Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hoping for no pop songs

TheAnimatorOfficial

The score and soundtrack need to resemble actual filmmaking like Disney and Dreamworks do. It needs to resemble the environment of Equestria, pacing, and characters near perfectly to really immerse the audience.

I suggest Ingram listens to Michael Giacchino and John Powell for inspiration. Those two are legends when it comes to animation.

I think you put your hopes a little bit too high there.

Besides, Ingram is a very talented enough producer, that he can stand on his own legs, instead of copying something that he is not.

• Brohoof 3

While I highly doubt the music will resemble the pop music present in the Equestria Girls movies, I don't think the MLP movie is going to get off without at least one pop-ish song. It remains to be seen, so I'll wait to judge for myself whether or not that would be a bad idea.

I don't really see the need to worry about something like this.

There will definitely be poppish like songs in the movie.

Because the majority of the songs in the show are basically pop songs.

But Daniel Ingram has proven time and time again to be able to create really great and creative musical numbers such as in episodes like Magical Mystery Cure and even Rainbow Rocks.

With him on board for the songs in the movie, I am pretty sure we are going to get some really catchy, memorable and enjoyable moments to come out of it.

It's an animated kids movie

Doesn't really need a dramatic orchestral score, which would clash horribly with the visuals

It's like laying "Yakkity Sax" over the Battle of Helm's Deep

I'm not saying like Inception or anything but Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks still have amazing scores.

I don't really see the need to worry about something like this.

There will definitely be poppish like songs in the movie.

Because the majority of the songs in the show are basically pop songs.

But Daniel Ingram has proven time and time again to be able to create really great and creative musical numbers such as in episodes like Magical Mystery Cure and even Rainbow Rocks.

With him on board for the songs in the movie, I am pretty sure we are going to get some really catchy, memorable and enjoyable moments to come out of it.

I hope we get songs like This Day Aria and Bats and Smile instead of the Rainbow Rocks pop-crap.

Sorry. I just really hate the music in the Equestria Girls' series.

I ohpe that movie dosn't end with a pop song..woudl jsut feel so..cliche and chesy and advertise whatever singer is popular at the time.

"The cash cow goes..mooo!!"

The score and soundtrack need to resemble actual filmmaking like Disney and Dreamworks do. It needs to resemble the environment of Equestria, pacing, and characters near perfectly to really immerse the audience.

I suggest Ingram listens to Michael Giacchino and John Powell for inspiration. Those two are legends when it comes to animation.

I think that it'll be fine with whatever style music they use, and as I've said before, the music in the equestria girls movies was right on par with where it should be .

I don't really get why there shouldn't be pop music. Disney has gone to pop as well considering Let It Go is still played on the radio occasionally. I've always liked the MLP music so whatever will be in the movie, I think it'll be good.

The MLP movie needs melodic death metal. 

Angels Don't Kill confirmed as opening title song.

I for one enjoy all MLP music be it from FiM or EQG. So if it has pop inspired music then so be it.

Edited by Rarity Is Best Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I like that the music is the human-themed movies is...well...human-themed

Of course, it fits with the theme and world, but pop music in the upcoming 100% pony movie would feel like out of place. Besides, I'm pretty sure the music would be fully orchestrated as I've read somewhere 

Of course, it fits with the theme and world, but pop music in the upcoming 100% pony movie would feel like out of place. Besides, I'm pretty sure the music would be fully orchestrated as I've read somewhere

That's defiantly music to my ears! (No pun intended).