Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

countryman

I know there is a topic to be human in the MLP human world, but what if you could be human in the MLP universe?

where would you live?

what would you have?

Would you be open or secluded?

personally, I would love to live in the woods secluded but not alone I would have the pleasers of this wold that I own (music, computer, my truck etc.) but would not abuse or over expose them to the citizens of ponyville. To be a keeper of the peace. much like the Jedi. It's something I've thought about

• Brohoof 1

If I had to live in Equestria, I'd actually prefer to stay human. I'm too used to having hands.

I'm thinking I'd have to live off on my own somewhere though, away from the ponies, and that would suck all the fun out of it. The ponies would probably be very distrustful of a human-- sort of like how they reacted to Zecora, only much worse.

• Brohoof 1

Then I could casually walk around naked and claim to the ponies it was normal! XD

But in all reality I would prefer to be my blue flanked pony sonna ya see in my avatar.  B)

• Brohoof 1

Tbh, any human would probably find the outer edges of the Everfree the safest place. It has natural weather and trees, give or take a magical plant or two so would make a good potental sport for a human to make a house and a farm without inpacting the ponies. XD

huehuehue

I've thought about this quite a bit :P

I'd be a theif.

Think about it. Humans aren't as fast, but we're more nimble. Our thin fingers could lift items from saddlebags much easier than hooves or magic (which would require moving an object telekinetically with someone's movement patterns while simultaneously not being able to feel their movements yourself). We can slip through tighter spaces than a pony's wide body, slip through narrow and sharp turns that their long bodies cannot bend through, and can climb much better with hands than hooves ever could. Not to mention feet make MUCH less noise than hooves

And as a calling card, I'd leave a rose at every crime scene, along with a paper with the signature "Dusk Rose".

I'd become a legend in Canterlot, like bigfoot or the loch ness monster. Nopony would be familiar with humans, so all they'd see is swift darkness pass by, uncannily silent, as if the shadow itself had come alive, with movement flowing like water, slipping through impossibly narrow alleyways, and gone in an instant... Along with that coin purse hanging temptingly from your saddle bag. In its place is only a rose and a note signed from a creature the likes of which Equestria has never seen.

I'd live in the crystal prison beneath Canterlot, coming out only at night, and on nightmare night, amusing myself by watching the few ponies that would try and dress as me, guessing my wardrobe and attempting any tricks they knew that could make them appear as uncanny as a human would seem to other ponies out there.... Perhaps I couldn't resist the temptation to appear to one of them just to see their reaction, before disappearing through another infamously tight corridor with a chilling cackle.

Edited by Hocus Pocus

If I had to live in Equestria, I'd actually prefer to stay human. I'm too used to having hands.

I'm thinking I'd have to live off on my own somewhere though, away from the ponies, and that would suck all the fun out of it. The ponies would probably be very distrustful of a human-- sort of like how they reacted to Zecora, only much worse.

I'd say the same for myself as well. There's probably a couple nutty ponies like the many fan interpretations of Lyra that'd at least be open to a friendship.

Given enough time, you could build trust within a small community. If a chaotic individual like Discord can manage it, I'm sure a decently friendly human could also.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Humans in Equestria is so wrong :eww: Anything but that!

We do know for a fact that humans turn into ponies if they come from the Equestria Girls universe, so, the more you know! :mlp_icwudt:

On 10/18/2020 at 8:42 PM, Splashee® said:

We do know for a fact that humans turn into ponies if they come from the Equestria Girls universe, so, the more you know! :mlp_icwudt:

Wait, have we ever seen anyone native to the Equestria Girls universe step through the portal? I've watched barely any of Equestria Girls, but I only recall natives to regular Equestria go through (going from pony to human and back again).

On 1/1/2016 at 12:56 AM, Kadae said:

Given enough time, you could build trust within a small community. If a chaotic individual like Discord can manage it, I'm sure a decently friendly human could also.

The later seasons have a fair amount of emphasis on welcoming new species (griffons, hippogriffs, dragons, changelings, yaks) to Equestria, so adding one more to the mix shouldn't be too tough.

Which is good because there's no way in hell I'd want to come to a place like Equestria and not experience everything it has to offer. Get a sugar rush at Sugarcube Corner, play around in Las Pegasus, try to drink the water in Rainbow Falls, use my technical skills to help ponykind, live up to my username, and so on.

Ponyville looks like a logical choice for a place to live (being roughly central to Equestria, convenient if I'd be traveling all over the place), or possibly Canterlot.

13 hours ago, HedonismBot said:

The later seasons have a fair amount of emphasis on welcoming new species (griffons, hippogriffs, dragons, changelings, yaks) to Equestria, so adding one more to the mix shouldn't be too tough.

True! Back in 2016 I didn't have the foresight to know what would become of our beloved pony world in the then future seasons, so I'm glad it turned out the way it did! :twi: