Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media David Bowie and Alan Rickman died

Lithophila

Conspiracy theory idea but.. They died at the age of 69... of cancer. David Bowie died some days earlier. Today it was known that the actor Alan Rickman also died the same age and in the same way of cancer.

Sucks that they died though. But i am just wondering on your views in general?

Edited by Lithophila
  • Brohoof 1

Purely coincidence. Also the fact that they were both British makes it even more creepy, but conspiracy theory? Like someone decided "I really hate Harry Potter movies and Labyrinth" and gave them..cancer? Dr. Manhattan?

Plus his name is Alan Rickman. Fantastic actor with a long career, including Hans Gruber in Die Hard and a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company. 

9e9f837278fb2fd1ca2d376b5d7e805f812f279c

• Brohoof 5

Sad to hear they both died recently but it could be simply coincidental that they both had cancer and were 69 years old when they passed away. Wouldn't really go to the conspiracy theory route because of those reasons.

Edited by EQ_Theta
  • Brohoof 3

I'll change the title to Alan Rickman in respect of him. I just wrote it because i feel more know him from those series.

My honest opinion. 1st and 2nd Harry Potter movie was ok, the later on with gritty stuff and lack of school as focus made me lose interest though. But overall... A really excellent actor!

It's a terrible turn of events. I'm particularly cut up about Bowie, but it seems he was quite aware of it coming.

And, conspiracy? Really? Come on, can't we just respect that we just lost two major social icons?

• Brohoof 4

I personally don't know David Bowie, but I'm sure there is a good reason people like him so much. As for Alan Rickman, I do know him, and his death saddens me a lot; two icons died, and that's sad :c I won't say anything about the Conspiracy part of this topic....  :mellow:

• Brohoof 2

I personally don't know David Bowie, but I'm sure there is a good reason people like him so much. As for Alan Rickman, I do know him, and his death saddens me a lot; two icons died, and that's sad :c I won't say anything about the Conspiracy part of this topic....  :mellow:

Bowie was a significant icon in the music industry. He chose to put his all into music and really defined the pop genre of its time. His music videos always pushed to be something new. Original artworks that tried to push what could be done visually. Beyond that he was amongst those pushing for human rights and equality, especially in the LGBT community. He was truly passionate about what he did, and even through to recent times he was active and always striving to do well.

He wasn't a perfect person, of course. There's plenty of controversies surrounding him, especially in regards to drugs and questionable sexual acts. But really you could say that for almost anyone famous of his time. It doesn't entirely justify it, but it is understandable why things happened the way they did. Above all, he was a good person who did wonders for music, television, and society as a whole.

• Brohoof 2

Bowie was a significant icon in the music industry. He chose to put his all into music and really defined the pop genre of its time. His music videos always pushed to be something new. Original artworks that tried to push what could be done visually. Beyond that he was amongst those pushing for human rights and equality, especially in the LGBT community. He was truly passionate about what he did, and even through to recent times he was active and always striving to do well.

He wasn't a perfect person, of course. There's plenty of controversies surrounding him, especially in regards to drugs and questionable sexual acts. But really you could say that for almost anyone famous of his time. It doesn't entirely justify it, but it is understandable why things happened the way they did. Above all, he was a good person who did wonders for music, television, and society as a whole.

Oh, I see now who he is. Thank you 

Edited by Xeltor
  • Brohoof 1

David Bowie was the first guy (correct me if im wrong) who hold an internet server back in the dial up modem days just for forums, music downloads, entertainment...kinda like this forum, without him this or Google or etc might've existed later

His death brought grief in the name of technology innovation.

As for Alan Rickman, so many people here are saying so im gonna keep it simple, you will always be in our heart Alan/Hans

Never knew David Bowie that much. And I mostly remember Alan Rickman as Snape.

Either way, RIP both if them, they will be missed. Also,

"You have your mother's eyes"

I was always partial to Rickman's role in "Quigley Down Under". A truly great cult classic western.

I remember Bowie best for his role in "Labyrinth". A childhood favorite of mine.

Two great men that left their mark on modern pop culture, they will be missed.

I am not belittling these two's deaths by buying into any conspiracy nonsense, as conspiracy theories ALWAYS are! (And no, I don't find them the least bit humorous, ironically or otherwise.)

That being said, with the recent passing of Lemmy Kilmister in addition to David Bowie, it's like the Ragnarok these days!

I'm really sad about this. Harry Potter was a huge part of my childhood, and Die Hard is one of my favorite movies. I also liked Rickman's role in Galaxy Quest. David Bowie I mostly knew for Space Oddity, but he had a major impact on pop culture. Even MLP named characters after a David Bowie album and song (Diamond Dogs). R.I.P. David Bowie and R.I.P. Alan Rickman.

So many famous people are suddenly dying from cancer :(. I wasn't really a fan of David Bowie but may he Rest in Peace. 

Alan Rickman however i feel quite upset that he's died due to him being in one of my favourite movie series, Harry Potter.

Rest in Peace Alan Rickman

(Why couldn't it of been Donald Trump??????????)

• Brohoof 1

It truly saddens me to see these great artists parting away from our lives. It's hearthbreaking to know we will eventually lose a lot more people in the upcoming years. Bowie's loss hit me specially hard, i've always enjoyed his music, and his paper as the Goblin King in Labyrinth too.

Its sad we lost these men of talent and change who captured us both on the stage and the movie screens!     Snape was half the reasons I even watched the H.P movies and being a 80's child,  David was on my top list of music in listening!