Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will there ever be a national My Little Pony day?

ManaMinori

There's national days for just about everything in the U.S. (national drink wine day, national doughnut day)

Will there ever be a national mlp day? What do you think the requirements are to make a themed day officially national?

Why does My little pony need a special holiday? If MLP deserves one, then Transformers, Thundercats, Silverhawks and Masters of the universe also deserve one.

• Brohoof 2

I could see there being a day within the fandom that commemorates the beginning of the series. It could be recognized on October 10, in honor of 10/10/10 when the pilot aired. Also, did you know "Sonic Rainboom" first aired 5 years ago today, on 2/18/2011?

• Brohoof 2

Informally among fans? Sure, I could see it. @On-Locoweed mentioned October 10, the premiere of the show, a date which makes the most sense to commemorate.

Well, I highly doubt that there's enough people to celebrate it. Also the show will be relevant for a few years more maximum.

yet, the mlp franchise will cotinue

Which is why I said My little pony day, and not Friendship is Magic day

Why does My little pony need a special holiday? If MLP deserves one, then Transformers, Thundercats, Silverhawks and Masters of the universe also deserve one.

why does Star Wars, or Doughnuts, or wine need a special holiday?

I highly doubt that the franchise will stay relevant when FIM ends.

why does Star Wars, or Doughnuts, or wine need a special holiday?

Because Star Wars actually reach the hight, of an international phenomenon in just a few weeks. MLP has just reached cult status.

Go out and ask people what they recognize more.

And i doubt MLP will matter for the next 40 years like Star Wars did.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I highly doubt that there's enough people to celebrate it. Also the show will be relevant for a few years more maximum.

That doesn't stop National Webcomics Awareness Day. You'd be hard pressed to find webcomic fans on the internet, let alone anywhere else. :lol:

unless the vast majorty of people in the world like 75% of the population watched mlp there will never be one

why all the people in the world? Do you not know the meaning of "national"?

As in, only a day of acknowledgement to something specific to just a nation of people....as in, just a country...

I highly doubt there will be a national holiday, but it's possible that Hasbro might have a "My Little Pony day".

it's hardly an ask for a holiday. National dougnut/ wine/ Star wars days are mere acknowledgements to the item/product. They're nowhere near holidays

@@Nightmare Muffin,

That doesn't make much sense, in that case what nation would you make have national MLP day? They are spread all over the world x)

how does it not make sense, to you?

Are doughnuts, Star Wars, wine (and whatever else the U.S decides to give a day of acknowledgement to , by giving their own "national x day") strictly found within the borders of the U.S?

@@Nightmare Muffin,

You were getting huffy when someone said about it being international, you then replied saying you would want it national as in a country, I asked you in that case what country would that be? If the holidays you mentioned are only in the US borders, star wars  and the others, then they are national, if other countries celebrate it then they are international.   :dash:  

Edited by Jestwinged

@@Nightmare Muffin,

You were getting huffy when someone said about it being international, you then replied saying you would want it national as in a country, I asked you in that case what country would that be? If the holidays you mentioned are only in the US borders, star wars  and the others, then they are national, if other countries celebrate it then they are international.   :dash:

I'm not getting huffy. Dougnuts exists in other countries outside the U.S. Wine exists outside the U.S. Star Wars eists outside the U.S. but to my knowledge, it's the U.S who goes above and beyond for dedicating a day of acknowledgement to every little thing. Crounuts, dogs, what have you. Naturally, with it all being labeled at "national" something or another day, it would be a day of acknowledgement strictly within that particular nation.