139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Fan-tas-tic!

Despite the obvious shoehorning of Shining Armor and Cadence in Twilight's life, everything else about the episode was really satisying. They could no have pulled it better. Well, Celestia and the girls not listening to Twlight was a little sad, but given that it was a very important wedding, it can be excused. I hope we see more of SA in the future. Twilie is a fun nickname, btw. Now we only need to get some pegasi families (Fluttershy and RD) and everything'll be fine :3

Liked it!

That magical feeling I used to get from watching the old Disney classics in my youth...I just experienced it again.

Same here, these episodes were really on a whole 'nother level! :D
  • Brohoof 1

I would have liked a better explanation than "Shining Armor's love makes me stronger than Celestia". I'm pretty sure Celestia is beloved by most (if not all) of her subjects, so what gives? Also, I waited the whole time for Luna to swoop in and kick some backside :(

Still a very good episode and nice finale to a great season.

PS: Did anyone else have the feeling they changed Twilight's singing voice?

I LOVED THIS!!!

It was really something of Disney quality: Beautiful, epic, and an awesome plot. Lyra has an official voice now :D and it had some pretty cool songs. I only really have two complaints though:

-I felt like the changelings were defeated too damn easily. Honestly? They can change into anypony they want but they didn't use it to fool anyone (except the queen, of course). They could've just passed themselves off as a group of civillians being attacked, and when the mane 6 goes to help... BAM! Back stab

-They really should've introduced Shinning and Candace sooner, so that we'd have an actual understanding of the characters and an opinion on them getting married

• Brohoof 1

I thought it was fantastic, and I've only seen it in 480p so far! Looking forward to watching a higher quality version to get the most out of it.

All I could think when it finished was 'Now I have to wait for the next season'. I don't know how I'll cope. I'll have rewatched everything fifty times by then....

• Brohoof 2

Care to elaborate?

My reaction to a new episode, actually two new episodes in one day, then realizing it was the season finale.

Great way to end an awesome season!

• Brohoof 3

I thought Putting Your Hoof Down and Return of Harmony couldn't be topped. I was wrong~!

Also...

"When I moved to Ponyville, I saw less and less of him" (Twilight speaking on her brother, Shining Armor)

Implying she visited him/he visited her. When did this shit happen?

He's also REALLY close to his sister, and is never mentioned, ever.

My best guess is that it was done outside the show. The others seemed to know she had a brother by how they responded to Twilight's shock. But they didn't know his position in the Canterlot military.

• Brohoof 1

Admittedly it does seem a little weak that Shining Armor has never been mentioned before, but those were good episodes. I'm also pleased that they didn't fall back to using the elements of harmony as the solution to the crisis, and avoided the possibility of a "been there, done that" situation.

I hadn't watchced any screenshots, scenes or anything until today. I was blown away.

My parents were gone, so when twilight said "My brother?!?!" I was like (Twilight is my favorite character.)

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Wow. Princess Celestia finally does something! And fails...

Great episode, lots of music.

Though I'm wondering, if Luna was up at the watchtower the entire time, why was she unable to do anything when the changelings attacked the barrier?

• Brohoof 1

As i said before, i still think the Changelings where defeated WAY too easily, and that they should've introduced Shinning and Candence earlier (so that we actually know who they are, and have an opinion on their marriage), But it was still a beautiful episode nevertheless...

Can't wait till season 3 :)

Though I'm wondering, if Luna was up at the watchtower the entire time, why was she unable to do anything when the changelings attacked the barrier?

She's a heavy sleeper? ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I really enjoyed this episode, but i was a little bit disappointed at how they were defeated at the end. sure it was nice and all that the power of cadences love made it possible to defeat them, but i was really hoping we'd get to see twilight's true power come out. I was guessing that when shining armor couldn't do his spell anymore that twilight would cast it instead, and it would be even more powerful. I guess this also confirms that Luna can only come out at night. maybe she's in her smaller form from the first season pilot during the day, and becomes her normal form during the night. Another thing, when Luna arrived to take her turn during the watch, she came into the bubble from OUTSIDE Canterlot. where was she? i think that the decrepit palace where the mane 6 found the elements of harmony is Luna's home, now it's probably fixed up. back to the episode, the part at the end was awesome, DJ pon-3 cameo! and the pictures of Soarin and RD, Rarity and fancy-pants, total SHIPPING. They'd work so well together. Except i wonder who Fluer is to Fancypants?

They still didn't explain why cadence is an Alicorn and her relation to the princesses. PLOT HOLES EVERYWHERE

Ok guys this is freakin awesome.

Is that even happen to yu that you are so happy that it makes you are also sad because you lived a moment that will never happened again?

Aside from watching the episodes themselves, which were absolutely the best i can expect from a season finale... It ended with a very bright rainbow outside at my place. I have to say that the moment for it to appear & coincidence was very, very peculiar to say the least. And oh so fitting. I wont ever forget that. Let the third season come, i cant wait...

Mother nature helped making the moment more special than it already was, tie that together with "Love is in bloom". ^_^

I couldn't help but think that spikes "You don't even want to know what I have planned for the bachelor party" was more adult then it should have been. Overall the episode was great, but like the Toy Story franchise, it seems to be turning to be geared more toward it's older audience.
  • Brohoof 2

I totally loved the finale! Lots of laughs, lots of action, and some manly tears wear possibly shed. With all the hype Hasbro was creating I was afraid it would not live up to it. I'm glad I was wrong!

One question I have is: Where was Luna the whole time? It would have been awesome to see Luna take on the villain(didn't want to spoil for those that haven't watched it yet).

Most of mah big reactions came in Part 2 so....

When Queen Chrysalis reveals herself - "...what the....holy...damn! Thats one creepy thing!"

When Celestia is knocked out by Chrysalis - "Huh, its like Harry Potter. The one with the stronger beam of magic wins."

When the Mane 6 fight against the Changelings - "What the hell? Did I hear a smooch when RD helped up Fluttershy? :wacko:. Whatevs, looks like Twi makes best machine gun, or machine laser :P"

When Cadence and Shining Armor blast the Changelings away with the force field - "Is that the Everfree forest they blown back to? Wow, that place is more dangerous than I thought."

When the 2 get married - "They kissed? Didn't see that coming :huh:. Still, thats very sweet"

When Princess Luna shows up at the end- "Nah, you didn't miss a thing..."

The ending song - "Twi is singing?! Yay, I get to hear that singing voice :wub:!"

At the very end - "Isn't Spike a little young to host the bachelor party? There's.....alright, I get the picture :P"

After the episode has ended - ".......that..was..amazing. Now we gotta wait for Season 3 :(. I hope Applejack gets a song to herself. With only 13 episodes in it, they better have her get one http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png. Still....S2 is finally over :("

Overall, that episode was insane. It totally blew my mind how it would turn out. If only those annoying Tori Spelling skits didn't pop up at the beginnign of each commercial -_-. Still, best episode of the season, and probably the series in general :)

• Brohoof 4