• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What are you?

• Omnivore
    • Herbivore
    • Carnivore
    • n/a

(edited)

I usually only eat meat. I'll occasionally eat fruits and rarely to not at all with vegetables. As silly as it sounds I feel sick if I eat too much of them. I guess my body isn't used to having "the good stuff" inside of it. 

Edited by YouMayNykki

(edited)

I love to eat meat especially veal entrecote, lamb skewers and beef tenderloin :D

For example i have eaten Cağ Kebabı at noon. Who doesn't love this ;)

babadan-cag-kabap-14.jpg

Edited by Rainbow Mika

Could we even survive as total carnivores? I mean, we can barely survive as complete herbivores, 'cause we need so much outside help (ie tofu, supplements), and, heck, some people can't even survive as omnivores. The human body is amazing.

Anyway, I consider myself an omnivore, though I might as well be a herbivore 'cause I rarely eat meat. My doctor says I should eat more of it but, like, I just never get around to it? Meat is not very high on my list of priorities, no matter how much I love it.

• 2 years later...

I eat meat because it's good and we were designed to chew and break down tough food anyway.

3 minutes ago, Olly said:

I don't because it would be immoral to do so

How?

Just now, Celli said:

How?

Well, as the Buddha said, "One is not called noble who harms living beings

To kill a living thing for pleasure (in this sense, for tasting it) when you do not need to is certainly immoral. Now, you may not have killed it, but you do provide the money which enables and encourages the people who do. The way animals are kept and slaughtered for profit and pleasure is very inhumane, and so I call it "immoral" as I would anything else that deserves that label. 

1 minute ago, Olly said:

Well, as the Buddha said, "One is not called noble who harms living beings

To kill a living thing for pleasure (in this sense, for tasting it) when you do not need to is certainly immoral. Now, you may not have killed it, but you do provide the money which enables and encourages the people who do. The way animals are kept and slaughtered for profit and pleasure is very inhumane, and so I call it "immoral" as I would anything else that deserves that label. 

You may find it immoral but guess what? Others don't. I certainly don't. 

Not every animal is kept inhumanely and slaughtered for profit either. 

Also I could argue you're slaughtering plants as well because they're living breathing things.

7 minutes ago, Sondash Studios said:

Yes, I love meat. You can't say no to BBQ.:-D

7-reasons-to-clean-your-bbq-grill-optimized.jpg

You're dang right I can't :P

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Celli said:

You may find it immoral but guess what? Others don't. I certainly don't. 

And why is that

Just now, Celli said:

Not every animal is kept inhumanely and slaughtered for profit either. 

A very good number are kept inhumanely and for profit, for restaurant chains and companies, where most people get their meat. And even in the most ideal of conditions where an animal is kept, killing it for your personal pleasure is still wrong of course.

Just now, Olly said:

And why is that

A very good number are kept inhumanely and for profit, for restaurant chains and companies, where most people get their meat. And even in the most ideal of conditions where an animal is kept, killing it for your personal pleasure is still wrong of course.

Because I don't. And I disagree. It's not objective fact, buddy. 

4 minutes ago, Olly said:

Why don't you? 

Because I don't? I eat meat and I like meat. If that makes me a terrible person I don't care. Don't try to pull some moral superiority on me. 

Just now, Celli said:

If that makes me a terrible person I don't care. 

That's all you needed to say.

Just now, Celli said:

Don't try to pull some moral superiority on me. 

I'm not. After all, you asked me for my view. 

Just now, Olly said:

That's all you needed to say.

I'm not. After all, you asked me for my view. 

I mean I guess it's pretty respectable of you but I don't care as long as you aren't supporting Peta.

And for the record I don't think I'm a terrible person, I'm just ignorant of animal treatment more than anything.

2 minutes ago, Celli said:

I don't care as long as you aren't supporting Peta.

I don't really know much about Peta.

3 minutes ago, Celli said:

And for the record I don't think I'm a terrible person, I'm just ignorant of animal treatment more than anything.

Many, (even most) people eat meat without thinking about it, because they've never really had to think about it. When I say that eating meat is immoral, I'm not necessarily accusing individuals of being immoral, but the act itself. Most people probably just eat meat because it's always been there, it comes in a nice clean package, and they don't even think about it other than that it "tastes good" to them. I mean, that describes me nicely until I did become vegan.