Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does the Cutie Remark outright destroy the idea of Equestria being an utopia?

Bendy

Is it still a utopia?  

22 users have voted

1. 1. Is it still a utopia?

• Yes.
    • No.

Does anyone agree that The Cutie Remark outright destroys the idea of Equestria being an utopia?

The King Sombra segment alone proves this.

War and death is now truly a real thing in this show and seems to outright smash the idea with a sledgehammer that Equestria is an utopia. It can fall into darkness if they aren't careful.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

No matter how pure a world may seem, there is always corruption and evil..

Equestria is another world, and though it's majority of dominant life is kind at heart and is good.. :)

There is also creatures that are evil and dangerous, and things that they fear can destroy Equestria and their very lives..

Whether that be timber wolves, other dangerous mythical creatures, or forces that they cannot control..

Even some corrupt or mislead ponies can threaten their world.. and purge it into darkness (if they aren't stopped)

The ponies fighting is no new thing.. Before the foundation of Equestria, the races themselves fought each other..

But even with peace, if it is not maintained, war is inevitable.. It's only a matter of if, how and when..

Even other dimensions can be a threat.. such as the "opposite" ponies from the other dimension (As shown in the MLP:FiM comics #17 onwards)

Where all the good ponies are bad and all the bad ponies are good could threaten Equestria..

As their world is more dominantly evil than the one we know of, there is a far more likely

chance that at least 1 evil pony could find a way through and wreak havok..

The episode "The Cutie Re-Mark" hasn't ruined the fact that Equestria is a Utopia..

The fact remains is that Equestria never was.. but that doesn't mean it's not peaceful :P

Edited by AURAequine

I don't really consider Equestria a utopia in the first place, mostly because of the apparent elitism it exhibits, but even if it was, a utopia needs to be maintained, just like anything else. Just because everyone is happy doesn't mean there isn't work to do.

If it was an Utopia, it would've been perfect from the start. We saw the everfree forest in the second episode, so we know that there are actually things in this world that can kill you.

So basically, nothing was destroyed about Equestrias world.

• Brohoof 1

Equestria was never a utopia in the first place even if some aspects of it tend to be idealized.

To put it simply one can not destroy what never was or is.

Edited by UnknownFry
  • Brohoof 1

I AM EMPEROR ZURG,

*Heavy Breathing*

I believe the cutie remark did not destroy the idea of Equestria being a utopia

because Equestria was never a Utopia prior to it, the majority of it's citizens are segregated by race and the higher upper class reap the labors of the poor. Their Monarch, praised as she may be, chooses to live with the rich and powerful far above the peasantry, sitting on her throne ,as she enlists others to do her duties. As far as past experience are concerned, Bridal Gossip has also shown their common folk to be highly prone to xenophobia acting upon their primal desire to fear what they do not know

Your Glorious Emperor,

Zurg

• Brohoof 2

Well, if it was a Utopia, then there won't be any problems in their world. And that the many fights on there would not have happened.  

Well, I hope Twilight and Starlight take a long shower after their fight :P Especially Twilight, I think we know why the TImberwolves attacked her. lol xD 

Equestria is not perfect, but a perfect world would be boring. Equestria might not be a utopia (no sir no), but it still has a lot of good. This episode made me believe for the first time that friendship is the most powerful magic. 

The good from Equestria is not unattainable by us (or is it?).

I agree with the others too. Sure the world is beautiful and such, but there will always be dark elements as well that may cause harm like the Everfree forest containing unknown creatures that are not safe to encounter, or even Starlight Glimmer's time travel quest for revenge against Twilight, which also alters the future each showing the villains conquest, and worst post apocalyptic setting in which Equestria is a wasteland which might mean all life there is extinct. I guess the Mane 6 existence is what makes Equestria as is today, they're like the ones that maintain balance or something along those lines.

• Brohoof 1

I think that Equestria is what I would call a practical Utopia, which means to keep it in near utopia status requires constant upkeep.  This is a reasonable human ideal and an all but practical pony one.

At the end It was clear that the near utopian society was re-established.  So there is no evidence against Equestria being a near utopian society.

• Brohoof 1

I think it depends on how you might define a utopia. If you mean a place with minimum war, corruption, poverty, etc., then it feels that Equestria is as close as you can get. If you mean one with absolutely none of those things, and in which absolutely none of these things are possible, then I'd say it's, yeah, impossible.

I never knew why some people saw Equestria as utopia, there are bad things and very horrible almost happened. The shows focus is on nice things but that does not mean Equestria is a utopia any more than ordinarily sit-com shows are set it utopias.ta