Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If a character was to die in MLP who should it be?

cider float

Well the parents can b**** and complain all they want, Hasbro doesn't have to make it child appropriate. They can even make the show appeal to the cloppers if they wanted. They make the show however they want.

Going to be honest, I kind of get the feel they started aiming the show at a much older audience than they started with anyways. Alot of the later stuff and EQG stuff seems innappropriate for the 4 year old audience they were shooting for initially and make playskool toys for.

Not sayings it "UBER MATURE!" but I do kind of feel they aren't really focused so much on whats appropriate anymore. Though that might just be a changing landscape in what's "Appropriate" for kids (like the amount of killing and nightmare fuel in the current TMNT show)

post-33206-0-56523600-1448417305_thumb.png

Definitely Celestia. The amount of emotional impact this would have on all of the other characters would be rather huge and that would justify the point of it. 

I think lunas death would have a bigger impact as it would imply that while celestia had a millennium to have fun luna was banished to the moon in stasis possessed, and then comes back and is offed in her youth.

Death in FiM is something that's a touchy subject for a lot of people.  Also being the kind of show it is, I can't really see any characters being outright killed off.

That said, if it was a temporary thing that only lasted an episode (two at the most), then that might be doable.  I don't know how it would be handled, but if there were a way for a villain to temporarily kill the members of the mane six one by one and leave Twilight by herself, we might have a great two part episode filled with emotion that could carry it to its conclusion.  Of course, in the end the characters would have to be revived so the story could continue beyond that point.  But it would be interesting to see.

Edited by SBaby

Wait, didn't Sombra die in his episode?

If you disregard the comics,  yes. Otherwise, fans turned out to be right that he was able to survive as a horn. (or more likely the writers thought it was a good headcanon and used it to appeal to bronies)

980883__safe_idw_king+sombra_spoiler-col