Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

YouTuber MrRepzion, Goes On The Attack Against Bronies

GXPBlast

Well known YouTube user MrRezion known for his political, social, and entertainment commentaries online has gone a a huge tangent on bronies and furries. I thought of him as a rather open minded person but in this video he goes after bronies  and furries while using most cringy videos to overgeneralize both in the negative stereotype. Sure there are some parts of the fandom that have these type of bronies, which I thought MrRepzion was all against in terms of overgeneralizing people in any fandom. Instead of taking a neutral approach he goes an an all out attack on the whole fandom for a handful of cringy videos I even had problems watching as a brony.

I still like MrRepzion as he puts out alot of great videos but I find it a new low and hypocritical of him to paint bronies in the overall negative stereotype that many people he goes about criticizing in most of his videos for being close minded. What do you guys think?

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't be surprised if he made these videos solely for views. Far too many anti-brony videos exist just to get cheap views and subscriptions.

But as for the video, it is certainly silly. The fandom isn't perfect, but it isn't the way this person portrayed them. If there was a good video regarding the fandom, it will most likely talk about both its strengths and weaknesses, as well as why this community is so tight in the first place.

• Brohoof 6

I wouldn't be surprised if he made these videos solely for views. Far too many anti-brony videos exist just to get cheap views and subscriptions.

But as for the video, it is certainly silly. The fandom isn't perfect, but it isn't the way this person portrayed them. If there was a good video regarding the fandom, it will most likely talk about both its strengths and weaknesses, as well as why this community is so tight in the first place.

Which is why I was so surprised the video he put out as MrRepzion does not come off as the Youtuber who makes these types of videos. Most of his videos do try to portray the good and the bad as well as coming to the defense of targeted minorities. Its very out of his nature to make videos like this. Either he is going through a rough period and taking it out on people like us or he is a much different person off of Youtube.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not taking anything he says seriously until he faces VeganGains on the Drunken Peasants. Seriously, I'm getting pissed off that he keeps something finding ways to avoid coming on the show with him.

• Brohoof 2

There really isn't much content to the video, it's just him showing videos of rather extreme bronies (the last of which was a parody) and then saying "MLP is CANCER!!! Get over it."

It feels like click bait, It's very poorly put together and its as if he knew that making this video would net him plenty of views. It's this kind of pandering to the stereotype that keeps people irrationally hating large groups of people, such as bronies.

Of course though, I'm not denying that there is weird people in the fandom. Its just when people latch on to the extremists and then generalize a group because of that that frustrates me. It's immature and a terrible way of arguing your point.

• Brohoof 7

You know, a good way to deal with these kinds of people/videos is by not posting them, not sharing them, and ignoring them. These kinds of people usually just want attention

• Brohoof 6

Who gives a shit what he has to say? Both of those videos are full of guilty by association and appeal to incredulity fallacies with very little actual substance. Both of them especially he brony one are about shock value and nothing more. I clop and even I cringed at the first and third examples (especially the third that guy is either an attention whore or needs to get some help) but didn't think the second one was all that bad because I can understand why someone would want to do something like that as a screw you to the haters. I understand what it is like to like someone and then have them say something narrow minded and stupid, I used to listen to radio talk show host and documentary film maker Alex Jones all the time but while he speaks the truth on a lot of things he is increasingly becoming a judgmental prick on certain other things and has gone so far to the right on social issues that I barely recognize him sometimes. Sometimes it is just best to take whatever good information and points you can from people while acknowledging the bad.

• Brohoof 6

Repzion is a moron, so I don't give two shits about what he has to say. He is the same moron that constantly has to rely on sex jokes in his videos now because he wants 'the views'. That and he want his viewers to pay for certain things with his patreon. I was subscribed to him for a while, but I saw a HUGE drop in quality in his videos and now he comes off as a complete jackass to me. These videos just further that point. He is a hypocrite and to me, he is an idiot. 

• Brohoof 9

Well known YouTube user MrRezion known for his political, social, and entertainment commentaries online has gone a a huge tangent on bronies and furries. I thought of him as a rather open minded person but in this video he goes after bronies  and furries while using most cringy videos to overgeneralize both in the negative stereotype. Sure there are some parts of the fandom that have these type of bronies, which I thought MrRepzion was all against in terms of overgeneralizing people in any fandom. Instead of taking a neutral approach he goes an an all out attack on the whole fandom for a handful of cringy videos I even had problems watching as a brony.

I still like MrRepzion as he puts out alot of great videos but I find it a new low and hypocritical of him to paint bronies in the overall negative stereotype that many people he goes about criticizing in most of his videos for being close minded. What do you guys think?

You could basically say the say thing about pretty much any fandom or group. There are wackjobs in every group. And yeah, those bronies in the video were pretty disturbing. 

