139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I've just come to a realization.

This episode to Twlight's friends, is a reiteration of Lesson Zero, except, to quote Josef DeAngelo "...so obtuse, I am incapable of appreciating the irony."

Rather circumstantial evidence vindicates Twilight's supposed overreaction, leading to the inferred or declared lesson "Trust your instincts".

What is this? Starfox?

In both episodes Twilight assumes a negative outcome and her friends assume passive outcomes based upon both parties being provided the same evidence, and they both come up with rational answers.

In Lesson Zero it was "My letter being late is very bad" vs. "You are over-reacting".

In A Canterlot Wedding it was "Cadence is impolite unkind evil" vs. "It can easily be explained by stress that turns her into a bridezilla". In certain ways both standpoints are perfectly reasonable and thus the real axiom of knowledge against an entertaining but foundationally meaningless spectacle was Princess Celestia saying (and I quote): "Trusting your instincts is a valuble lesson to learn."

Because if you aren't suspicious about behaviors about someone you haven't met in many years and finally meet them in highly beyond normal circumstances, you should be extremely wary around them or else a monster army will invade.

Pedantics and hilarious quips aside, I think it'll be some years before a song like BBBFF comes along for me. You probably have no idea what it felt like to hear it, as a big brother.

Also, who else do we know has green magic on their horn?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 4

I've just come to a realization.

This episode to Twlight's friends, is a reiteration of Lesson Zero, except, to quote Josef DeAngelo "...so obtuse, I am incapable of appreciating the irony."

Rather circumstantial evidence vindicates Twilight's supposed overreaction, leading to the inferred or declared lesson "Trust your instincts".

What is this? Starfox?

In both episodes Twilight assumes a negative outcome and her friends assume passive outcomes based upon both parties being provided the same evidence, and they both come up with rational answers.

In Lesson Zero it was "My letter being late is very bad" vs. "You are over-reacting".

In A Canterlot Wedding it was "Cadence is impolite unkind evil" vs. "It can easily be explained by stress that turns her into a bridezilla". In certain ways both standpoints are perfectly reasonable and thus the real axiom of knowledge against an entertaining but foundationally meaningless spectacle was Princess Celestia saying (and I quote): "Trusting your instincts is a valuble lesson to learn."

Because if you aren't suspicious about behaviors about someone you haven't met in many years and finally meet them in highly beyond normal circumstances, you should be extremely wary around them or else a monster army will invade.

Well put. I was using Twilight's behaviour in Lesson Zero to defend the mane 5's actions this episode, but I never realized the irony in Celestia telling Twilight to trust her instincts.

I think the lesson should have been something like: when you find an evil person everyone thinks is good, don't start screaming EVIL, be smart about it.

Edited by Lirael
  • Brohoof 1

Also, who else do we know has green magic on their horn?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Flim and Flam were clearly Changelings. I'm surprised no one figured that out as soon as Doppelganger Cadance's horn began to glow green.

I have to admit, with the addition of Princess Celestia's niece to the show, it raises a few questions to mind. Firstly, and most obviously, How many other relatives does she have? On the same note, who were her parents? Were did they go and will they ever come into the story? In the earlier episodes, the show made mention that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna took the throne after they had defeated Discord with the Elemants of Harmony, so that means that there is a BIG time gap between then and the events which are currently happening. So with that in mind, it raises yet another question about Celestia and her family, indeed Alicorns in general. If Alicorns are supposed to be the most powerful magic creaturs in all of Equestria, and also since Celestia has an entire family to back her up, how is it that Discord manage to come into power in the first place? Also are there other Alicorns out in Equestria that arn't related to Celestia, and if so were are they? One last question that comes to mind is where did they all go? I'm sure that there must've been alot of Alicorns around at one point in time, but now however there is just Celestia and her family. There are so many questions that still need to be answered. Hopefully Hub comes through and makes a rocking 3rd season that answers some, if not all, of these still lingering questions. But irregardless, The season finaly for season 2 was amazing and I couldnt've asked for a better ending for Twilight's brother and her friends :D. Thank you Hub for an amazing season, and an amazing show lols.

• Brohoof 1

These two episodes have already become my most watched episodes. Normally I can't rewatch episode too soon or I get bored easier but there's something about these two that make them entertaining to watch no matter how many times I see them. I think the songs have something to do with it and I've always loved disney films and this really has a disney feel at parts.

• Brohoof 2

On the same note, who were her parents? Were did they go and will they ever come into the story?

I always wondered that myself. That's two more toys they could be selling, why not utilize them?
  • Brohoof 2

I always wondered that myself. That's two more toys they could be selling, why not utilize them?

I know what you mean lol. Not only could they sell more merchandice, but they could also broaden the story line deeper. I mean think about it, King and Queen Celestia, ruler over another vast province out in the land somewhere. The possabilities are endless.

These two episodes have already become my most watched episodes. Normally I can't rewatch episode too soon or I get bored easier but there's something about these two that make them entertaining to watch no matter how many times I see them. I think the songs have something to do with it and I've always loved disney films and this really has a disney feel at parts.

Yeah, the songs really add a lot to the rewatch factor of these episodes. I can't get enough of This Day Aria...

The fact that they've attempted 44-minute continuous story arcs (three of them) means that they've ramped up enough production experience that they could modify their system and make a movie if they wanted to.

It's likely within the decision power of the management and executive realm if that will happen, though.

• Brohoof 3

The fact that they've attempted 44-minute continuous story arcs (three of them) means that they've ramped up enough production experience that they could modify their system and make a movie if they wanted to.

It's likely within the decision power of the management and executive realm if that will happen, though.

Then let us hope and pray that it indeed comes to pass.

I just watched the 1st of the two and my initial reaction: Twilight is going to be perceived as crazy then triumph over a fake bride.

Then i actually watched it and realized that Twilight was being a really huge... well, b*tch. And then evil bride. Terrific episode though, it's /very/ dramatic.

Also, why was her magic green? Isn't it based on the pony's color scheme?

I'm not actually sure if i'd enjoy that. I mean, the show is terrific, i love it to death, but shows that have made movies as well, i think are a bit over the top.
  • Brohoof 1

Also, why was her magic green? Isn't it based on the pony's color scheme?

If you haven't watched the second episode, see it, and don't look at the spoiler. But the spoiler is the reason.

The Princess Cadence you see at first isn't actually the real Princess Cadence. She's the Changeling Queen Chrysalis, whose color scheme is green. The real Cadence is locked in a cave of jewels under the throne room in the castle where Princess Celestia lives. Twilight Sparkle herself is locked in the same place after she declares her (correct) suspicions about Cadence's imposter. They get out actually fairly easy And Cadence's color scheme is light cerulean, like her eyes.

Anyway, I just LOVED the music. It was so catchy especially the This Day Aria, those rhythm and beat seemed as if they were of a Spanish semblance.

(edited)

I always hated Disney films and especially hated the musicals but these two episodes have an actual point that's shown in an elaborate artistic way. I love rewatching those musicals. Edited by Dr.McDoom!

I would definitely say these were the two most tense episodes of both seasons. But that's a good thing because they were so enjoyable. My hate then confusion then love for Cadance's character made it a roller coaster to watch. And of course I laughed seriously hard at Applejack's little move at the end (everypony probably gets what I'm talking about xD). Anyways, the story involved really opened some doors for season 3. :lol:

I quite liked the BBBFF song that Twilight sang, because I myself have an older brother, but he lives far away from me so I miss him alot. Touching.

Also, when he gets married, I'm gonna make sure the bride isn't a changeling.

• Brohoof 2