Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A lack of mlp pegasus seraphim

Chronamut

I am actually surprised that luna and celestia are not seraphim, as seraphim are angelic beings, with 6 wings instead of 2.

I am also surprised there are not more examples in pony fan art. I only found a couple - being these two:

sig-4210539.arch_fluttershy_by_vicmanone

and 

sig-4210539.tectonic_robot___ar___by_dep

what do you think of seraphim? I would love to see luna and celestia seraphim - to date I couldn't find any - closest I found was a humanoid nightmare moon with 2 sets of wings instead of three sets.

here is a good example of a battle armored seraphim:

sig-4210539.seraphim_by_whisperinthestor

your thoughts? I think it'd make luna and celestia look even more divine. Alicorn seraphim! Maybe the next level!

Edited by Chronamut
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm, interesting idea, but seraphim are actually rather rare outside of christian or christian-inspired works (Japanese works notwithstanding). MLP draws more from greco-roman mythology than anything else, hence rarer creatures like the chimera.

Plus, y'know, the writers seem to want to avoid anything that would imply the Princesses are "divine." 

• Brohoof 2

goddess_by_kodokunashiroiokami-d9duib6.j

rarityseraph_by_nefyfeiri-d9g73ou.png

It's an uncanny coincidence that both of these pics were posted in the past couple of days.  I saw them, was like "Seraphim ponies?  Cool." and then you made a topic asking about them specifically.  It's almost as if a higher power were at work.....

• Brohoof 2

So.....I have not heard of this at all until now. Neat. It is a rather interesting concept, I guess in MLP it would translate into Godlicorns. 

It's an uncanny coincidence that both of these pics were posted in the past couple of days.  I saw them, was like "Seraphim ponies?  Cool." and then you made a topic asking about them specifically.  It's almost as if a higher power were at work.....

You are now the master of coincidences! XD

I have summoned my desires into existence. All is good :)

those pictures are glorious. Now I summon 3 pairs of wings for luna and celestia!

The video only shows 2 pairs of wings - I think her tail is supposed to substitute for the third pair..

• Brohoof 1

Fascinating thought. How the other ranks of angels from the Maimoinidic systems fit into it would be interesting too. Mind you, many of the other ranks of angles are exceedingly vague in description.

• Brohoof 1

Probably because winged ponies are based of the Greek-Roman Pegasus, and those didn't really have more than the standard pair. 

It would be interesting to see. A multiwinged pony. Maybe in S6. Or EQG4. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't even know that this was a thing.

This is rather interesting to say the least.

Not something that I would see happening in the show, but has some pretty great fan art.

no just a giant gleaming energy pony with rainbow mane blasting enemies with the divine light of friendship hahaha..

usually the ultimate villain takes on the form of a seraphin - at least in videogames.

sig-4211660.rarityseraph_by_nefyfeiri-d9

:wau:

Behold Rarity's final form!

Actually I find the concept of seraphim ponies interesting, and now that you mention it @Chronamut ... it is surprising that we haven't seen more depictions of the ponies this way. 

:wau:

Behold Rarity's final form!

Actually I find the concept of seraphim ponies interesting, and now that you mention it @Chronamut ... it is surprising that we haven't seen more depictions of the ponies this way. 

I think it's because, as was mentioned above, most people are not even aware that seraphim exist, or are a thing. 3 pairs of wings makes everything look awesome :)

I know an artist that does Seraphim pony stuff. But only for the higher "god" entities in her fanverse.

Aka, the ponies of Lauren Faust and Bonnie Zacherle, the Goddesses of Creation and Origin respectively:

sketchadoodle__fausticorn_by_earthsong94

mlp__bonniecorn_by_earthsong9405-d6v7igw

Edited by ShadOBabe