Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who Would Be Applejack's Boyfriend?

AndrewKnapp

An interesting question being asked, who do you think would be Applejack's boyfriend? I've read some things by other people that have Thunderlane as her boyfriend, but that might be inaccurate. What do you think?

(edited)

Fancy Pants. Yes, you heard me. Fancy Pants & Applejack is crazy enough to work.

Or shock all the RD shippers and pair her with Soarin'.  

Edited by PiratePony

Fancy Pants is a unicorn that lives in Canterlot! That's NOT gonna work!

Also, why do a lot of people pair AJ with Soarin? I've seen that a LOT and I have no idea why. I guess AJ and Soarin could crossbreed and have a kid, but they're two different races. That just seems weird to me.

Not Trenderhoof, I hope

AJ hasn't had any meaningful interaction with male characters apart from Spikewho's Rarity's, and Big Macintosh and Braeburn, who's her brother and cousin respectively

• Brohoof 2

No way!The Sheriff is technically an adult, even though he doesn't look like one. Plus, do you REALLY think AJ would date someone with a mustache? Braeburn doesn't work either because dating your cousin is just weird, AND I just watched Over a Barrel, and he seemed way too hyped up over his hometown:

"AAAA-PA-LOOSA!!

Really? I know that's where you're from, but when you showed the Mane 6 all the "sights", you were too excited doing it.

• Brohoof 1

My real answer in the spoilers

Rainbow Dash or Rarity cause I like AJ being into mares :3

full.png

Now if we have to pick a "boy" friend in this scenario, I say I'll go with the only guy I've ever done art of her with.

sig-3801929.applecord_by_billyggruff-d8v

Her down to earth cowgirl personality and Discord's chaotic nature would make for a really fun romance imo. 

• Brohoof 1

Not Trenderhoof, I hope

Trenderhoof should be destroyed. He's not fit for any pony. (PS Rarity is awesome, but her taste in dudes has been atrocious.)  

• Brohoof 3

Me, of course!  :pinkie:

In all seriousness, I think the kind of stallion Applejack would be interested in is one who is not only as independent as she is, but who actually has no problem relying on her to take care of herself. She certainly wouldn't want to be treated as if she's helpless or shouldn't be expected to pull her own weight. 

Oh, and one who's honest, obviously.  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

I think that Applejack is fine alone. We already seen her take care of problems, and have responsibilities much larger than having a relationship. She's not the type that fan-girl over some stallion, sorry Rarity! She's more humble, and takes life maturely.

If she'll ever have a special somepony, he'll had to be considerate and respect that pony, because that pony is pretty tough.

• Brohoof 3

No way!The Sheriff is technically an adult, even though he doesn't look like one. Plus, do you REALLY think AJ would date someone with a mustache? Braeburn doesn't work either because dating your cousin is just weird, AND I just watched Over a Barrel, and he seemed way too hyped up over his hometown:

"AAAA-PA-LOOSA!!

Really? I know that's where you're from, but when you showed the Mane 6 all the "sights", you were too excited doing it.

Applejack is a young adult.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, I smell heteronormitivity. How do you know she'd have a boyfriend? Actually, she can even be asexual or aromantic. Why assume she'd have a boyfriend, and that he'd be a character we already know of?

It's all just speculation. It's nice to have a little straight shipping in this fandom where lesbian shipping is so common. There's nothing wrong with gay ships of course, but it's nice to have some variety.

• Brohoof 1

All you plebs and your Rarijack. It's time for the real OTAJP to regain its rightful place on the throne

large.png

You know, for a second, my brain just turned the title of this topic into "Would you be Applejack's boyfriend?"  I was about to jump in here and scream, OF COURSE!!  Lol.

Problem is, with so few males on the show, there's not much of a pool to draw from.  I can't really even think of a stallion that would be an ideal mate for her.  How about The Dude?  Yeah, that sounds good.

(edited)

All you plebs and your Rarijack. It's time for the real OTAJP to regain its rightful place on the throne

sig-4451435.large.png

I don't know, I find TwiJack to be pretty boring, both are usually too levelheaded for much shinnanigans. Rarijack is as popular as it is because it's a dynamic that has a lot to it and is pretty easy to make fun.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

There should be more male ponies even as minor characters for possibilities. Now I do not really see anyone. But maybe Double Diamond could work personality wise, but we do not really know much about him.