Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinions on EqG soundtrack/score?

TheAnimatorOfficial

I mean seriously. Ingram has done a phenomenal job in the regular series with both the score and such memorable songs as This Day Aria and Stop the Bats.

In Equestria Girls, all the music is this cringeworthy, saccharine overabundance of electro-pop.

A total downgrade.

Perhaps the songs in the show operate on a moral or expositional level and the EqG songs perform a narrative role, getting an action across in fewer words than could be accomplished with dialogue or like transitions.

eeh. kinda agree. it seems to me like they tried too hard to make music a main-theme in the eqg-movies, but didn't really mind for the quality of said songs. they are catchy, but the lyrics are horribly repetive sometimes. the only good song that is, by all standards, really well done, is "Battle of the Bands" from the sirens (even though I don't really like them as villains). but you're right about the music-style. I can't quite say what is it, but it seems completely off from what we've heard so far in the show. I can't put my finger on it, can't say if the songs just lack meaning or if it's just the different music-style (y'know, electro, pop and godknowswhat), but...yeah. it definitely lacks the factor that puts me into awe and not just into meh (words. some people know how to use them. some don't.).

eeh. kinda agree. it seems to me like they tried too hard to make music a main-theme in the eqg-movies, but didn't really mind for the quality of said songs. they are catchy, but the lyrics are horribly repetive sometimes. the only good song that is, by all standards, really well done, is "Battle of the Bands" from the sirens (even though I don't really like them as villains). but you're right about the music-style. I can't quite say what is it, but it seems completely off from what we've heard so far in the show. I can't put my finger on it, can't say if the songs just lack meaning or if it's just the different music-style (y'know, electro, pop and godknowswhat), but...yeah. it definitely lacks the factor that puts me into awe and not just into meh (words. some people know how to use them. some don't.).

The show sounds almost like a movie while EG sounds like Barbie.

• Brohoof 1

I mean seriously. Ingram has done a phenomenal job in the regular series with both the score and such memorable songs as This Day Aria and Stop the Bats.

In Equestria Girls, all the music is this cringeworthy, saccharine overabundance of electro-pop.

A total downgrade.

I disagree. I think Rainbow Rocks had some amazing music, some of the best. Its the only movie where I love all of the songs and I'm happy to listen to the entire soundtrack of that music in one sitting.

I dunno, I also kind of negate opinions that use ''cringeworthy'' when talking about my little pony negatively. Its just an overused adjective that shows that you put very little time into considering the proper word to use to describe something you don't like.

• Brohoof 3

The songs in Rainbow Rocks are pretty catchy, IMO. Especially "Shine Like Rainbows" and the opening theme.

Also, when I first saw the first film, I think I had the cafeteria song stuck in my head for a while.

So I'm gonna disagree with OP.

I sure don't. I have almost always liked synth-pop styled music. I don't necessarily like all the songs from the Equestria Girls movies, but most are pretty darn catchy.

It's hard for me to not like them.

I liked rainbow rocks, but yeah, I honestly didn't care for Equestria girls Music (apart from helping twilight win the crown) and apart from the CHS cheer song and right there in front of me I HATED Friendship game's music.

I actually like the songs from the movies better than a lot of the ones from the regular show. Bats in particular is one I never really liked. The EQG movies in my opinion have some really good songs like Under Our Spell and Unleash The Magic.

@@TheAnimatorOfficial

Just letting you know that I edited the title of your topic so that it better reflects the intention of the OP.

Thanks. :)