KBz

139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

ok, this ep was FRiGGIN' AWESOME!!! even if at 9:45 (or false cadence's line "what are you doing?") my non-brony brother and i looked at each other and said "dopleganger". totally called the villain halfway through the first half but still not a single damn was given as the fight was new and inventive, the resolution differed from past experience, the whole thing was just awesome! enough has been said about this ep, so i'll sign off with my impression being that I LOVED THIS FINALE!!!

my only complaint is that now i will have to wait far too long for the premier of season 3...

Alrighty, I'm gonna go ahead and post my reaction to this Episode real quick ;)

First off, I am more than pleased with this episode as it exceeded my expectations far more than I could have imagined. Apart from the beginning it was not at all in any way made for the specified age group you would expect of any My Little Pony series. They were appealing to everyone when they created this episode, and most certainly to us bronies and whatever you females like to be called :P I was honestly expecting that if they tried to appeal more to the large group of Bronies, that the show would suddenly cease to be as popular as it is was before. But no, this episode was made flawlessly, and I have absolutely no complaints with it at all. Okay, gotta admit that a little more Luna would have made it better ;)

Gonna make a list here of a few things that I liked loved about this episode:

• Twilight Sparkle having a brother - Of course, I knew this from before cause I was spoilered to death by the whole episode (Thanks guys) but learning of each of the Mane Six's family is a great pleasureto me.
  • Shining Armor - His design is perfect, and I Iove his personality. It is very much possible that he is the most important pony in Canterlot, aside from Celestia and Luna. Hmm... Shining Armor resembles me more than Klopp pony does... Too bad he's not a pegasus, or I'd steal him as my OC :P (As if I'd ever be able to get away with that XD)
  • Luna - I was confident she would be in the episode, but was hoping she would have a greater role. However, this is superceded by the fact that when Luna makes her entrance, she flies down to the planet from the Moon! Luna lives on the moon, it is officially canon.
  • Lazers - Twilight let off that first beam of pressurized electromagic purple plasma and my grin escaped from the confines of my face. Pretty sure I let loose a powerful Fluttersquee as well.
  • New Species - The Changelings are a spectacular addition. To be honest, I do get tired of the loving and tolerating; an evil race of love-absorbing shapeshifters is just what the show needed. And Queen Chrysalis and the Changeling's design are the perfect counter for the typical ponies of the show that fills a much needed sense of balance.
  • Celestia's fall - This scene was a bit cliché, but I loved it all the same. Although I seriously wanted to beat the hell out of Queen Chrysalis, even moreso than I wanted to tear Gilda's head off back when she made Fluttershy cry.
  • The Epic Battle - Personally, my favorite scene. Nopony can say this is just a show for little girls now. The battle here, although short, could easily have fit into any epic film and no one would even think that it was created for My Little Pony. Plus, the Mane Six showing off their actual fighting skills is something we've all wanted to see ;)
  • DJ PON3 - A necessary addition, in my opinion, and a great shoutout to the fans. Sad there was no Octavia, or did I just miss her? I hope it's the latter.
  • And last but far from least: Cadence - She is kind, loving, beautifully designed with a great personality and, above all, a marvelous friend. Sorry, Luna, but I must kick you off the pedastal as Cadence now occupies the role of Best Princess.
Edited by Klopp
Forgot the epic battle D:
  • Brohoof 9

This was amazing. AMAZING.

Those changelings look so cool. I can't wait to see all the fanfics using them.

DJ-PON3 :o

Rainbow sonic rainboomed for the THIRD time in her life.

Those epic battle scenes.

Luna's appearances.

Dat song at the ending.

This is my new favorite episode.

Edited by Zalgo

This was amazing. AMAZING.

Those changelings look so cool. I can't wait to see all the fanfics using them.

DJ-PON3 :o

Rainbow sonic rainboomed for the THIRD time in her life.

Those epic battle scenes.

Luna's appearances.

Dat song at the ending.

This is my new favorite episode.

Fourth. 1. When she was a filly.

