Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Do The Staff At Hot Topic Treat Bronies?

GXPBlast

Many of us know of have experienced the negative stigma and looks when it comes to buying mlp merchandise at any store especially when you are a male.

Hot Topic is known to sell stuff for teens and adults who like cartoons in general even those aimed at a younger audience.

However, there is still that possibility especially when you are a guy when you walk up to the counter and try to pay for a bunch of mlp stuff that the cashier may look at you weird or give off negative vibes.

But there is also a chance that the cashier will be very nice and accepting due to the nature of the store and be used to bronies and other cartoon fans alike regardless of age of gender.

Please share your good and negative experiences when shopping at Hot Topic as a brony. How were you treated compared to other places you shop for mlp merch and did any of the staff there help you out?

I'm not really a brony, but I've seen them make purchases at Hot Topic before and I have to say: they are generally treated pretty good. The staff at Hot Topic are generally used to being looked down upon by the "normal" crowd so they are very understanding of people usually. Most of the time I see Bronies are quite welcome there and the staff are usually very friendly. I asked some of my friends that worked there how they feel about working for Hot Topic and most of them are very content with how the store treats them. You can dress how you like and be yourself at Hot Topic, but the only real complaint I get is that it's fairly low pay, however that's to be expected because it's retail.

When cashiers get uppity about the people they serve they've done something horribly wrong. They don't get paid enough for their opinion to matter. Hot Topic sells MLP-related things so they'd be alienating customers.

• Brohoof 2

Every time I've bought merch from Hot Topic they've treated me very well. They don't bug me when I don't ask for help and It doesn't seem to bother them that I buy MLP merch. ^ ^

I've never had an issue with buying MLP merchandise from Hot Topic.

I think this is because i'm a female and it's a tad more... expected?

• Brohoof 1

I go to the Hot Topic in Minot whenever I go to town. I know a few of the gals who work there now, as I've asked them numerous times questions about MLP merch (specifically, shirts in my size. I can never find them. :( )

We get along just fine, and one or two of the employees there are Bronies themselves. They're used to me meandering around for pony things. They're really nice folks.

• Brohoof 2

I've never had issues with the staff at any of the Hot Topic stores I've visited. They've always been friendly and helpful whenever I've talked to them. Considering they sell pony merchandise, it wouldn't make sense for them to bite the hand that feeds them, anyway. The looks I get (or rather lack thereof) when buying pony-related stuff there are no different from when I've purchased Minecraft merchandise there. Honestly, a lot of the people there are probably just as nerdy as I am, if not more so! :lol:

Edited by Dolphanatic

I have only been to one Hot Topic, several times, and I have always been treated very nice by the employees. They are always helpful and if I ask about MLP merchandise, they are very helpful.

I mean, if they wanted to treat bronies like crap, then they picked the wrong job. 

• Brohoof 2

the hot topic employees treat me very nice! :)  But some arabic guy at "Go! Games and Toys" (which is right across from my hot topic)

Stares at me every time i look at pony stuff. I think he even laughed yesterday. :(

The workers are nice. 

Seems kinda pointless to work at a place that sells pony merch and then feel negative emotions towards people buying said pony merch.

Plus, that'd cost a possible purchase and I'm pretty sure they'd rather make money, not drive away paying customers.

(edited)

so hot topic has mlp stuff? Maybe i'll shop there.

Hot Topic has been selling MLP merch since the fandoms beginning, but not as much as they used to at least in store, Most of their MLP merch is online, but during restocking days there is always something added to see in store.

Edited by GXPBlast

I've never purchased MLP merchandise from Hot Topic in person (they has a website).  I have, however, purchased MLP stuff from Dollar General and Wal-Mart whilst physically being in the store.

No one cares; they really don't.  When you're a customer buying an item, you're treated just about precisely like a customer buying an item; I can't imagine Hot Topic employees being all that different.  Perhaps, at the very worst, you're being silently judged.  Which...  Probably happens to a lot of people regardless of whether or not they're buying a pony brushable.

• Brohoof 1