.... also.... I'm a Clopper. So, I must be a wackjob and it totally automatically makes me either a neckbeard or Ted Bundy by the way he's speaking about bronies. I think it's safe to say not all Cloppers (and probably most of them are aren't monster either) are monsters either. I don't even like other furry animals, just ponies, because I see the ponies from MLP FIM as basically human in my own twisted way. 

I'm not stupid enough to make a video of myself and post it on youtube, where I declare my love for ponies in that way. Because I don't want to commit complete social suicide. 

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 4

>Usually goes against stereotyping

>Posts two videos stereotyping bronies and furries, respectively

>Buffalo Man posting too much greentext

Jesus Christ, son! Talk about sellin' your soul to the devil! How hilarious of him to use stereotypes to bash two fanbases when he himself fits into them more accurately than them by being a bigot. I didn't even bother finishing fifteen seconds of either vid because the posts here explain everything for me.

I got something that fits nicely about him now:

13953783092_54352f67f8_o.jpg

Repzion is an imbecile. Screw him. B)

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 10

Can't say I'm into clopping. Can't say I care if anyone else is. Can't say I care about some random youtuber's opinion.

Last summer when I first joined this forum, I would have been deeply upset by such outwardly spiteful and antagonistic content, but I have since learned to take it in stride. Can't please everyone, and some people are just looking for things to be angry, disgusted, or cynical about. To put it in terms of one of my favorite phrases;

"Haters gonna hate, ponies gonna pwn!"

Keep being awesome Bronies. That's all you can really control.

• Brohoof 4

There a lot of bald assertions in this video that express an opinion.  And honestly I could care less about an opinion and bald assertions as they dont prove anything.  People like this are idiots for attacking the bronies themselves and not the actual substance of bronies.  The problem people have with clopping is engaging in special pleading about this kind of sexual activity and tend to ignore the fact that there are many weird fetishes.  Honestly I am just going to ignore such people and go on my merry way.

(edited)

Repzion is a moron, so I don't give two shits about what he has to say. He is the same moron that constantly has to rely on sex jokes in his videos now because he wants 'the views'. That and he want his viewers to pay for certain things with his patreon. I was subscribed to him for a while, but I saw a HUGE drop in quality in his videos and now he comes off as a complete jackass to me. These videos just further that point. He is a hypocrite and to me, he is an idiot. 

I see your kicking some plot in the comment section of the video. :angry::fiery: 

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, I always felt like Repzion was rather sheltered from the world. In his earlier videos he talks about how he lived with his overly sheltering Christian parents who prevented him from even looking at other viewpoints and then when he moved out he finally got to experience them, so I always kind of understood that he comes from a VERY new perspective to the world so I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

You know, i was a regular viewer of his since 2011. I was very interested in his social and political commentaries and how he defended people, that are considered "weird" by society. I grew rather bored of him though by 2015. He also made commercial during his vids and what not, which is okay as long as it's not too big.

However, after his Furry rant (even before his brony rant), i kinda consider him a cheap shot artist now and a hypocrite, which incredibly dissapoints me, because i always admired him.

• Brohoof 6

I do believe I've watched this guy a couple of videos before. I didn't like him solely because he was boring.

But I don't think he takes on the sentiment of an anti-brony, he's more on how there are bronies that get upset when they flaunt themselves too much which makes no sense because when you put yourself out there, one must expect to get into upsetting circumstances. And I don't doubt that other nerdy fanbases (which I believe Repzion would also fall under) would also raise their noses up at bronies.

I was a bit disappointed in him too, as I am a subscriber on his channel as well. This totally let me down because I also think he's kind of openminded about most things, just sometimes he's way too sensitive and goes too crazy about things. This was just really stupid and he didn't even show his face while blabbering on about this. This was just dumb of him and I cannot see a reason to why he would do this crap.

• Brohoof 1

It looks like his most recent videos are an attempt to get more subscribers by bashing more infamous groups and fandoms on the internet, since the numbers for his channel have been stagnating-which usually means that that a channel is slipping into obscurity.

He probably saw how popular these types of videos are with some other Youtubers, then there is also the free publicity that comes from the people who are outraged and share the video or talk about, which gives the videos more views from the communities that are the subjects of said videos.

This tactic may lose subscribers or burn away some goodwill, but it will also earn subscribers and viewers from people who have a strong resentment towards these communities or simply stop by to laugh at the comments of people who are outraged, which nets these videos even more views.

Then there is the follow-up videos with the most outraged and over the top comments or threats (I Hate Everything follows this pattern) and Repzion just did with the Furry video, which makes these communities seem even worse-as the negative points made in these videos seem vindicated in the eyes of the public, plus it leads to more views and subscribers because people like drama.

tl;dr It's more or less outrage clickbait and it's better to ignore these videos.

• Brohoof 4