Equestria, and their guards just seem to be there to secure the castles or keep the masses away from public royal events.

Also it would make episodes lot harder to write if a regiment of guards had to follow Twilight around all the time lol.

She can teleport, she'll be fine xD 

I think the others can and they have guards

Bro, she blasted Tirek through a mountain. If anything, the people need guard to protect against her.

when she had all the Alicorn power

I think it's because ponyville is smaller than the crystal empire and canterlot. That's why she doesn't need guards

Edited by reader8363

I don't know. I think Hasbro just wanted Twilight to have the princess status and the crown and castle but not have any of it affect the plot of the show, at least significantly (save for season openers/finales). It's why she has no fans, nobody notices her, she doesn't have royal duties and she has no guards. The cutie map is a good excuse for plot elements to be given that doesn't rely on her having to give edicts as to what should be done which would make good use of her desire to have some purpose. But instead, there are none. So no guards for her now or ever.

Bro, she blasted Tirek through a mountain. If anything, the people need guard to protect against her.

Seriously! I was thinking the exact thing!!

• Brohoof 1

@@reader8363 does have a point though - she only did it with all of the alicorn power.

Yeah but as time goes on I bet she will find out more and more magic techniques that are well like super powerful like all the alicorn magics

I for one lost all faith in the Royal Guard when Celestia and Luna were kidnapped by magical weed. You’d think they’d notice a giant black beanstalk creeping through the royal halls. Then we also have a problem called pony architecture. Just look at all those sweet, sweet points of entry. The Crystal Dream Treepalace in particular is less secure than a damn barn and a few mooks in crummy armonr wouldn’t change anything. A competent assassin could still slip in at night, accomplish all bonus and mane objectives, loot the place from roots up, and then laugh all the way to the hideout without so much as breaking a sweat. All you need is a self-bored stone (just in case), a couple of tranq darts, a set of lock picks, and a black bag. Don’t you worry though, I’m sure friendly Equestrian assassins don’t do hurtful things to innocent waifus.

If you ask me, Twilight should just conjure an army of iron or crystal golems (let’s call them Sparktroopers) and decorate the halls with their haunted husks. Such protection does not only work splendidly as fabulous hallway decoration but also serves as a statement: Here lives a mage you do not want to buck apples with. It’s not a foolproof deterrent to top-notch assassins, but they can sure as Tartarus serve some quality teeth porridge to pretentious unicorns. Want more? Get yourself a nether hound pup like orthros or cerberus for some extra oomph. Just remember: each toy sold separately. Ask a parent first.

• Brohoof 1

It could be like the Twilight Platoon or something. I am just a nerd at royal guards and in all roleplays i would probably be one! Call Officer Strike! Anyway yeah........about that she  should have her own small unit.......cos she is  a princess.....

I for one lost all faith in the Royal Guard when Celestia and Luna were kidnapped by magical weed. You’d think they’d notice a giant black beanstalk creeping through the royal halls. Then we also have a problem called pony architecture. Just look at all those sweet, sweet points of entry. The Crystal Dream Treepalace in particular is less secure than a damn barn and a few mooks in crummy armonr wouldn’t change anything. A competent assassin could still slip in at night, accomplish all bonus and mane objectives, loot the place from roots up, and then laugh all the way to the hideout without so much as breaking a sweat. All you need is a self-bored stone (just in case), a couple of tranq darts, a set of lock picks, and a black bag. Don’t you worry though, I’m sure friendly Equestrian assassins don’t do hurtful things to innocent waifus.

If you ask me, Twilight should just conjure an army of iron or crystal golems (let’s call them Sparktroopers) and decorate the halls with their haunted husks. Such protection does not only work splendidly as fabulous hallway decoration but also serves as a statement: Here lives a mage you do not want to buck apples with. It’s not a foolproof deterrent to top-notch assassins, but they can sure as Tartarus serve some quality teeth porridge to pretentious unicorns. Want more? Get yourself a nether hound pup like orthros or cerberus for some extra oomph. Just remember: each toy sold separately. Ask a parent first.

Well, it's good that real Equestria isn't like somebody's fan fiction. Twilight is very safe and would see any attack coming even though I don't believe that any pony would dare attack a princess directly.

These all great points people/ponies!

I was thinking myself only a few individuals to guard the entrance. However I want to see some guards as a means to add personality to some guards more than just Flash Sentry so that we could gain some insight and they as we have seen would probably be working on a part time basis as we know that twilight and the other 5, are capable of defending themselves I believe it would a way to add some more ponies to ponyville and give us more stories to play with.

Stay tuned to this it's all good information for my youtube episode and keep em coming. :)

• Brohoof 1

Well, it's good that real Equestria isn't like somebody's fan fiction. Twilight is very safe and would see any attack coming even though I don't believe that any pony would dare attack a princess directly.

Fanfiction? Why you overestimate me. I make this shit on the spot using only my clutter of useless knowledge about fantasy and miscellaneous. I know full well that there is no way the canon Ponyverse would harbor assassins or any other threat formidable enough to inflict upon anypony a wound greater than a scraped knee. This was only meant to jog your imagination, nothing less and nothing more. Next time, I’ll be a good goat and talk about plastic instead.

P.S: Twilight is as safe as the plot demands her to be, but when some mediocre villain like Starlight Glimmer can infiltrate your castle with ease, you know your security is shit and no mental juggling can change that fact.