Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If a character was to die in MLP who should it be?

cider float

let discord be evil again and destroy Twilight, I am so done with her. She's been the main person for to long, and tries to sneak in episodes that don't belong to her.

ex: forgot what it was called, but it's the one where the cutiemark crusaders meet each other- Twilight, sneaking in at the end to write a letter- you suck twi

IMO, I'd Say Celestia for thematic reasons.
The old guard stepping aside for the younger generation to take over would work as a final closing to twilight's arc with celestia entrusting Equestria to her and possibly even the other five as well.

I kind of feel that if the show ever has a definite "End", celestia leaving the mortal world behind would be a nice final bit.

After that, Rainbow dash. She's cocky, brash and the element of loyalty so she's dedicated to others above all else. As such, I could easily see dash doing a heroic sacrifice and staying behind to hold off or fight a much more powerful foe in an act she knows is basically suicide; a fight that she couldn't win but that she'd know she'd have to do anyways in order to protect others.

I could also see twilight performing a spell of some type that would drain her life force and cause her to expire, with her doing it regardless in order to fulfill her duties as a princess in order to stop a villain.

Wait a second. I thought Lauren Faust said you can't even HAVE death in My Little Pony.

But if I had to guess, I'd go with Celestia or Luna sacrificing herself for the savior of Equestria.

To quote aladdin "You'd be surprised what you can live through"

post-33206-0-93020600-1448346261_thumb.png

Twilight, because main character and it would make some interesting story line. She goes missing then turns up losing her memory completely changing her personality forever. Her personality dies and she becomes a whole new pony. A pony named Fred who enjoys the finer things in life like grilled cheese.

Edited by Kipsy

Twilight, because main character and it would make some interesting story line. She goes missing then turns up losing her memory completely changing her personality forever. Her personality dies and she becomes a whole new pony. A pony named Fred who enjoys the finer things in life like grilled cheese.

>Trixie becomes the new element of magic in her place

950019__safe_solo_upvotes+galore_smiling

Probably one of the older characters. Like Granny Smith or Uncle Apple Streudel. Then there could be an episode about the Apple Family making a memorial to him/her. Unfortunately, that's likely to be deemed too sad for a show like this.

-Celly would be my first thought: being a caring and beloved ruler for at least a thousand year, would be heartbreaking 

-Grany Smith: She's already old, and due to how close the Apples are.....

Out of the mane6: Fluttershy would cause the most uproar among the fandom due to being the moe poneh in the group, but I think Twi's, Dashie's, Pinks', and Rares' deaths would be worst for the show: Twi's would be the loss of their leader, Dashie for not fulfilling her dreams, Pinks' for missing the most cheerful pony, and Rare's probably due to a self sacrifice of generosity 

I'd rather a character not die, but instead show flashbacks of characters dying, for example AJ's parents, being shown how they died.

We don't know anythong about them dying, infact we know nothing about them at all, just let AJ has Granny Smith to take care of the family. Just because they never appear on screen does not mean they are dead.

I hesitate to comment on this because it's my first official post and it's a rather contraversial one but despite my love of RD I really think she could have a meaningful death.  Being the element of loyality and a pony of action, I could easily see her putting her life on the line to save any of her friends, especially Twilight or one of the Princesses and if she was ever a full fledge Wonderbolt, being that they're kind of Equestria Military (I think?) it would make sense that she would be put in a position that could have that result.

If I was a fanfiction writer, I'd write something about this. Maybe incorporating Scootaloo in there some how. She'd finally learn to fly herself, and then have to come to terms with this....leading to her having to decide if she wants to carry out her dreams of being like her role model or going down a safer path. Someting like that.....

• Brohoof 1

We don't know anythong about them dying, infact we know nothing about them at all, just let AJ has Granny Smith to take care of the family. Just because they never appear on screen does not mean they are dead.

Haven't you seen all the episodes? If not, season 5 episode 18 has this. (Major spoilers, it's a show changing episode! Watch it first if you haven't already!)

In season 5 episode 18, the CMC get their cutie marks and then AJ says ''If your parents were here, they would be so proud''. If their parents were alive, they could just simply send a letter.

None. If any of the characters in the show die, the parents of the children who watch the show are probably gonna start bitching about it and will be like the whole "Last Roundup" situation and the animators will have to re-edit and re-write the episode.

• Brohoof 1

On 2015-11-23 at 7:43 AM, gamecubeguy214 said:
I'd rather a character not die, but instead show flashbacks of characters dying, for example AJ's parents, being shown how they died.

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey
  • Brohoof 2

None. If any of the characters in the show die, the parents of the children who watch the show are probably gonna start bitching about it and will be like the whole "Last Roundup" situation and the animators will have to re-edit and re-write the episode.

It can be just like transformers the movie!

optimus-dies.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Well the parents can b**** and complain all they want, Hasbro doesn't have to make it child appropriate. They can even make the show appeal to the cloppers if they wanted. They make the show however they want.