Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I found a dialog error

Discordian

Well, it's because if no pony won't be rationale or reasonable about a situation between a two settlers, then they're not considered a pony or a buffalo, according to Twilight's calculations. :D

In the episode Over The Barrel Twilight says "anybody" instead of "anypony" when the Appleloosins are preparing for war against the Buffalo.

D:

Haaa! They messed up! also, in sisterhooves social...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Ice

maybe she was referring to both the ponies and the buffalo? in which case anypony wouldnt work, and anypony-or-buffalo would sound stupid.

yeah im grasping at straws here...

• Brohoof 2

They don't always have to say everypony ._.

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to always say everypony or everyone, not everybody, but as Vinyl said, they've goofed up several times throughout the series. I don't worry about it too much. You'll find tons of mistakes if you really look for them. Edited by Apple Bloom

Hmm.. That's not the only time they messed up, it actually happens quite often.

Additionally, in that specific example, it can be argued that she was talking about both the ponies and the buffalos. Buffalos aren't ponies, so "everybody" was a more appropriate term (since, you know, both are/have "bodies" )

Everypony can only be used when referring to specifically ponies with one or two outside parties (Spike and other nonponies). Everybody is used when talking about every creature in Equestria as a whole. All the times when they say 'everybody' instead of 'everypony,' see if it might mean everyone that is in Equestria instead of just everyone around them. I'll have to watch the episodes myself to figure out as this is just speculation.

• 6 months later...

*bumping for the purpose of continuing the discussion on the previous thread that just got locked*

The way I see it, “-body” suffix words do not exist in that world. They are simply script errors, in my opinion. In our world, we say “-body” because our earth his dominated by a human population. The etymology from the “-body” suffix words refer to US, humans, souls in anthropomorphic human bodies. Thus, the term is derived from the majority race.

In the world that Equestria is in, ponies utilize an alternate derivative of our version of the suffix, “-pony”. In this case, the etymology is supposedly from the fact that the planet's dominant race is ponies– foals, colts, fillies, stallions, mares, earthies, pegasi, and unicorns.

In addition, they may also use the suffix for referring to less-dominant creatures, such as common house pets. There are no humans in Equestria (soon, Lyra, soon...), thus I do not think that the term “-body” is relevant nor do I think it makes sense. Like I said, I assume it is just a simple scripting error.

• Brohoof 1