Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Rainbow Dash got tortured in the S5 finale!

TheMarkz0ne

I really hate how Rainbow Dash got treated this finale. I will list the horrid things that happened to her.

-Sonic Rainboom delayed, Dash gets made a fool of( I will let this one slide, it needed to establish the problem)

-She had a metal wing, I doubt it was armored, clearly she had it torn off.

-Boulder almost crushed her

-How did a changeling capture her? Seriously! Rainbow also wouldn't sound like a coward. 

-Nightmare Moon forced her to have a dreadful buzz cut. She was also NMM's slave.

-Starlight Glimmer shot her with a powerful magical beam.>:(

I know it's a show. But come on... They were aware of what they were doing to Dash.

• Brohoof 2

-How did a changeling capture her? Seriously! Rainbow also wouldn't sound like a coward. 

You're assuming that the changelings had first captured dash before they showed up at the village. Nothing says Dash couldn't have fled from ponyville and escaped with them taking her form anyways afterwards when they showed up at zecora's ;)

-Starlight Glimmer shot her with a powerful magical beam.> :(

You left out "Twilight shot her with a powerful magical beam ;p XD

1032055__safe_fluttershy_meme_screencap_

• Brohoof 4

In the context of the episode, none of those events actually took place. They were all possible futures (and possible alterations of the past). When Starlight finally saw reason, she did not interfere with filly Rainbow Dash, and events took their normal course. None of the things Twilight witnessed took place. Nothing bad happened to Rainbow Dash at all.

• Brohoof 4

In the context of the episode, none of those events actually took place. They were all possible futures (and possible alterations of the past). When Starlight finally saw reason, she did not interfere with filly Rainbow Dash, and events took their normal course. None of the things Twilight witnessed took place. Nothing bad happened to Rainbow Dash at all.

Unless we're operating on Multiverse theory and those timelines still exist. Twilight might have gone back to her timeline but that doesn't mean she destroyed the other ones Starlight created. XD

• Brohoof 5

Unless we're operating on Multiverse theory and those timelines still exist. Twilight might have gone back to her timeline but that doesn't mean she destroyed the other ones Starlight created. XD

Speaking of multiverse...At least Starlight never ended up creating a Cronenberged world like Rick and Morty did! I don't think I could take seeing Cronenberg Equestria!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Speaking of multiverse...At least Starlight never ended up creating a Cronenberged world like Rick and Morty did! I don't think I could take seeing Cronenberg Equestria!

And now you just made me imagine Twilight and Spike leaving a screwed up timeline for a timeline where they just died and proceed to replace that world's Twilight Sparkle and Spike!

And now you just made me imagine Twilight and Spike leaving a screwed up timeline for a timeline where they just died and proceed to replace that world's Twilight Sparkle and Spike!

OMG! Now we know the REAL story of why Twilight suddenly had wings!

• Brohoof 1

It doesn't matter to me.

Rainbow Dash is my least favorite character on the entire show, so this is no big deal to me.

• Brohoof 1

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS 

GUYS

What if Rainbow Dash is the villain of that final alternate future?

She kept getting magick'd by two random unicorns until the last attempt finally pushed her off the edge

The last timeline was caused by RD seeking revenge only to destroy everything in the process

giphy.gif

Edited by Thrillho
  • Brohoof 3

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS 

GUYS

She kept getting magick'd by two random unicorns until the last attempt finally pushed her off the edge

The last timeline was caused by RD seeking revenge only to destroy everything in the process

The prime timeline is when she breaks the sound barrier; the final timeline is when she broke the light barrier.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 2

I know it's a show. But come on... They were aware of what they were doing to Dash.

In the end Rainbow Dash got a ego boost, after Twilight explaining how important the rainboom is, so all's well that ends well.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest I found the short mohawk fitting Rainbow Dash's style. Technically it would provide less aerodynamic resistance when she's flying.

And seriously Rainbow Dash was still in the Wonderbolts even when she didn't get her cutie mark that fated day which shows she is still given more credit than ever.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

And seriously Rainbow Dash was still in the Wonderbolts even when she didn't get her cutie mark that fated day which shows she is still given more credit than ever.

Fluttershy was there too, so I don't see how that is a great achievement.

Fluttershy was there too, so I don't see how that is a great achievement.