2. Season 1 episode where she did it.

3. Lesson Zero

4. Now.

Loved everthing about this episode, just perfect. Except, however, the easy defeat of Celestia. That was pathetic, on Celestia's part.

I simply loved this episode. Superb animation, music... the drama fit perfectly together... I really enjoyed it.

I actually found it quite emotional too, I felt pretty sad towards the end; I guess that's just because I had an aching thought on my mind that it was the last episode for a long time. :(

Fourth. 1. When she was a filly.

2. Season 1 episode where she did it.

3. Lesson Zero

4. Now.

She did one in lesson zero? O_o

I watched that episode 5 times, how did I not notice that.

She did one in lesson zero? O_o

I watched that episode 5 times, how did I not notice that.

When she's destroying the barn, she used the Sonic Rainboom. KABOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When she's destroying the barn, she used the Sonic Rainboom. KABOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I know about that.

But I don't really think of it as a sonic rainboom, it looks too different.

• Brohoof 1

This episode was so awesome.

I find this should have been a movie and not a two parter!

I was not expecting the Candence in the first part to be an imposter. When she questioned Twilight about her funny dance from Twilight's filly years, I thought it was just from a lack of memory.

But I felt pretty bad for her, when everypony was mad at her for ruining the first wedding near the end of the first part.

WHY YOU NO BELIEVE TWILIGHT? :angry:

I loved the epic doppleganger (or changeling) fight with Twilight and her friends. I found that to be the best part of the episode.

People who think watching MLP makes you immature need to watch these two episodes. Those changelings, with their torn bodies, must look as bucking scary to little fillies as Mr.Faces from Amnesia are to us (at least to most).

The cold and distant way in which "Cadence" behaves, compared to Twilight's memories of her, instantly makes it obvious that she DID indeed change. I wanted to hit Armor on the head with a bat for not realizing it all this time, but he was pretty much bewitched, a fair enough excuse.

On the other hoof, Twilight's friends, despite having learned the importance of friendship (including trust) on several occasions before, turned their backs on her. Even worse, I couldn't believe Spike could follow them, considering how long he's known Twilight when she was still living in Canterlot.

BTW, in Lesson Zero, it's not a Sonic Rainboom. The rainbow effect is caused by RD's impact on the ground/barn, not supersonic speed.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

I'm guessing everyone noticed that Meghan McCarthy wrote the story for these episodes? She is a woman on a roll, every episode she has written has been fantastic.

I have to agree with what was said on EQD about this being the most epic episode yet! The story was very well written and it's true it feels like it was written for a broader audience. Hopefully they will continue this for season 3.

I was in so much suspense because because I was sure Candace was evil I had no idea how she would get exposed though and what would happen after that.

I was fairly convinced of this because because when she's first shown I was sure something was wrong when she didn't respond to Twilight. Twilight made her out to be too big of a deal to forget about her.

However, even with Twilight's confrontation and Shining Armour's explanationit still didn't change my mind due to thinking that everything Candace did were signs epically the mind control. I did get a flicker of doubt when it looked like Candace was going to comfort Twilight but the next scene was not that big of a surprise for me.

I guess that because she was initially presented as evil that my mind set on that. If the signs were more vague and hidden I probably would have had my doubts and had a better chance of being surprised, especially if they managed pulled off a different character being the antagonist and she was just under stress after all. That would have required much more time and character development though which the show didn't have.

After reading what some people have said about the ending and giving it some though I agree it would have been nice to see the it dragged out a bit longer but they had a time frame to keep to so they did what they had to without running it completely. Maybe one day we'll see a feature length episode or something. I sure as well hope so.

• Brohoof 4

This blew my mind:

Posted Image

Wow, those changelings have been planning this assault on Equestria for years.

P.S I loved the music, it was just perfect and very fitting. Everpony acted perfectly in character. On a side note, "This Day Aria" reminded me of The Little Mermaid.

It was the most fantastic ending I have ever watched.

Yes, it was just that amazing!

My face through the entire episode:

Posted Image

Edited by TheBrokenToast
  • Brohoof 2