Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which "map pairings" would you like to see in the next seasons?

Pulse Wave

For me, it's:

Rainbow Dash & Applejack. Easy-peasy, you might say, but the key to their success is to stop bickering, for Rainbow Dash in particular to overcome her ego, and to work together instead of competing. However, it shouldn't be too easy for Applejack either. I would make it so that Rainbow Dash tries to do it on her own because she's that awesome, and that Applejack tries the same because she don't need no help from nopony, especially not from that feathery loudmouth to whom she'd have to admit her weakness and need for help. At the end, they'll have to help each other.

Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy. Destination: Las Pegasus or a similar town in the sky. Must be so hard on Fluttershy that Rainbow Dash will have to learn how to build her up without hurting her feelings by trying to grind her to a badass like herself, and Fluttershy will have to learn another lesson about courage and assertiveness. She does have diplomatic skills, I'd say she'll have to learn to make use of them in front of a crowd or something, and convincingly so.

Twilight Sparkle & Rarity. Sounds easy again, throwing the two unicorns into the same situation, but give them something they both can't cope with at first, something that neither beauty and style nor piling magic upon magic will fix, and see what'll happen. This will have to take place somewhere rural to make them both fish out of water. Or send them to a city, maybe even Canterlot where they're both known already, so they'll feel too safe at first, what with being in a surrounding they're used to.

Now we have Rainbow Dash blocked for both seasons, Pinkie Pie not at all, the rest for one season each. Pinkie and Applejack already get at least one "family" episode per season, so it'd take a lot of convincing to make that one work. And Fluttershy and Rarity seems too obvious, too, and it'll require a well-chosen setting to be interesting, something that's easy for neither of them.

So, alternative pairings:

Pinkie Pie & Fluttershy. Hoo boy. The most extroverted pony of all and the most introverted one. Also known as The Andrea Libman Show (which will have to be in the same season as The Ashleigh Ball Show starring Rainbow Dash and Applejack). Whatever the story, Pinkie will have to learn to tone her loudness and obnoxiousness down while at the same time teaching Fluttershy to be more outgoing when she has to. This setting simply begs for a Fluttershy solo song.

Now I need the remaining two pairings. We already had Applejack & Rarity, and Applejack & Pinkie Pie is running in the family anyway. So one would have to be Rarity & Pinkie Pie. One's a party machine, one's too stuck up. Needs to be something where they meet in the middle. I'd like to send Rarity to a city again, just to find out that being in a city doesn't always make for an advantage for her. And it has to be made clear that a wild party out of thin air won't save anything.

This leaves us with Twilight Sparkle & Applejack. That'd be earth pony traditionalism vs. unicorn magic for everything. This could be enhanced by the fact that a farmer pony has to work together with an alicorn princess. I'd suggest an urban setting again, but not Manehattan. Applejack is the usual fish out of water, and Twilight Sparkle isn't recognised as the princess that she is. She will think that, being the Princess of Friendship, it'll be easy to get things done, but she won't get anywhere without Applejack who in turn will have to learn a thing or two about diplomacy.

Come to think of it, this would be a great episode for the map to want Starlight Glimmer to tag along. Starlight will still have a lot to learn about friendship, but what she can already provide is experience in dealing with other ponies. As I already said, Applejack has a diplomacy deficit, and Twilight Sparkle is still somewhat socially awkward, but Starlight Glimmer has once ruled over a village and not been brainwashed or so ever since. At the same time, Applejack will have to keep two powerful unicorns from running the place over with magic.

Something else I'd like to see, regardless of already planned pairings, is Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Generosity meets the über-ego. However, Rarity would have to learn about not being too superficial. Then again, this one would work very well in a city like Baltimare or Fillydelphia because both should feel safe in a busy city environment at first. Better yet: They both crave for limelight. That's something the episode could play with. However, I can see two problems: One is to make this different enough from "Sonic Rainboom". The other one is that it'd be an episode about two hot-headed ponies, both of whom tend to overreact.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy and Applejack. When has this dynamic even been explored outside of Bats? (Which was not a positive one). I cannot think of an idea, but I would sure enjoy seeing these two interact for once.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie. Again, the interactions with them is not explored often enough. We could have an episode where Rarity's maturity (how she acts with the high-class ponies) clashes with Pinkie's childish behavior.

I really just want to see how certain characters pair up with each other.

Rarity and Rainbow Dash (After Rarity Investigates, I'd like to see them interact more)

Fluttershy and Applejack (They don't interact all that much in the show, so I'd love to see them work on solving a problem)

Rarity and Pinkie Pie (Again, they don't interact all that much.

Finally, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy (Two ponies so different with one another, I'd love to see them find common ground with one another)

Hoping for more underused pairs. AJ and Flutters, Rarity and Pinkie, Twilight and Rainbow. Hell, I'd love to see an Applejack and RD again, we haven't had one of those since like what, Fall Weather Friends? Back in S1?

Edited by Megas75

My absolut favourite pairing so far is Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.

Why is it so?

I think the ultimate extrovert and the ultimate introvert could show many ponies,

how they become friends and so far everyone are able to become freinds.

Or one of my suggestions is, that Fluttershy helps out Marble Pie to become more confident.

Yes i knew, this is no map pairing. But I want see this.

The next interesting Pairing is Fluttershy and Applejack.

Anyway I wonder why we don't see more interaction from these two.

Edited by Redhatbrony
  • Brohoof 1

I think AJ with Twilight might be a good pairing. I personally think that these two would have made a better pair in the hooffields and mccolts, because AJ might have actually told Twilight that she was being too crazy with the books. Also, being a farmer herself, she might have had more success resolving that type of conflict.

Wish no.1 in mine heart is Twilight and Rarity, easy.  Contrasts are really the best, but so of course the show's already showed us a lot of those; so instead of that: Rare and Twi seem to be pretty similar, but still like they'd have a lot of natural chemistry.  It'd be interesting to see that really exploited in that they bicker little/there's little to no conflict between the two of them, but it's just them versus some other thing.  Or that'd be too much, when compared to how the other pairings play out.  eh, it's a dream.

Pinkie Pie and Rarity

Twilight and Applejack

Applejack and Fluttershy

Fluttershy and Rarity

Twilight and Rainbow

Pinkie Pie and Rarity

Twilight and Applejack

Applejack and Fluttershy

Fluttershy and Rarity

Twilight and Rainbow