Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Premiere Date Moved Up

EquestriaGuy

Well we at least got some sort of information about the film.

An actual release date is something.

I am still waiting for a brief clip, a synopsis, trailer, or toyline, though.

I can't get completely excited for the movie yet (still looking forward to it) but this is slightly a step up from what we had in the past.

Man, I thought I was posting this one first before you! The My Little Pony 2017 movie's release date moved up one month earlier from November 3rd to October 6th, which that day is the first Friday in October of next year. I'm waiting and hyped about 17 months away from this movie! :love:

Dosen't X-Men: Gambit and Blade Runner 2 Start at the same date? I don't know if that's so clever. :/

Dosen't X-Men: Gambit and Blade Runner 2 Start at the same date? I don't know if that's so clever. :/

Last I heard, Gambit was slated for release on that same date but Fox has since removed it from schedule, and now there's no idea when it will be out. Blade Runner 2 is still scheduled to open on the same day, but the target audience for that would be so different that I'm not sure how major a competitor it would be. The competition in November though is much more fierce, on the original date the movie would be directly up against Thor: Ragnarok, with Justice League and Coco coming just two weeks later. So I would personally say moving it up to October is a smart decision.

Edited by Golden Star

Last I heard, Gambit was slated for release on that same date but Fox has since been removed it from schedule, and now there's no idea when it will be out. Blade Runner 2 is still scheduled to open on the same day, but the target audience for that would be so different that I'm not sure how major a competitor it would be. The competition in November though is much more fierce, on the original date the movie would be directly up against Thor: Ragnarok, with Justice League and Coco coming just two weeks later. So I would personally say moving it up to October is a smart decision.

Ah, i see. Well, i guess it's indeed better off in October then November. :P

Well we at least got some sort of information about the film.

An actual release date is something.

I am still waiting for a brief clip, a synopsis, trailer, or toyline, though.

I can't get completely excited for the movie yet (still looking forward to it) but this is slightly a step up from what we had in the past.

>Toyline

I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon; we got the toyfair really recently, and those toylines need to run their course first before they'll release info on any others-- They don't want to steal the spotlight from current toylines by talking about new ones after all.

I doubt we'll get info about the movies toyline till a year from now.

October is not nearly as competitive and kids are looking for a break from the overwhelming start of school.

Merged your topic into the one right below it since they both discussed the release date change. 

October is not nearly as competitive and kids are looking for a break from the overwhelming start of school.

True!

However for bronies... This is pretty obvious that they are trying to make the film less appealing to the adult audience with this move. Putting it up against 2 superhero/comic films which gross in much of the nerd culture groups that would go see this movie? It's kind of trying to sabotage it out of the gate for the adult fanbase. Me thinks Hasbro is trying to avoid bronies creeping out little girls at the theater.

True!

However for bronies... This is pretty obvious that they are trying to make the film less appealing to the adult audience with this move. Putting it up against 2 superhero/comic films which gross in much of the nerd culture groups that would go see this movie? It's kind of trying to sabotage it out of the gate for the adult fanbase. Me thinks Hasbro is trying to avoid bronies creeping out little girls at the theater.

better than going up against justice league part one or Thor ragnorok; That'd be MASSIVELY worse. IMO they're just trying to pick their battles here, and figured that it'd be better to try and squeeze the movie in a before the super huge guns come out and wreck them.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice to see that it has been bumped up a month. Now we just need more information on which characters will appear alongside the Mane Six and Spike, which I'm pretty sure Meghan is keeping under wraps until we got less than a year before the movie hits the theaters, then we'll get more information as the trailers start popping up.

Glad to hear I'll be able to see it even sooner! And glad that this timeslot is less competitive.

The troubling part about that is... It means they don't think the movie is competitive.

The troubling part about that is... It means they don't think the movie is competitive.

a movie which at its core is still for little girls would never be expected to compete with a comic action flick, or anything teen-adult oriented.

I'm sure they think it can compete just fine. But, the less competition it has, the better it'll do, especially when it would have originally been up against an MCU movie. If you can move something to a less competitive date, you should.

Me thinks Hasbro is trying to avoid bronies creeping out little girls at the theater.

haha okay man you think that!

Hasbro does not care who sees the movie all they want is that cash! Do you REALLY believe someone at the hasbro higher ups was like "you know what we should do, we should try to cut out part of the market?" LOL no sane businessman or woman would ever do something that dumb.

• Brohoof 1