Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I want your suggestions on what to experience in this fandom

Dark Tempest

This is my first actual topic, so bare with me if I post it in the wrong section and if the title is not the best.

So i really enjoy this fandom, as it is one of the first major ones that I have been in. I have only been a Brony for a few months now and other than watching the show and listening to some music, I haven't explored much else of this fandom. So I am asking my fellow ponies to give me some suggestions on content I should experience, whether that be some music to listen to, clips and videos to watch, or fanfics to read; I just want to see more of this fandom and I wasn't quite sure where to start. Thank you very much for reading this and offering any suggestions.

• Brohoof 2

I find that PMVs are a good way to discover new music (whether brony tunes or not), The Collaboratory are a good starting point there. If you are into animation there are some very good ones out there, I highly recommend Lullaby for a Princess by WarpOut- sublime animation there. Argodaemon is a good starting point if you are into more SFM type animations.

You've already mentioned the music, so sounds like you got that covered.

Also, like it or loath it - EQD is good for some discovery, and can at least put you on the right tracks for finding things that interest you.

Hope this helps :)

• Brohoof 4

Thank you for the suggestions! I will check them out soon.

Your recommendations were amazing, I absolutely loved Lullaby for a Princess and I really enjoyed Witchcraft by The Collaboratory.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Bronies The Musical is kinda cute, in a certain way. I would also recommend the My Little Dashie video, Gamenut321, Pistol Packing Brony vs. Obnoxious Teenagers, FritzyBeat, northgarden, Fallout Equestria, FlutterRex, Vinylicious, and Above Cloudsdale.

Edited by GeekySonic
  • Brohoof 2

Well,  i'd recommend The Lost Narrator if ya want some fanfic readings, and ZXInsanity, Jakewhyman, and Trixfordakidz if ya want mind-numbingly WTF vids, and JHaller's "Top Ten Pony Videos" series is a great way to find pony vids of all types! 

• Brohoof 2

Equestria Daily really is your one stop shop of all things in the brony fandom, music, art, fanfics, and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pepUBawa3k

From what I can recommend personally in terms of my experience. I would recommend the following:

-Bronies the extremely unexpected adult fans of my little pony, a documentary about the fandom made by in collaboration with the fans and John de Lancie.

-Or I highly recommend Saberspark's Ballad of the Brony.

-In terms of musical artists I have a few you can peruse. MandoPony, Wooden Toaster, Living Tombstone, Aviators, Bronyfied, Prince Whatever, Cyril the Wolf. (Yeah I'm old school, brony since season one!)

-Specific songs. "Epic AMV, 7 artists" was my first PMV, back before they were even called that. There's also Nightmare Night, Loyalty, Heroes, Beyond Her Tomb, A Long Way from Equestria, Proud to be a Brony, Chain Algorithm - Friends Forever Remix.

-Next fics, On a Cross and Arrow, It's a Dangerous Business Going out Your Door, The Vinyl Scratch Tapes, My Little Dashie, Arcadia, and Past Sins all come highly recommended. Of them all though, FALLOUT EQUESTRIA! Seriously, fan of the games or not, that story is one of the BEST stories I've ever read, fanfic or otherwise. I cannot recommend it enough!

-Lastly there are some video productions, such as radio adaptations of some of the above fanfics and really good PMVs. One series that really sticks out though is Doctor Whooves Adventures by Pony in a Box productions. Really quality crossover in the spirit of the classic Doctor Who radio dramas.

• Brohoof 1

Incoming shameless plug! You should check out all of Poniverse's other communities - MLP Forums is just one of several projects that we operate. :)

• Pony.fm - unlimited pony music hosting, streaming, and downloads
  • Ponyville Live! - convention coverage and 24/7 pony radio
  • PoniArcade - pony-themed Minecraft and Terraria servers
  • Equestria.tv - share videos with others in real time - also hosts weekly episode streams and other events

Volunteering with fandom organizations can also be incredibly rewarding - personally, that's where I've spent most of my time in the fandom. I see on your profile that you're studying computer science - Poniverse is always recruiting developers if you're looking for cool side projects. ;)

• Brohoof 5

This is my first actual topic, so bare with me if I post it in the wrong section and if the title is not the best.

So i really enjoy this fandom, as it is one of the first major ones that I have been in. I have only been a Brony for a few months now and other than watching the show and listening to some music, I haven't explored much else of this fandom. So I am asking my fellow ponies to give me some suggestions on content I should experience, whether that be some music to listen to, clips and videos to watch, or fanfics to read; I just want to see more of this fandom and I wasn't quite sure where to start. Thank you very much for reading this and offering any suggestions.

Yeh I guess its just a friendly thing, and a way to make friends.

The music is fun

PMV's are okay

There's a lot of cool fan made animations and artwork.

• Brohoof 1

- Everything YouTube Bronies have to offer (PMV's, the Anthologies, short animations, JHaller's monthly top tens (haven't checked if these are still running), etc.)

- SmileHD (this is worthy of its own category) WARNING: this is gory as hell.

- Check Equestria Daily out. It's useful for finding new stuff.

That is all. Good day.

• Brohoof 1

I have checked out the majority of what you all had recommended to me and I have to say, thank you sooo very much for all of the suggestions. I really appreciate the help in finding more exciting things to watch, read, and listen to in this fandom. Hugs for all from Dark Tempest!

• Brohoof 1

• Fan music!
  • PMVs (music videos)
  • Animations
  • Art
  • Fanfics
  • Artisan Crafts

These are among the most popular things in the fandom. 

Some of my favorite musicians include, but not limited to, Archie, BlackGryph0n, d.notive, FritzyBeat, Aviators, Silva HoundAllLevelsAtOnce, Alex S., Wooden Toaster, Zaqho, MicTheMicrophone, etc.

Check this playlist of good brony music. I've been compiling and adding to that list for almost 3 years now.

PMVs are numerous, many of ultra high quality. Some PMVs are in a flashy, special effects style, while others are in a more custom animated, motion graphics style.

Just like the music, I have been compiling a list of some of the best PMVs for several years now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uEOtdFSBnk

Ponies at Dawn album. Unikorn - Starlit Flames - Disarray

Edited by Elemental Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

For me , the love of the show , community, and sense of being accepted and welcomed with open arms by many is a good part of the fandom. I am trying to think of good fics: university days, the most precious gem, my little dashie. Mainly most people are friendly on the forums . Good luck and welcome aboard.

out of my experience, in the early days/weeks/months, there will be a massive boom in terms of friends, content and interest. i'm not saying you lose those feelings later but they die down after a while. again, this is my experience