Why wouldn't it be? Rainbow Dash made Wonderbolts like it's so hard to get into but she still made it in without a cutie mark.

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS 

GUYS

sig-4257045.giphy.gif

She flew so fast she did a double rainboom and blew Equestria away? ;D

• Brohoof 1

TBH I wouldn't class any of those as Rainbow Dash being treated "badly" - they're all things that happened in the service of the plot. Bad things happened to her in the alternate timelines, as they did to everypony, because of the war etc. But we got to see Winter Soldier Dash (all I can think with the metal wing XD) being a badass fighting Sombra's army, it's not like she was written OOC or cowardly or anything less than what you'd expect from her character in those circumstances. That's one thing I really liked about the finale, how the alternate versions of the M6 made sense for their characters, or at least you could see how they'd gotten to that point. Serving Nightmare Moon might not be fun, but I don't think Dash would mind the buzzcut - it looks pretty cool and would probably be better for flying, etc. As for filly Dash, Starlight (and Twilight) might have frozen her a few times, but it didn't seem to physically hurt her? And she at least had fun watching them fight XD

I get that it's tough watching bad things happen to characters we love, especially in a show that's normally so light and cheerful, but I don't see that as Dash being treated badly by the writers - that would be more if she was written really OOC as mean or cowardly, or if we were meant to think she "deserved" any of the bad stuff that happened to her, or even if she just didn't get a role at all. I thought what we got to see of her AU versions were pretty awesome, even if she didn't play a big role in stopping Starlight, but then none of the M5 did either, so...yeah :dash:

Edited by Coco before Pommel
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash not doing a Sonic Rainboom prevents her from developing her bloated ego aspect and the rest. Alternate timelines had her more militarize serious and in line with the group.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Why wouldn't it be? Rainbow Dash made Wonderbolts like it's so hard to get into but she still made it in without a cutie mark.

Wasn't Fluttershy in the same league with Rainbow Dash even if she could barely fly ? I think they were class mates sort to speak. So any pegasus could get there regardless of performance level.

Treated poorly?  She looked totally badass with that cybernetic wing, hardcore mane style, and chipped ear:

03711e8ac1.jpg

Think about it... Say, hypothetically, Twilight had a magical camera, and snapped this exact picture.  Then, at the end of the episode when everything was back to normal, she decides to show [the real] Rainbow Dash this picture of her.

In my opinion, I can just hear RD saying, "Oh my gosh! I look so AWESOME!"

~ Miles

• Brohoof 3

Treated poorly?  She looked totally badass with that cybernetic wing, hardcore mane style, and chipped ear:

03711e8ac1.jpg

Think about it... Say, hypothetically, Twilight had a magical camera, and snapped this exact picture.  Then, at the end of the episode when everything was back to normal, she decides to show [the real] Rainbow Dash this picture of her.

~ Miles

I didn't actually notice she had a cybernetic wing...that's pretty cool. In my opinion, I think that was the coolest alternate timeline in the episode. I think it would make for a pretty awesome fanfic.

Wasn't Fluttershy in the same league with Rainbow Dash even if she could barely fly ? I think they were class mates sort to speak. So any pegasus could get there regardless of performance level.

Now that I remember Fluttershy was just shaving sheep fleece not a Wonderbolt.

sig-4258982.03711e8ac1.jpg

~ Miles

Rainbow dash is probably one of the things that most people remember most from the episode truth be told XD

I kind of wish that they'd make a brony collectible figure of Apocalypse dash myself, like how they made Nightmare night dash. Unfortunately, I think we're getting a bit late into the show's life cycle that hasbro is probably wary of making too many special things for bronies (there's like none out in stores now except for the power pony ones which are aimed at little girls just as much as bronies)

medium.png

I'm just going to go on a limb and say that she was willingly working for Nightmare Moon in that future. And the fact that as a grizzled war veteran she was still fighting after getting slashed across the eye, having a chunk of her ear ripped off and her wing torn off only to be replaced with a cool prosthetic like in Deus Ex or Star Wars shows how much of a badass she was in that future. 

Plus, some got it worse. Everyone in the Sombra timeline was miserable, the Crystal ponies were turned into brainwashed shocktroopers, and ponykind was basically facing extinction against the changelings.